Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latenight Jobs at night time?

So I am planning to make a sim that will live in Bridgeport. I will get him bitten and turned into a vampire. I want him to live a real vampire life, and I want him to sleep & stay inside during daytime and at night time is only when he'll come out. Are there any jobs in Bridgeport which you only do at night? Thanks!

Comments

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    There's a part time job at the graveyard and if I remember you can moonlight as a mixologist at bars after you have enough mixology skill
    Happy Simming!♥
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    There's a part time job at the graveyard and if I remember you can moonlight as a mixologist at bars after you have enough mixology skill
    What's the job like there? Sorry if I sound lazy but I looked up things like "Sims 3 graveyard job" and nothing actually came up.. What are the hours and pay like?
    edited July 2016
    Well it is a part time job so not very good i would imagine .i think it starts late at night though so your vampire wouldn't burn

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/part-time-jobs.php
    Happy Simming!♥
    Well it is a part time job so not very good i would imagine .i think it starts late at night though so your vampire wouldn't burn

So no proper jobs that start late at night?
    Not that I know of ,besides mixology moonlighting .

But this list might help you http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/
    Happy Simming!♥
    Not that I know of ,besides mixology moonlighting

Mixology moonlighting dos sound interesting. Do I need to become a celeb to be able to earn money from it? Because do you only receive money from tips? (Clubs aren't exactly busy)
    Caelem wrote: »

Mixology moonlighting dos sound interesting. Do I need to become a celeb to be able to earn money from it? Because do you only receive money from tips? (Clubs aren't exactly busy)

I'm not sure how it works as its one of the careers I haven't explored .but you should be able to find the guide in the link I gave you .if not let me know and I'll find one
    Happy Simming!♥

I'm not sure how it works as its one of the careers I haven't explored .but you should be able to find the guide in the link I gave you .if not let me know and I'll find one
    I believe mixology is a skill, and you just takeover the bars. I think the pay is through tips and you need to be a celeb to get into the bars. Ah well. I guess I'll just work at the graveyard. Also being a vampire, can I hunt down and drink from anyone, or is it just close friends I can drink from?

• mmallory10mmallory10 Posts: 53 Member
    The criminal career is mostly at night, I think a few of the first few levels are during the day but the hours are usually 9 pm to 3 am.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Do you you have the savvy seller from the TS3 store? http://aznsensei.blogspot.com/2013/09/savvy-sellers-collection-tutorial-how.html

You can buy property and just collect the profits.

You'd have to check the hours that you can enter the grocery store. Your Sim could grow things (plant and harvest at night) or fish and sell to the grocery store.

There are other things you can do but it depends on what content you have.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    So I am planning to make a sim that will live in Bridgeport. I will get him bitten and turned into a vampire. I want him to live a real vampire life, and I want him to sleep & stay inside during daytime and at night time is only when he'll come out. Are there any jobs in Bridgeport which you only do at night? Thanks!

The criminal career job hours are mostly at night. Note: rabbit hole career hours are different for Bridgeport. I don't know where you can find those on the web. The sims wiki used to have them, but they've been removed.
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Well if you start at university or do that slack off LTR then you can skip the first few levels of the Criminal career. After level three its from 9 PM to 1 or 3AM.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    As people stated, criminal career. My chef also worked at nights but I think that was with sims 4? I don't really remember
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    td998 wrote: »
    As people stated, criminal career. My chef also worked at nights but I think that was with sims 4? I don't really remember

Oh yeah, the culinary career has pretty late hours too. You remember correctly. I don't recall if it always starts after dark, but that's easily looked up on the wiki.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Yes as others have mentioned going to university and getting a Business degree with an A GPA will ensure your sim getting a job in the criminal career starting at level 4. The work hours get later and later as they advance in both branches. Wait until you sim gets back from uni before turning him into a vampire would work.

Also the music career gets later and later hours as they advance.
  • K_MollyK_Molly Posts: 39 Member
    Oh, you can be a computer hacker if you have the Computer Whiz trait. Sims can only hack at night.
    Thanks for all your help guys. To me working as a criminal seems fitting for a vampire, plus, my sim sim has become good friends with the hemlocks who are vampires and the man (can't remember his name) works as a criminal. I will get him to turn me later. Is there a chance the bites don't work?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Thanks for all your help guys. To me working as a criminal seems fitting for a vampire, plus, my sim sim has become good friends with the hemlocks who are vampires and the man (can't remember his name) works as a criminal. I will get him to turn me later. Is there a chance the bites don't work?

Carl's guide has a lot of help on a lot of subjects.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/latenight/vampires.php

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Carl's guide has a lot of help on a lot of subjects.
    It never said anything about that, so I guess you always turn. I did read that plasma can be given to the vampires. So the only way for me to get blood is by friends letting me? I cannot attack unsuspecting targets in the middle of the night?
    edited July 2016
    It never said anything about that, so I guess you always turn. I did read that plasma can be given to the vampires. So the only way for me to get blood is by friends letting me? I cannot attack unsuspecting targets in the middle of the night?
    To get a vampire to turn your sim they must be friends with them or maybe even good friends. Once bitten you will have a moodlet for a few days and then your sim will turn when that moodlet expires.

I don't think a Late Night vampire can turn sims against their will in an un-modded game, although I'm not sure if Supernatural changed that with its addition to the vampires.
    I forgot to add: Vampires can drink blood from a sim if they agree. Vampire can have a quick meal from the frig of plasma juice. Vampires can eat plasma fruit that they either get from the grocery store or from a garden plant. If there is a gardener in your household they must be at level 7 to plant plasma fruit. As they improve the quality of plant to get it to produce perfect plasma fruit the vampire will get a positive moodlet (I think it is +40) that lasts for 8 hours. It also seems to satiate the thirst for longer than other blood/plasma sources.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    To get a vampire to turn your sim they must be friends with them or maybe even good friends. Once bitten you will have a moodlet for a few days and then your sim will turn when that moodlet expires.

I don't think a Late Night vampire can turn sims against their will in an un-modded game, although I'm not sure if Supernatural changed that with its addition to the vampires.
    I don't mean 'turn'. I just mean drink from basically. It's like woohoo and try for a baby. Is there a way to also just drink from a sim without them turning (or even drinking from them against their will) or can you only get plasma from sims you're friends with? And if you only get plasma from friends, how do they give it to you?
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I forgot to add: Vampires can drink blood from a sim if they agree. Vampire can have a quick meal from the frig of plasma juice. Vampires can eat plasma fruit that they either get from the grocery store or from a garden plant. If there is a gardener in your household they must be at level 7 to plant plasma fruit. As they improve the quality of plant to get it to produce perfect plasma fruit the vampire will get a positive moodlet (I think it is +40) that lasts for 8 hours. It also seems to satiate the thirst for longer than other blood/plasma sources.
    Ok thanks for your help I understand now. I guess no creeping up and attacking unsuspecting targets in the night then.
    Aren't vampires also able to raid the hospital for plasma ?
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited July 2016
    ... And if you only get plasma from friends, how do they give it to you?

If they are just friends they drink from the wrist. Also they will turn a friend by biting the wrist.
    Screenshot-253_zpsc3uknrwv.jpg

Edit to add: My vamp had charisma skill with 25 acquaintances and also the attractive lifetime reward so anyone he met he was instant friends with. He got hungry right after graduation so introduced himself to this random sim, became instant friends and drank.

If they area romantic interest they drink from the neck. Also they will turn a romantic interest by biting the neck.
    Screenshot-232_zpsuczjw4om.jpg

Aren't vampires also able to raid the hospital for plasma ?
    Yes I think so and also they can raid the grocery store for plasma fruit, although I usually just buy it since your vampire can get caught by the police and if they get sent to jail they could die of starvation.