Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC vs UI Extension

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
edited July 2016 in General Mods Discussion
I know MC does a whole lot more than the UI extension mod but does UI offer anything that MC doesn't? Just trying to figure out if I need them both.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Aside from allowing you to click on their needs to raise or lower them, it does a lot of things with a click on the UI rather than needing to go into the menu. I don't think it's strictly necessary or does anything MC doesn't cover (I forget if MC lets you cheat skills, does it?), but it's very handy.

Not that I 'cheat' ... (ha ha ha, couldn't even type that with a straight face).
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Thanks @elisabetta. Will having both mods installed cause a conflict?
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @luthienrising tested and said they work fine together, so I'm going with that. I think she's brilliant.

I took UI cheats out, because the only thing I WAS using it for was motive filling. I've got the motive cheats copied into a text file, it's not that hard to copy them and paste them into the cheat bar.

From UI Cheats page:

Currently, the mod includes the following functions:
    Draggable needs cheat
    Right click on a needs bar to set the motive value (from -100 to 100).
    Left click on money to gain $1000.
    Right click on money to set the household funds.
    **Right click on a Sim in the relationship panel to set the friendship/romance values (from -100 to 100).
    Right click on a moodlet to remove the moodlet.
    Right click on an aspiration goal to fulfill it immediately.
    Right click on a skill bar to set the skill level (from 1 to 10).

Bolded things are NOT in MC (aspiration MAY be, I'm not sure). Moodlet removal is cool, I'd forgotten that one.

The ** is because MC *can* edit relationship levels, but it's EASIER & faster with UI Cheats.

MC has several ways to move money and to tweak skill levels, they just work differently. (For skills you decide the rate between -10 and 10, and then flag the ACTIVE sims you want to gain skill at the modded rate... unplayeds stay normal.)

Try it and see if you like it. It IS a neat mod. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Thanks for all the info @egwarhammer. :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have them both installed and use both regularly.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I use both, too so no conflicts there.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I use both and they don't conflict at all, they work very nice together actuall
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Momma_Bear0705Momma_Bear0705 Posts: 28 Member
    Actually I am sooooooooooooo torn between them. My laptop doesnt support both and I am like......eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh :s
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited December 2020
    They both work together just fine. I've had both installed for years. Just make sure you have current versions of both.

MCCC will do a lot that UI cheats will and a TON more, but not everything. But UI cheats is infinitely easier to use.