March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Models of The World - Challenge 09 posted!

psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao3_r1_1280.png
tumblr_oay8hswGN21uz57gao1_1280.png
I'm starting a new competition with more focus on the different beauty standards of the world. This competition is a modelling competition, and not a pageant competition. There will be creative challenges and you should have some experience in editing to get far. I'm currently searching two judges to judge with me. I'm hoping for 20 contestors to join before I'm starting the competition. The judges will then pick out fifteen members to go through to the first challenge. This means your applications are more important than in other competitions.

You have to create your sims in Sims 4 to be a part of this competition, and you also have to keep in mind that your model have realistic proportions and bodies. I'm hoping for a very diverse competion with models from around the world. When you reserve your spot, please tell me which country you want. To keep it as realtic as possible, the name of your model should be compatible to the country you choose, so if you choose a country that's not an english-speaking country it's not realistic that your model has an English name. If you're having trouble finding a name, just google it.I accept only female young adults, but your model can be plus-size if you want to.

Your entries will be judged by three judges, including your host which I will present later. Each round the four models with the highest scores go through to a poll, where everyone from contestors to members can vote for their favorite entry. The winner of the poll is the winner of the challenge. In each round there will also be an eliminated model, this will be the model with the lowest score. If there's more than one sharing the lowest scores the judges will again deliberate on who's going home. You can join with either one or two models each.
tumblr_oba5m7O49L1uz57gao1_1280.png

Leya was the hottest model out there in the late 90s and early 2000s. She is known for numerous spreads and covers in Vogue, Elle, Style Magazine and GQ. She is a british model, but her parents are both immigrants from Somalia.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
Post edited by psykt on

Comments

• psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited July 2016
    tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao4_r1_1280.png
    • You have to respect fellow contestants, do discuss all you want but as soon as the vibe is hostile I will shut it down. If I've told you to stop and you don't respect me you will be disqualified.
    • Please read the challenge thoroughly, you have the follow the brief for each challenge. If you fail to deliver according to the brief you might have to redo it, or even worse, you'll have to be disqualified.
    • I will grant you extensions, but this can't happen every time. If you're constantly asking me for extension I will eventually have to say no to everyone. So don't screw this up for everyone!
    • CC is highly recommended, but NON CC is also welcome.
    • Try to use maxis-friendly CC. That means... Try not to use bad quality or mismatching cc.
    • No faceplastering is allowed.
    • Editing is highly recommended.
    • You can use which background you want, unless I state otherwise in the challenge brief.
    • You may vote for yourself, but getting votes from social media is NOT okay. Not everyone feel comfortable with getting their facebook friends to vote for them, so if someone does they will get an advantage.
    • You're allowed to feel disappointed if you get eliminated, but it's just a competition.
    • You should not join if you know you don't have the time for it, I don't want any drop-outs.

Please note:
      • I am a real person and I have a real life outside of my computer, believe it or not, so if I'm not active one day please don't get angry with me. I try to be active every day.
      • Making competitions like this is a lot of work, please be patient.
      • This is the first competition I have made, so please be patient.
      • Some rules may change according to the briefs in the challenges.
      • Please turn your graphics up, we want good graphics!
      • Please try to think modern and tasteful.
      • Feel free to comment and talk freely on the forum, just try to include everyone in the conversation!
    Post edited by psykt on
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2016
    tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao1_r1_1280.png
    Slots:
      [*] @kittymeow with Tilly Moore from England
      [*] @alexis3142 with Okumura Satsu from Japan Inactive
      [*] @Jendowoz0612 with Elin Vinter from Sweden Eliminated
      [*] @theafricansim with Ndeye Sembene from Senegal Inactive
      [*] @wrswrs2 with Jana Krüger from Germany
      [*] @wbombje with Petra Kujovic from Montenegró
      [*] @wbombje with Chanel Jade from Jamaica
      [*] @Neverfalle with Daisy Van Der Meer from The Netherlands Inactive
      [*] @YJB19299 with Switzerland Failed to deliver application
      [*] @peppergirl84 with Alexandra Govani from Italy Quit
      [*] @NShippudenFan with Tiffany Isaac from The US
      [*] @wrswrs2 with Joanna "Asia" Piawkowska from Poland
      [*] @NShippudenFan with Kiarah Lynch from India Eliminated
      [*] @Jendowoz0612 with Mia Thompson from Australia
      [*] @MissBirdie with Céline Lanier from France. Inactive

The judges have decided the following models who will not continue on to the first challenge, as you can see on the contestant list above. Elin, we didn't feel like you fit for a model. Kiarah, the same problem with you. Joanna, you and Jana has very similar features, and we felt only one of you should go on to the first challenge.
      Post edited by psykt on
    1. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited August 2016
      tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao2_r2_1280.png

We will have three judges this season, including your host. The judges will give you feedback after each challenge, and will be using a scoring system. After each challenge the judges will follow this scoring rubric:
      (I borrowed this from Dafadollys Top Model competition.)

/10 Overall Impression. Did you like it or dislike it?
      /10 How well they followed the brief.
      /10 Grahpics/editing.

You are also allowed to give extra or points for creativity, pose, beauty etc. You can also give minus points for an odd/bad pose or something that doesn't look right. You can only give one extra point. Exmple:
      7/10 Overall Impression. Did you like it or dislike it?
      8/10 How well they followed the brief.
      5/10 Grahpics/editing.

+ 1 point for creativity.
      -  1 point because hand disappears into the dress.

The judges:
      tumblr_obg17aCE0I1uz57gao1_1280.png

Leya Grant is a famous former model. She does a little bit modelling nowadays, but was much bigger in the 90s and early 2000s. Today she's living the family life with two sons and a husband. She's all about empowering women and wants a change in the modelling world. She's a spokesperson for a modelling brand who's fighting unhealthy body image. Leya was born in London, but is half somalian and half english. Her mother came to London from Somalia a couple of years before Leya was born.

@psykt
      tumblr_oba6lpgcTe1uz57gao1_1280.png

Alice Kelly is a famous Australian Make Up Artist (MUA). She came from very humble beginnings, living in outback Aus and starting her very own fashion blog at age 16. She has friends in high places now - through making connections and forming her own brand from scratch. She experiments with different styles and looks and posts OOTD's to her blog and social media accounts gaining thousands of likes and comments on each daily. She understands that it is definitely ok to stand out among the crowd and be different and to just have fun with fashion in general. Alice is a budding entrepreneur and she's a force to be reckoned with in the fashion and modelling world. If contestants ever need any help or advice for assignments (during and after)- you can trust Alice to be open and honest!

@Klept0maniac94

tumblr_obl7cpM0OZ1uz57gao1_1280.png

Born in Italy to a Russian mother and an Italian father, Natasha is no stranger to different cultures. In her younger years, she spent many vacations visiting family in Russia. And as a teenager, she was scouted when visiting her grandparents in Moscow. Years later, she found herself travelling the world modelling for covers of magazines in every country. When her time in the limelight began to die down, Natasha moved on to other business endeavors. She is now knows for hosting her own reality TV show, Sims Next Top Model. She is an experienced model and mentor, and has coached many of today's biggest models.

@dafadolly
      Post edited by psykt on
    2. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited December 2016
      tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao5_r1_1280.png
      Challenge 9 - The Grand Finale

It's the finale of the first season of Models Of The World, and we have traveled to the US. Here the remaining models will go through a two parts-challenge.

Part 1: Easy, breezy, beautiful Covergirl.
      tumblr_oi4rvvqcBd1uz57gao1_500h.jpg

For the part 1 on the challenge, each of the models will have to star in an ad for Covergirl. You can choose what product you want to have in your ad. It's important to look at the examples to know exactly how this ad should look. There should be a pop of color in your entries, either the logo, clothing or makeup. I want your models to look fresh and perfect!

Follow this:
      • This is a beauty shot, so please use only the face and shoulders of your model.
      • Find your product, and show it in your entry on your model's face.
      • Add the covergirl logo, a slogan for your product (or an existing slogan) and I also want to see the actual product itself in your ads.
      • Background should be very plain/white/grey/light since it's an ad.
      • You are free to pick any hair length and color for this challenge.
      • You should not add any other sims in your entry.

Part 2: Evening wear

For this part of the challenge, you're all dressing up in the finest and most luxurious evening wear you can find. This is not an ad, but just a final photo shoot for the models. I want to see long gowns and diamonds. And don't be afraid of picking a more edgy dress than just the regular prom dress (we don't wanna see that), pick something that makes your model stand out from the crowd. If you want more inspiration than the example, google the Oscars. That's where we're going with this challenge.
      tumblr_oi4scevpnE1uz57gao1_1280.jpg

Follow this:
      • Your model MUST wear evening/gala/oscars wear.
      • Whole body should be present.
      • Background is totally up to you, however I would pick something glamorous.
      • You are free to pick any hair length and color for this challenge.
      • You should not add any other sims in your entry.

You will have 11 days for this challenge.
        Timer to make keeping track of the time easier here!
      Post edited by psykt on
    3. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited January 2017
      tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao6_r1_1280.png
      Challenge 09 - The Grand Finale

Asia Piawkowska:
      asia-cgmpsbp.png
      You are the winner of this season! Congratulations. We were all impressed by how well you managed to create an ad so similar to a real covergirl ad. Your model looks young and fresh, and that is really important for a covergirl ad. We have also appreciated the quality of your entries with each of the challenges. Message me for a winner-siggie.

Petra Kujovic:
      31439156060_7ea73c3927_o.png
      You came second, and even though you didn't win, you should be so proud! Me and the judges mostly felt that your formal entry was better than the covergirl entry, and we really liked the dress you chose. In your covergirl entry we felt the makeup looked a little cheap, and Petra was not as beautiful as we know her to be.

Mia Thompson:

susni8i.png
      You came third, but you should be proud of yourself. There's not a doubt that you have wonderful ideas and that Mia is very beautiful. It all came down to the fact that you didn't use the real covergirl logo in the entry, and that was an absolute must.
      Post edited by psykt on
    4. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited July 2016
      tumblr_oagsgsHkcp1uz57gao7_r1_1280.png

The application in this competition is a lot more important than applications in other competitions here. If we get 20 contestants the judges and I will pick out 15 of the 20 that will go through to the first challenge and onto the model wall. This means that your shots will have to flawless and you have to get your model to stand out from the crowd.
      Name of the model:
      Age of the model:
      Full body shot:
      A little bit about yourself (your model):
      Beauty shot (head/shoulders)

For the shots I want you all to wear the same dress. It's gonna be a little black dress, and your job is to make your model and the dress stand out with makeup, shoes and jewelry. Less is more in some situations, so don't go all crazy. The pose should show off your model in the best way. Also, the background should be white or transparent in both photos.

The dress you have to download and use in the shots:
      (Remember that it has to be black)
      http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/bandage-flounce-bodycon-dress/id/1346599/

OR this:
      (Also the black one)
      http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Sentate/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/darko-dress/id/1299313/
      Post edited by psykt on
    5. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited July 2016
      I am just gonna tag some of those I think might be interested to join here. You could either apply for a judge or a model. If you're applying for a judge I want you to send it to me on PM and not on this thread. Application form will come later, but you could definitely start reserving spots.
      Post edited by psykt on
    6. kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      I might join :) I will have to think what country I want. Can we only use maxis match CC?
    7. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      edited July 2016
      @kittymeow No, I know that's one of the rules but I'm gonna adjust it a bit. What I mean is that there's a lot of bad cc out there, and I'd rather see more maxis friendly stuff than really grainy jagged stuff. I've seen your work and you use what I call maxis friendly cc :)
    8. kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      Ok I'll join, I'd like to reserve England please. :)
    9. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      Nice, I've updated it :)
    10. alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
      I'd like to reserve slot 7 Japan please :)
      Hi My Name is Lex!
      My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
      Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
      3cyI.gif
    11. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      Yay, gonna update it right now!
    12. dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
      This comp sounds awesome! Not sure if I wanna model or judge so I'll ponder it for a little (I've been a little busy lately since its summer here) but I definitely wanna be a part of this!
    13. kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      edited July 2016
      Name of the model: Tilly Moore
      Age of the model: 19
      Full body shot:
      wlVTHzO.jpg

A little bit about yourself (your model): Tilly is from London, England. Lives with her mother and younger brother.
      She's currently studying drama, she's loved acting since she was little and has always been involved in school plays. Her dream is to become a famous model, she's hoping to pursue her dream by entering Model Of The World. Her favourite food is cottage pie and she likes to relax and snuggle with her Huskey.

e2jVFqp.jpg

I hope I did this right. :)
      Post edited by kittymeow on
    14. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      @kittymeow Yeah, you did it right :) Was the dress bad quality? I didn't have the time to test it out you see. It seems like you smoothed it a little bit
    15. Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
      edited July 2016
      I'd love to join this one, @psykt count me in for Africa.

16. psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
      Africa is not a country :open_mouth:@Jendowoz0612
      You're allowed to join though :)
    17. kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      edited July 2016
      In the screenshot it had a lot of jagged edges so I tried too fix it. Hope that's ok. Could I edit the body shot to make it neater? I'm having a bit of a bad day :D
      Post edited by kittymeow on
    18. Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
      edited July 2016
      psykt wrote: »
      Africa is not a country :open_mouth:@Jendowoz0612
      You're allowed to join though :)

True it's a continent. That's okay I will choose Sweden if that is okay.
      Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

19. theafricansimtheafricansim Posts: 114 Member
      Hi @psykt ! Sounds like a really fun event. I didn't see a timeframe though - is there a date we have to work on yet? Once I can post as a member I'll be interested in participating, representing Senegal (West Africa).
      "The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." Leo Buscaglia -
      d1FRKNs.jpg

20. Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
      edited July 2016
      Thank you, @MizoreYukii but I will probably go with Sweden. Be a blondy just for a change.
      Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

21. alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
      edited July 2016
      *Edit: Im going to make a new app, I didn't like the way the dress looked (same model though)
      Post edited by alexis3142 on
      Hi My Name is Lex!
      My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
      Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
      3cyI.gif
    22. kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      alexis3142 wrote: »
      Name of the model: Okumura Satsu
      Age of the model: 22
      Full body shot:
      sYwHfTZ.png
      (For some reason the dress was really "grainy" in game even though my settings are like maxed out and everything, oh well"

A little bit about yourself (your model): Will add this tomorrow it is really late here and I'm about to head to bed I just wanted to get the pictures up haha :)
      qUWY2eo.png

Yeah the dress was like that for me too! Love your model, her hair is awesome. :)