Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Supernaturals and Expansions

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    I couldn't care less about a supernatural EP but know that there are lots of people who are looking forward to a release. I just hope that if they do release one it'll be after all the basics and that it'll be slumped into one pack. At the end of the day The Sims is a life simulation game. That means pets, seasons, more active jobs, etc. A supernatural pack might be fun with a new and exciting world, but not yet. We've been waiting for what seems like forever for another EP. Please give us the basics before venturing into the supernatural world.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hennrietta wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about a supernatural EP but know that there are lots of people who are looking forward to a release. I just hope that if they do release one it'll be after all the basics and that it'll be slumped into one pack. At the end of the day The Sims is a life simulation game. That means pets, seasons, more active jobs, etc. A supernatural pack might be fun with a new and exciting world, but not yet. We've been waiting for what seems like forever for another EP. Please give us the basics before venturing into the supernatural world.

To me supernaturals are a basic item in the game. And The Sims wasn't created to be just a life simulator. It was designed as an open ended game for players to make it the way they wanted.
    Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hennrietta wrote: »

See, I feel like all we've been getting is "basics". Everything so far has been catering to a happy, humdrum life of banality. My sims eat and look at screens. I'm about ready to claw my own face off. The devs culled ghosts and practically erased alien abductions. There is no darkness in my sims game, no gothic ambience, no terror in the night, no transformations.

My personal sims games have never been based from the ordinary with a taste of supernatural. My games are about denizens of the strange and unusual, piercing the veil of reality and wrapping their tendrils around the normalities of the world and suffocating the mundane; to embrace an environment of magic and maniacs where nothing is impossible. Honestly... if it wasn't for custom content, I wouldn't be playing this game at all.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @LiELF You're a player after my own heart.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    @LiELF You're a player after my own heart.

Hear, hear! May monsters walk the worlds again soon! :smiley:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I hear you @LiELF and @PHOEBESMOM601

I need them back so bad. Ive got underground Vampire ruins to build an hierarchies to rule. The Club System is just screaming out to me for use with Werewolf Packs, Witch Covens, Vampire Hiarchies, Plant Sim Colonies, Mermaid Schools etc.

In sims 3 I built an old abandoned tower that lead to a gate in the sun where my Vampire Queen would execute any Vampires she deemed unfit. Usually it was just ugly townies but I admittedly killed off elders since I hated the idea of elder vampires, theyre supposed to have eternal youth.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.

I no longer believe they have plans for other life states. If they do have them I doubt they are going to kind the supernatural players would want. Instead of being the serious, scary kind I think they'll hit the silly, goofy kind.
    Movotti wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.

I don't know how they'd cram Mermaids, Plant Sims, Fairies, Plum bots, Genies, Witchs, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and possibly more all in one pack without it being half baked.

In TS3 the supernatural expansion contained vampires, fairies, werewolves, witches and zombies, so they should be able to cram that many into a single expansion again.
    I hope.

Personally, I think adding supernaturals to a fairytale themed expansion would work pretty well.

If you've read the threads done by the people who really want Supernaturals you'll find the kind of vamps and witches, etc would fit better into a Goth pack and not fairy tales.

if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things

I don't think that in this version you'll have any choice. So far how much content has gotten player controlled options? Yes you have to buy a clown picture to get a tragic clown, yes you're supposed to get aliens with a satellite....but stop and think about how well that's worked for a lot of people. I think if you want the content you'll have to take the supernatural too.
    I really hope they bring all of them back!! I miss them all (except for zombies)
    Exactly my thoughts too! Sims 3 Zombies were so annoying!

I think the reason so many players are against Supernaturals is that TS3 didn't know how to do anything any other way but to go overboard. If you had one vamp in town the next time you checked there were 20. I disliked celebrities for the same reason.

Agreed with the overboard. I like how sims 2 they were optional. There was a count or contessa that rarely appeared at night downtown and if you wanted vampires you had to befriend them and hope they bite you. Once they bite you theyll bite anyone. It was all player controlled. I miss how rare they were compared to scuba diving and seeing 2 fairys 3 mermaids and a vampire. Althoufh I want to keep the option to make them in cas.

You read my mind.

I like that there was only one or two of each supernatural. It made them mysterious and unique. If vampires were real, there wouldn't be 40 living in my town lol.

--T
  • Options
    AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    I really hope all the supernatural life states from Sims 3 return :'0 i only ever got to own 2 expansions, and missed out on most of them. I want to try mermaids sims so badly...
    I loved the scaly legs and the pretty colours i always saw on screenshots.
    I like sims 4 a lot tho, so i dont want to buy the old expansions for 3 :'( i truly hope theyll add more than just the aliens (and i hope they fix the alien age up face bug too...). I love supernaturals!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Hopefully the city EP in the leak means vampires! (Preparing my Goth household....)
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    that is what i was thinking....in TS2 nightlife was a city....had Vampires,,,,in The sims 3 Latenight was a City and they got Vampires...sooo i keep thinking this new EP is a city does this mean Vampires are coming????? or maybe another supernatural...i just something that is not like nessie...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    What do you guys think will happen with them?

My personal preference is that they are added in their own EP for those that want them. I am not keen on how either ghosts or aliens are done in Sims 4 so don't really look forward to other life states either.

I also don't like how Grimmy becomes a regular townie in saves and goes to bars and shopping. I avoid death, bar theme nights and abductions in my game.