Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old sims game

Pandagirl3100Pandagirl3100 Posts: 3 New Member
okay so i got a super old sims game from my cousin. To visualize how old it is it says the system requirements is Windows XP, Windows 98, or Windows 95. I don't know exactly what system i'm using i just know that the update notification for Windows 10 keeps popping up. so anyways i've installed the game and everything but when i go to actually play the game it says i have to log in with administrator privileges first and i don't know what that means please help

Comments

• Pandagirl3100Pandagirl3100 Posts: 3 New Member
    it's the Deluxe Edition by the way i forgot to say that
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello @Pandagirl3100
    I think you probably are running Windows 7. To check go into Control Panel/System and Security/System to view.

To play The Sims - left click on the Start Button, right click The Sims Programme and select the option to "Run as Administrator".
    Hope you enjoy your game! :)
  • Andy251991Andy251991 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey lady sim you seem to be a gamer geek which is cool. I got sims 1 and it works on my xp laptop just fine, but when I tried adding makin magic expansion, sims just doesn't load up anymore. Is there a specific order you need to install them? Or? If you can help thanks
    Andy
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    Andy251991 wrote: »
    Hey lady sim you seem to be a gamer geek which is cool. I got sims 1 and it works on my xp laptop just fine, but when I tried adding makin magic expansion, sims just doesn't load up anymore. Is there a specific order you need to install them? Or? If you can help thanks
    Andy

The order of the Original Sims was: The Sims, Livin Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, SuperStar and Makin Magic. However that being said the bundled editions never did play nice with the rest of the expansion packs which was a shame because technically if you own The Sims Full House with The Sims Deluxe Edition you technically own everything that came in The Sims Complete Collection however would never be able to play everything together in one game instance as you can in The Sims Complete Collection, which is a shame becuase only certain parts of the world got the complete collection while others got the full house version.