Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Customers wont leave

In Dine Out I've been experiencing customers not wanting to leave. It will be the end of their meal and the waiter will clean up all their plates but they will still sit there and still talk forever. Its a little irritating because I end up having to close because it gets too late and their star rating wont count. Does anyone else experience this or know why this is happening?
sMggKkh.png

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Dine Out is a buggy mess and EA will hopefully fix someday.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue @Emma-LeeXOXO .
    Other simmers also are having the issue with customers remaining . I hope that there may be other simmers who have found a workaround for the problem and can offer help.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    It's happened to me... but I just interpreted it as customers who stay at their tables too long (like sitting at your table as the waitress wipes the tables and the dishwasher puts the chairs up and starts mopping the floor.). I didn't think it was a glitch as much as customers getting lost in conversation.

I'll pay closer attention next time.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It happens to me as well. I have no choice but to close the restaurant if it's getting late. I don't want my employees to start getting tired and upset. Not sure if it's a glitch or intended that way, but I don't want to leave the restaurant open for too extended of a period just so these customers can keep on chatting until the sun comes up.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We need that megaphone and or whistle back. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    In Dine Out I've been experiencing customers not wanting to leave. It will be the end of their meal and the waiter will clean up all their plates but they will still sit there and still talk forever. Its a little irritating because I end up having to close because it gets too late and their star rating wont count. Does anyone else experience this or know why this is happening?

I'm experiencing the same thing too. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch. It does happen in real life, where you stay and talk. But it is quite annoying in this game just because of the star rating. They could be at a 5 and it won't count.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Nina Caliente stayed and chatted with my owners for HOURS after the restaurant closed. Saying goodbye, going to bed and shutting off the lights and she still didn't get the hint.
  • Alfie90Alfie90 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Nina Caliente stayed and chatted with my owners for HOURS after the restaurant closed. Saying goodbye, going to bed and shutting off the lights and she still didn't get the hint.

I have this issue all the time! Never thought about turning the lights off though haha :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello.
    I will quote here what I read that MDianaSanders posted about a similar issue and it may also help in your games also.
    Sell the table and chairs the customer is supposed to be sitting at and go back into live mode. The table being gone, they're no longer seated so they will leave. This will cause them to give the amount of stars they have at that moment - that's never the maximum they would give.
  • 34245644657638783424564465763878 Posts: 3 New Member
    I stayed din my restaurant for 20 hours and some ended up leaving with the star over there head when they got home, they didn't count, I noticed that I also make no money from them.
  • 34245644657638783424564465763878 Posts: 3 New Member
    (Update) I left it open a little longer to see what would happen, the old Sims finally left, I continued to give my workers promotions, this seems to be the way to do it.
  • DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    > @"Inna Minnit" said:
    > Nina Caliente stayed and chatted with my owners for HOURS after the restaurant closed. Saying goodbye, going to bed and shutting off the lights and she still didn't get the hint.

Lmao. That happened to my retail store when i first started S4.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2016, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top