Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch this Thursday

Given that there will be a new SP released next week Tuesday and we always get a patch the Thursday before, what new additions do you think will be added?

They did say that there were free content included in the gif...

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If the free contet from the gif comes in a patch, and the rest of the gif is backyard stuff, what's happening in the rest of the quarter?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If the free contet from the gif comes in a patch, and the rest of the gif is backyard stuff, what's happening in the rest of the quarter?

That was my exact question when I saw the new trailer. It doesn't make any type of sense.

ETA: Maybe that's why we received a gif instead of video
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I really thought it wasn't going to be coming out this month and we would have to wait two months for Backyard Stuff personally.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Given that there will be a new SP released next week Tuesday and we always get a patch the Thursday before, what new additions do you think will be added?

They did say that there were free content included in the gif...

That's free content anytime between now and September 30, though. A pre-SP patch might be as little as adding the SP to what can be seen in-game from the Main Menu.

Though some hair recolors would be nice...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Some people are excepting a Nanny NPC to be free content with July's patch
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I still want to know why they showed the baby and crib in that shot with the ?Nanny?. Let's wildly speculate!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I still want to know why they showed the baby and crib in that shot with the ?Nanny?. Let's wildly speculate!

I doubt it. As far as I know they are not doing anything concerning babies.
    MadameLee wrote: »

As helpful a nanny would be, I feel like it would fall short.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't think there'll be a content patch, just a general bug fixing patch. Or else there won't be anything else for this quarter.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

I doubt it. As far as I know they are not doing anything concerning babies.
    MadameLee wrote: »

As helpful a nanny would be, I feel like it would fall short.

well we got hirable gardeners, Repair NPCs in other patches like we got ghosts/pool in earlier patches.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Maybe it just signifies that the backyard stuff is fun for the whole family? All ages. ( except babies who can't slide) lol
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Maybe it just signifies that the backyard stuff is fun for the whole family? All ages. ( except babies who can't slide) lol
    Maybe they can and we just don't know about it yet LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I hope it's a bug patch to fix some of the problems and the relationship decay.
  • Options
    Well I hope it adds in bed animations and the option to set sims in cas to boy/girlfriend.

Yes and add other family members like step mother/father and so forth. I hate that after one of my Sims remarry the child refers to them as acquaintance
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member

I agree it's odd. Seeing as everything in that image appears to be intentional.. I would assume nannies are free in the patch.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Well I hope it adds in bed animations and the option to set sims in cas to boy/girlfriend.

Yes and add other family members like step mother/father and so forth. I hate that after one of my Sims remarry the child refers to them as acquaintance

I thought they did fix this???
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I hope it's a bug patch to fix some of the problems and the relationship decay.

Seriously this cannot be emphasized enough.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Baby update will come very soon, believe me or not :sunglasses:
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »

I thought they did fix this???

Haven't been fixed in my game. There are still relationship issues.

I also hope that we could get some age sliders and a new world. (Or am I begging for too much :*;) )
  • Options

Maybe they can and we just don't know about it yet LOL

Yeah! Put the bassinet at the end of the slide! Then toss the baby down it. Baby bowling!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah! Put the bassinet at the end of the slide! Then toss the baby down it. Baby bowling!

Just when I thought it was safe to drink my iced coffee while reading! :*
    And thanks - I am going to keep wondering if that will be possible now... o:)
    (though I doubt it)
  • Options
    All in good fun! :p
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

That was my exact question when I saw the new trailer. It doesn't make any type of sense.

ETA: Maybe that's why we received a gif instead of video

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Me got theories.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    So the unnatural kids haircolours have been confirmed: "kids will also enjoy some fashionable hair colors to show off their creative side as well."

Source: http://simsvip.com/2016/07/12/ea-announces-sims-4-backyard-stuff-trailer/

Like @luthienrising says, I am sure we'll see them in this patch as they're mentioned alongside this SP. All the other stuff (like the babysitter) might come later in August/September.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Has it been confirmed that there will be a nanny/babysitter? Or are people just assuming because there was some random old woman in the gif holding some random baby object, randomly? :D