Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We're not dead yet! Pack for elders

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    @StrawberryYogurt
    I got inspired by this
    tomjgpc3nn7vsd5zdrg.gif
    Monty Python. <3 I love Monty Python references. I just used the Spanish Inquisition reference in my wall status recently. XD

Makes me really want a dead parrot too. I think the elders pack should totally have spam as a dish too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Makes me really want a dead parrot too. I think the elders pack should totally have spam as a dish too.

ooooooh yes! SPAM! for dinner, breakfast and tea!
    Actually, that would work well for a new 'quick meal'
    Instant mash, canned peas and spam!
    It gains you no cooking skill when you make it, in fact, you're likely to lose skill points each time you prepare it. :p

Also, a bjorked phrasebook is needed
    "My hovercraft is full of eels."
    "I will not buy this record, it is scratched."

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    These are all good ideas, hopefully they can be added in pack by itself or in a generations ep. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know, maybe a cruise or mobile home park could have an elder focus to it. Lots of activities elders can do after they retire like dance competitions on the ship, water volleyball, shuffleboard, etc.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This is such a great idea. I've thought all along that elders need more love. I've personally coined it the, "Waiting to die" stage as it sits now. I'd love to see some simple things added to the ones already mentioned. Rocking chairs for the front porch, knitting/crochet, new interactions to yell at people "Get off my lawn!", the ability to pull out your wallet and show off all the pictures of your grand kids... a new party option, a bridge party like my granny and gramps always had would be fun. :D I'd throw my money at this idea. Would love my elders to have options. Maybe secret societies with funny hats (Grand Poobah lodge like Fred and Barny anyone? :D)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
    First off, I love this idea! I feel Elders can be improved so much by giving them more gameplay options. I created an Elderly woman yesterday and one of the CAS options I wanter so badly is the 'walk with cane' option mentioned earlier in this thread.

NelcaRed wrote: »
    3rd Idea, A knitting Hobby

I absolutely agree! I wrote a thread on crochet/knitting skill that seems to tie in nicely with this pack. Perhaps you could check it out for more ideas;

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893383/crochet-knitting-skill#latest
    signature.png
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    I support bump!!
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    I would play the PLUM outta this pack! I LOVE IT.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    This is a Great Idea, wonderful that this was brought up, I would of said wheel chair, but then again I would be told that they can not add those in, but I will hope that more Elder items and such get added in soon, thanks for posting this, much appreciated, :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have wanted a pack for elders since the sims 2. I hope we get one. Knitting and quilting, gambling, reading groups, elders flirting with each other, cruise ships, BINGO!, cards, cooking, flea markets, feeding the birds like the bird lady of Central Park, Elder style clothing, Sexy elders, TiChi, They could use the gym which is already there, the gardening skill are already there, part-time jobs are already there, there is so much already there, that just expanding on the elders would be something I would pay for.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »
    I agree, I would love an Elders Pack. They need and deserve it.

Hi I am glad you want this elders pack. I lost my game where I was playing monks, that was a fun game. Maybe I will redo it. Hear that @SimGuruDrake we do want an elders pack. I have been asking for quite awhile, and looks like I am not the only one. I hope you can bring up the suggestion. Thanks!
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Elders have gotten the short end of the stick since TS2 - where's the bocce games, the shuffleboard, the knitting, the story-telling, the baking with grandkids, the card games?
    It's bad enough the T word is horribly absent but for elders to be neglected (again!) in this incarnation is just no good!
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    Lovely idea, an Elders Pack would be inspiring and fun!
    Perhaps there could be a new story telling feature with elders, like tell Family History or something where family members would gather around to listen to the elders' story?
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Dito Everyones wonderful ideas - I too would LOVE to see our Elder Sims having a Ball before they travel with Grim, and I would love to see Gramps switch into his bermuda shorts and set of with a drink in his hand when its time!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    What a lovely idea! Elders are so underrated (irl too :D ) I would love to get this stuff pack. Also it's a great opportunity for the walking canes from ts3 generations to make a comeback.
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    This is such a great idea. I've thought all along that elders need more love. I've personally coined it the, "Waiting to die" stage as it sits now. I'd love to see some simple things added to the ones already mentioned. Rocking chairs for the front porch, knitting/crochet, new interactions to yell at people "Get off my lawn!", the ability to pull out your wallet and show off all the pictures of your grand kids... a new party option, a bridge party like my granny and gramps always had would be fun. :D I'd throw my money at this idea. Would love my elders to have options. Maybe secret societies with funny hats (Grand Poobah lodge like Fred and Barny anyone? :D)
    I would love a "get off my lawn!" and a rocking chair. Also knitting should be a skill! they could knit special blankets for beds and maybe pillows you could add to any couch \ chair, and maybe even unlock some knitted cas items.
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    These ideas are all great. Elders deserve more attention!
    @StrawberryYogurt
    I got inspired by this
    tomjgpc3nn7vsd5zdrg.gif
    Love the Monty Python reference :D the name of this pack is perfect
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    These are all great ideas! I especially love the idea of adding new dances - I was so disappointed that the Dance skill in GT only had modern dances. It would be awesome if Sims could waltz, foxtrot, etc. :smiley: Expanded family photos are also a must! :mrgreen:

I'd love an "In My Day" interaction just for Elders. Other Elders like it, but Adult and younger get annoyed. :lol:

In my day, and all the other elders nod in agreement, while eveyone younger rolls their eyes.

"In my day, we twerked to our hearts content" me when I'm 89.
    "Get off my Lawn!" - Me now in my 20s

"Grandpa, what's twerking?"

*Attempts to demonstrate*

*Throws back out*
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    And in addition to glasses of water, elders now want a glass of prune juice once a day.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wow to funny, thanks made My night, I almost fell out of My chair cause I was laughing so hard, thanks again, :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they should be able to give kids hard candy and talk about the good old days
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    Yes yes yes! A thousand times yes!
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    The issue with a pack like this is that elders are treated and act different in different cultures. It's very difficult to make a pack just for them because of that. Some cultures revere elders and they are the community leaders some hide away elders. It would be nice if they just added some elder stuff in a generations-like expansion. The other problem is we would have to have some historical element with the Sims 4 that doesn't have as much backstory as Sims 3 so they would have to add some sort of element at least for me to set a decade and home country that would change how my elder sim behaves.

Like in the area I live elderly people like tapioca, collecting automobile and train memorabilia and like to ride their bicycle, canoeing, hiking and other low key outdoor sports. But I live in a town that had a bustling automobile industry. In a different part of the world or even another city in the same state in America is different.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm an older Sim player , elderly - depends on your age range for that. My husband , who is 7 yrs. older also plays. A lot of the stuff mentioned here would be wonderful but is very stereotypical. Right now I have short funky hair, wearing a David Bowie tee shirt and jeans with flip flops , I like to be comfortable and love Bowie, my husband was in a rock band in his younger days. There is a LARGE generation of us around that are at the edge of, or just, elderly - different styles are needed for sure.
    Even after having said all that - I would so buy this , like BAM!
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    YES! I´m all in.
    It would really be nice to have like an elderly home, or block, where they could live or come and visit. Have meetings to do all the things you all have suggested. Playing cards, maybe winning or loosing money from each other.
    Making things to give to their children or grandchildren, by knitting, sewing, pottering, woodwork.
    Have partime jobs like gardening, repairing, and others.
    Babysitting their grandchildren an spoil them a lot.