Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard stuff drinks tray/Grab a drink together

Hi I was wondering if its possible for Sims to grab a drink together using the Backyard stuff Drinks tray? I've tried setting up a group gathering and when I click on the tray it never gives the option to grab drinks together. Its really annoying me because guests don't even bother with the drinks tray. So my sim always have 5+ servings left. I don't know if the tray was made that way or if I have ran into a bug? I've tried group gatherings, parties and other ways to try and get guests to drink my sims Lemonade :disappointed: I even changed club rules to just drink and no luck. Help!

Comments

• simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    I don't think it's possible but I REALLY want this feature added to both the Backyard and Spa Day trays. I hardly ever use them because of this reason. I would love to use them more because they're so convenient and I really like the three new drinks with Backyard Stuff. Maybe @SimGuruGraham will see this and help us out? :smiley:
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Still been playing around still no luck. Its annoying me because iced tea and citrus swig cost around 150 simoleons each time so my sims money is getting wasted. In real life I wouldn't be happy about that much money been wasted on drinks or food for that matter. I know 150 simoleons isn't a lot in game but just my sim will only drink 1 off the tray and the guests not touch them :disappointed: Please Sims team. This object just seems wasteful. I don't want guests ignoring the Tray. They shouldn't do that! Especially when club rules are to drink and sims would rather drink water from the tap instead of fresh refreshing summer drinks from the tray. Either cut the price for drinks or add a option to grab a drink together.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Can we just drag the extras to the fridge to drink later?
    (going to try testing this later)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes this is literally so annoying! And the same with the barista bar from GT, PLEASE let us have a order drink for Sim/Group like the mixologist bar.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    Can we just drag the extras to the fridge to drink later?
    (going to try testing this later)

You can do that, yes. :) But I still wish we could grab drinks with our friends. :(
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    I hate storing drinks in the fridge. I'd also like the options to be available on the base game Coffee machine and Tea brewer. Id love my sim to invite Bella Goth over and both sims sit and chat have a coffee together. Just like grab serving together with food option.

ADDED. Ok I don't hate storing drinks, I've noticed the more items I have in the fridge the longer loading screens. So really kinda a hate relationship.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If you have two sims I think you can slip it into their inventory and tell them to drink at the same time.