Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Done and Dusted- A Reading circle (Spots available.)

2...Next

Comments

• Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    Well, hello, @Charliimai !

Thank you for the welcome!
    After looking at the synopses you've written for your listed stories, I have a better idea what to do.
    I'm nearly done migrating my legacy challenge. Once that's done, I'll add synopses.

May I say that I love the opening image of this thread--the maid with the duster and open book with swirling plumbobs?
    I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's stories!

And may your break bring you everything you hope it will.
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have been a busy little bee, migrating chapters to my blog while playing two other challenges (one grind-y, one just plain fun).
    Here are the synopses for the stories that I've finished (or almost finished) uploading to my blog:

* The Sanada Wonder Child Challenge
    This is my second attempt at Sims storytelling and it definitely shows. I fell in love with my Wonder Child's parents and had them make a lot of unnecessary children. I dabbled in custom content and poses for the first time.

* The Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Dystopian Dearth (47 chapters; April~July, 2016)
    This story features my Wonder Child as the founder in a story based on my second attempt at Pinstar's Apocalypse Challenge.
    Game-driven (or should I say "challenge-driven") storytelling to its very core.

(Please note that 15 out of its 47 chapters are already scheduled for publishing; the story link is: https://oshizublog.wordpress.com/the-sanada-apocalypse/ )

* The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests
    Despite all the freezing and glitching, I loved playing and writing The Mori Legacy, based on Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. I'd started out not caring about scoring but, of course, got sucked in and enjoying playing outside of my comfort zone. (Final score: 100/101 points)

* The 7 Toddlers Challenge: Thrive!
    Shin'ya Mori (twin brother of the 10th heir of my Mori Legacy) accepts a cushy job offer at Thrive!, a group home for gifted toddlers on The Island in Windenburg.

I see that this thread has been quiet and that not all of the members have listed stories to be read.
    No matter, it seems that @Charliimai and @cathytea have written enough for 5-6 simmers, hehe.
    In any case, I'm going to warm up by reading the shorter stories before moving on to the longer ones.

P.S. @Charliimai
    In Chapter 1.14 "Still Waiting" of my Murkland story, I invited "you" to Pufferdome, where I caught you in a rather comprising act. ;)
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @Shizu9no1 just popping in briefly while I have a few minutes thank you for taking the time to write the synopses for your stories. I have added them to the front page.
    This thread is very quiet as it is so relaxed, some would say too relaxed but I like it and there are a few of stories listed so we wont be likely to run out of completed works to read anytime soon.
    I have started reading your stories and am enjoying them. And hey You!! you're just as bad as me and @CathyTea :D
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    I.

P.S. @Charliimai
    In Chapter 1.14 "Still Waiting" of my Murkland story, I invited "you" to Pufferdome, where I caught you in a rather comprising act. ;)

Oh I will have to get back to reading it, I cant wait to find out how my simself has shown me up!! ;)
    I haven't had the chance to play my Murkland save :'( I'm still living the Murky dream through reading everyone's updates
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    Hi, everyone, I would love to join this reading circle. I've just recently completed my first story and I would love to have more people read it and some more stories to read :) I'm not the faster reader, because I write my stories and do Youtube videos, as well as work and all the rest, life has to throw at me, but I will definitely read as often as I can :)

Room Challenge

A story about Lola Wolfe and her journey of solitude in Windenburg. After leaving her life behind in San Myshuno, Lola found herself trapped in her house unable to leave again. Would she survive, or would she crumble under the pressure of isolation?

https://myinnersim.com/the-room-challenge/

Apologies if my link doesn't work yet, I'm still a new member and I'm not one for spamming for the sake of it. I'll get there eventually :)
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Lovely to have you here, @MyInnerSim ! I'll look forward to reading your finished story! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!