Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Help?

oopsdaiesoopsdaies Posts: 37 Member
I did everything correctly, but my custom content still won't show up in the game!

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    oopsdaies wrote: »
    I did everything correctly, but my custom content still won't show up in the game!

Can you be a little more specific? :)

Did you re-enable your mods/cc after the last patch?

It's on the last page of game options, there are two "mods" checkboxes that both have to be turned on (green), then hit Apply. Then you'll have to exit and restart for it to take effect.

• Options
    Well I guess to be specific, I dragged the custom content to my mods folder and I had the "enable custom content and mods" box checked, but I don't remember checking a second box.

Could you tell me what the second box was called? I'm not exactly sure which one to check. (Sorry I'm new to this!)
  • Options
    Well I guess to be specific, I dragged the custom content to my mods folder and I had the "enable custom content and mods" box checked, but I don't remember checking a second box.

Could you tell me what the second box was called? I'm not exactly sure which one to check. (Sorry I'm new to this!)

Pictures are awesome. :) Does this help?

mkj7mu.jpg
  • Options
    Wow! Thank you so much it worked! :)
  • Options
    Wow! Thank you so much it worked! :)

That's awesome! It's a little weird, that page, because you DO usually only have to check one box to turn them both on. I wondered if that might've been the sticky spot. :)

Picture=1000 words.
  • Options
    I think the actual problem was because I had subfolders! But your advice was still very helpful. :)
  • Options
    I think the actual problem was because I had subfolders! But your advice was still very helpful. :)

Nerd tip: (you may already know this, but some probably don't...)

Mods that are Script Files can only be placed ONE subfolder below /Mods. I have MC in /Sims4/Mods/MC.

("bad" example: /mods/scripts/mc...DO NOT DO THIS.) B) (tested by yours truly, does NOT work.) :smiley:

Package files can go up to 5 levels deep. Makes for easier organization.

I don't use enough cc for more than one folder.

Maybe somebody who does will chime in, if I've totally missed what you were saying. (It happens.)

/Mods/CC/Hair/Long/Brown/creatorname would work, I think... but check out some of the cc links floating around for better details. They're out there. :)
  • Options
    HeyItzAUnicornHeyItzAUnicorn Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a weird thing too! I had to get a D: drive because my C: drive wouldn't hold the space. There's a completely different setup. It says, __Installer, Data, Delta, EP01, EP02, FP01, Game, GP02, Soundtrack, SP01, SP03, SP06, and Support. There's no mod folder. Can someone help?
  • Options
    HeyItzAUnicornHeyItzAUnicorn Posts: 2 New Member
    A D drive is what I meant.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I'm having a weird thing too! I had to get a D: drive because my C: drive wouldn't hold the space. There's a completely different setup. It says, __Installer, Data, Delta, EP01, EP02, FP01, Game, GP02, Soundtrack, SP01, SP03, SP06, and Support. There's no mod folder. Can someone help?

Hello
    Your mods folder is in your Documents-electronic arts -sims 4 - then the mods folder is there.

Launch the game. Then when the main screen has loaded , come out of the game. Then go to Documents-electronic arts -sims 4 folder and see if the mods folder is there.

The files/folders that you have listed in your post are the program files.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

Mods that are Script Files can only be placed ONE subfolder below /Mods. I have MC in /Sims4/Mods/MC.

("bad" example: /mods/scripts/mc...DO NOT DO THIS.) B) (tested by yours truly, does NOT work.) :smiley:

Maybe somebody who does will chime in, if I've totally missed what you were saying. (It happens.)

/Mods/CC/Hair/Long/Brown/creatorname would work, I think... but check out some of the cc links floating around for better details. They're out there. :)
    Yes, the example you posted does work, though I'm not sure how helpful it would be considering that most cc hairs come in all the colors and that there are quite a few that are tagged incorrectly for length.
    Mine goes Mods/CAS/Adult/Feminine/Hair/CreatorName
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

Yes, the example you posted does work, though I'm not sure how helpful it would be considering that most cc hairs come in all the colors and that there are quite a few that are tagged incorrectly for length.
    Mine goes Mods/CAS/Adult/Feminine/Hair/CreatorName

Your example is better than mine. :) I don't use much cc. I have five files total.

So I'm not hip on the best sort strategy, I just needed 5 words to fill the tree. LOL!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Pegasus143 you can fix the hair tags for length very easily in Sims 4 Studio http://www.sims4studio.com/ . You have to join their board to use the Sims 4 studio but, it's free! Choose the Open Beta version for best results. There is an easy tutorial under Custom Content Management Tutorials. You will be able to fix your problem in a flash. Plus, you can stop CC from showing up on Townies & aliens and remove things like dresses that show up in swimwear. (I've had that twice!)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I actually do have that program, I'm just too lazy to do it. Plus, I'm waiting around for a batch fix that will tag all of the CAS cc to go on random sims. It's annoying when they have absolutely no variety.
  • Options
    chezzie24chezzie24 Posts: 2 New Member

My sims4 folder has the same structure since the update.

I'm having the same issue since I re downloaded sims 4 and done the update a few days ago. I have done everything. I have ticked both boxed for to allow custom content, I have created a family and save and exited the game.

When I go to documents, via various different routes people say to go, there is no Electronic Arts folder anymore, even after I played the game for a while.

How do I get custom content into the game without this folder? Am I going to have to remove it all and re download the game...again?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    chezzie24 wrote: »

My sims4 folder has the same structure since the update.

I'm having the same issue since I re downloaded sims 4 and done the update a few days ago. I have done everything. I have ticked both boxed for to allow custom content, I have created a family and save and exited the game.

When I go to documents, via various different routes people say to go, there is no Electronic Arts folder anymore, even after I played the game for a while.

How do I get custom content into the game without this folder? Am I going to have to remove it all and re download the game...again?

Hello
    A simmer had issues recently, and found that they had to untick " hide files/folders " Try going to the settings area of your computer and untick that box.
    Then go to documents and see if the EA -sims 4 folder is there then,
  • Options
    BrittentBrittent Posts: 1 New Member
    Does Anyone have updated info on CC not working? I've ticked both boxes, taken all content out of subfolders. Put content in the trey folder, moved contnet back to the mod folder. Played with settings on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Still, the only thing that shows up is .package file.

I'm on a 2015 iMac running fully update Sierra if that helps anyone help me. Pls help, I'm so board with regular sims contnet
  • Options
    @Brittent .package is the correct file format for CC in the sims 4. If it is something else, it either isn't a Sims 4 file or it needs to be extracted, Here is a guide to Sims 4 CC:

https://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited April 2017
    Something that might help. if you go in your mods folder and open the resources icon with notepad or wordpad and change the contents of that folder to this :
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Then hit save, it'll allow you to use up to 5 or 6 sub folders for better organization of your files. :)

** but as noted by @egwarhammer it only works with cc not scripts!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    I have a problem with downloding CC...I looked it up many times on sites like Youtube, but it dosent seem to work on my Computer. Everything is fine when I start downloding CC, but when I want to place it in an folder, my Computer tells me that the file cannot be opened, even if I have different softwares which should be capabal of doing that, like Windrar or 7-zip. When it finishes downloading onto my Computer, also my Security Softwares tell me that I might be downloding a Virus. Can anyone assist with this issue or has encoutered similar problems?
  • Options
    I have a problem with downloding CC...I looked it up many times on sites like Youtube, but it dosent seem to work on my Computer. Everything is fine when I start downloding CC, but when I want to place it in an folder, my Computer tells me that the file cannot be opened, even if I have different softwares which should be capabal of doing that, like Windrar or 7-zip. When it finishes downloading onto my Computer, also my Security Softwares tell me that I might be downloding a Virus. Can anyone assist with this issue or has encoutered similar problems?

If the file name ends with ,package it does not need to be opened. It just needs to be placed in your Mods folder and it is good to go. Files ending with .zip and .rar need to be opened/extracted; you should find the .package file inside and again that goes to your Mods file.

Your security software should prevent any virus issues that it detects, usually by removing the problem file.

• Options
    Hailey_Astle18Hailey_Astle18 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi so I am having some troubles with downloading cc onto my MacBook Air. I went on YouTube and watched multiple videos on how to download it, I followed the instructions correctly and it doesn’t seem to be working for me. My settings are set so i’m able to download it. If I could get some assistants it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options

If the format of the file is .package, it does not need to be opened, simply place your .package files in your Mods folder and as long as Mods are enabled in the game, that is all you need to do. Only files ending in .rar or .zip need to be opened. Again, these are the instructions for CC:
    https://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    DisenchantingDisenchanting Posts: 7 New Member
    Does anyone know why my game does this? i.imgur.com/cElHGJ9.png it happens with dresses / skirts / and jumpers ... i dont know how to fix it...
  • Options
    Does anyone know why my game does this? i.imgur.com/cElHGJ9.png it happens with dresses / skirts / and jumpers ... i dont know how to fix it...

I have that problem too with CC. I can get around it by zooming the camera in and out. If it is really bothering you, I would suggest posting something at Sims 4 Studio under Sims 4 Chat because it affects multiple creators content.