Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevators?

I play sims 3 latenight in Bridgeport. I live in an apartment which requires an elevator to get to. I have had the lift doors close on my sim twice but he pushes them open again and walks out. Is it possible for my sim to be killed by the doors closing on him? I know there are ways to die in an elevator but can my sim die by the doors closing on him?

Comments

• simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Caelem wrote: »
    I play sims 3 latenight in Bridgeport. I live in an apartment which requires an elevator to get to. I have had the lift doors close on my sim twice but he pushes them open again and walks out. Is it possible for my sim to be killed by the doors closing on him? I know there are ways to die in an elevator but can my sim die by the doors closing on him?

I don't think so
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    No, they can't die from that it just takes them longer to get where they are going after the animations.

I remember the first time the doors closed on one of my sims. They were pregnant, very much in labor, and on their way to the hospital at the time. It would be an understatement to say I was not amused, but the timing was bad luck really. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    How can you die by elevator? That sounds interesting. Hahahaha
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    How can you die by elevator? That sounds interesting. Hahahaha
    I believe elevators can get stuck and your sim basically starves, or they can crash. I'm not sure.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    No way. They can't die by that! But this expansion (and Supernatural) does bring a new way to die. It's death by thirst (Thirst need replaces Hunger need for vampires).
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    A tip about elevators in high rises - add a second elevator to avoid the delay when there is more than one sim that needs to use them. Especially useful in the high rise bars when everyone is leaving at closing time.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited July 2016
    If your Sim gets stuck in a lift, you can use a cheat to free them, so they don't starve.

Press control, shift and C at once to enter the cheat mode.

Type in the box at the top "resetsim (Sim's first name) (Sim's last name)". For example, for my Sim, I would type:

resetsim Cyrus Akagi.

Your Sim will respawn on their home lot safely.
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    No way. They can't die by that! But this expansion (and Supernatural) does bring a new way to die. It's death by thirst (Thirst need replaces Hunger need for vampires).
    Yeah I do know the vampire thirst death. I am currently building a relationship with the hemlock family so they can turn me lol.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    If your Sim gets stuck in a lift, you can use a cheat to free them, so they don't starve.

Press control, shift and C at once to enter the cheat mode.

Type in the box at the top "resetsim (Sim's first name) (Sim's last name)". For example, for my Sim, I would type:

resetsim Cyrus Akagi.

Your Sim will respawn on their home lot safely.

I think he meant that sims will occasionally get stuck between elevator doors. But when sim is in elevator and doors are closed, it's a bug.