Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which do I buy???

Once again I'm relying on you guys to help me decide which game pack to purchase...
I currently have Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, and Kids Stuff if this will help in the decision making. I'm struggling to choose between Dine Out and Spa Day.
I already know about all the features of Spa Day and I am watching a Dine Out LP at the moment. Dine Out looks more appealing for my particular play style but I am concerned because I've heard that running a restaurant is similar to running a retail store in GTW, and the retail features never worked for me. I actually avoided opening stores for that exact reason.
Dine Out looks really awesome and from what I've seen in the LP, it seems to be much easier to run a restaurant than a store, so I am interested. But from those of you who've bought both packs, I'd like to know which you find yourself using more often?
Thank you for any input. Sorry this was kind of all over the place-- I hope it made sense!

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Spa Day in my honest opinion is better I don't really like Dine Out because I don't want my sims to own a restaurant. But I wanted the content. LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @Twoeta_Bird I'm not sure. I actually ain't a super fan of Dine Out or Spa Day.
    But, Spa day is technically a building where you can go with your sim to get Yoga, yada yada.
    Yes, It's nice of course, but you won't live in the Spa.
    Dine Out even if it isn't the best thing in the world and most detailed pack ever, I feel as if you can do more with it than with Spa Day( that you could get later on).
    You can build your own restaurant and decorate it the way you want, use it as an extra income, maybe, or grow it from small to big.
    I feel as you will have a bit more to be busy with Dine Out than with Spa Day.
    That's just my opnion, of course.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Both are well done packs so I would say it depends on your play style. Spa Day has some great everyday stuff while Dine Out is pretty much the dining experience and it works well unlike Get To Work retail that I never use.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Hmm, I think managing a restaurant is a bit more of the 'service' type for your sim. The sim you're controlling can only go around and talk to the customer and give comp drinks, etc. It's a bit less stressful than retail cuz for retail, you have to ring them up before they storm off, but for restaurants you can do those social interactions at any time while they're there at the table.

If you're a builder and you like modern builds, I would recommend Spa Day, it's still one of my fav GPs. I use the build buy mode items even until now.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif