Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 4 worth £49.99/$66.25

Hiya,

I have always played the Sims since the first one and would have brought the Sims 4 for 49.99 if it had just come out, however, it doesn't seem worth it right now.

Is it worth buying it at this time or should I wait for it to go down?

Thanks

Comments

• BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Just wait for it to go down. I bought it for CDN$20.00 last Christmas. The base game alone is not worth much more than that, imo.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wait for it to go down with hopefully more stuff to do and snag a bundle or two to enjoy the game more :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wait for it to go down with hopefully more stuff to do and snag a bundle or two to enjoy the game more :)

Exactly - I planned on splurging on DLC since I'm not normally a CC or mod lover, so waiting for the price to go down - if you're like that too - would be your best bet.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Definitely not worth that much imo
    You could always look for it on Amazon, Ebay, local stores, etc and pay a lot less, or wait for Origin to have a sale. They happen a lot
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have also been playing since TS1 (but skipped TS2). Played the heck out of TS3. I waited until December 2015 to get TS4 and got in on sale. I would definitely recommend waiting for a sale. I find it fun though, especially with the expansions and the right SP and GP to suit your play style. For example, I would not want to play without Spa Day, but that's not everyone's favourite pack.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    Nope! Wait for a sale to happen and then buy it :smiley:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's £19.99 on Amazon prime day today!