Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Tips

Hi! I know lots of sims have trouble with building, even I did when I first bought sims, so I thought I'd list some building tips for y'all.
Tip 1.) Use items in "clutter".
Items in clutter make your house look lived in. I personally do not like houses that are so fancy because they do not feel like a home I could live in. Also, items in clutter are not just for making your house look lived in, some are nice decorations that add a little personal touch.
Tip 2.) Try out different shapes of houses.
Simple boxes are not very creative. Try making weird layouts.
Tip 3.) Go outside! Explore the neighborhood irl. You will find houses that you may want to build in TS4.
Tip 4.) Have some worlds with money cheats.
Everyone uses motherlode, bb cheats, etc. When you use building cheats, you can practice building easily. You do not even have to play in the house, just cheat so you can practice building.
Tip 5.) Make gardens, backyards, decks, pools, etc.
Just making a nice house is not enough to make it feel truly great. With these few extra things, you can make your house truly great.
Tip 6.) Look at houses on the gallery. Do not look at the new ones, look at popular ones. If you want to see a small house, look for houses that are built on the 20x15 lots. If you want to see mansions, look at houses that were built in the 40x30 lots.
Well, that is about it! Hope this helped. ;)
Make sure to share your tips too! ;)

Comments

• linsleyklinsleyk Posts: 39 Member
    :)
  • NelcaRedNelcaRed Posts: 322 Member
    Tip 7.) Look at my gallery :wink:
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
  • DB296DB296 Posts: 1 New Member
    When i start making a build I have no ideas what I'm about to build then soon after I'll find out what to do. I'm proud of myself until I realise I'm complete 🐸🐸🐸🐸! at making roofs.
    If you see this comment help me out and tell me what to do please :smile: