Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about WA

After reading some recent posts on exploring tombs in WA, I decided to attempt to solve every tomb in every world since I've never tried that before. I've mostly only dabbled in solving the tombs.

I know they will move this post to the WA forum but I decided to start it here where more people are likely to see it. I've run into something and need some input.

I started my sim in China and he's been exploring there. He got a mission to deliver some metals then speak to someone about a journal, then he was told he needed to go to Champs les Sims to get a keystone. After speaking to a couple of locals there, he needs to deliver an opal but the only one showing is under a tomb protected by boulders and he doesn't yet have Pangu's Ax.

Did I get this mission out of order, do you think? Should I cancel it and send him back to China to work on getting the ax? And if I cancel, do you think the mission will show up again later?
The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited July 2016
    There should be other opals around town, but you may have to wait until the next day for them to spawn, or you may find one in a tomb. Those won't show up on the map. In the meantime, send your sim to the adventure board to get a French adventure. Even if you don't get the opal while you're there this time, you can always go back again. There's no time limit for delivering it to China.

Something I've found helpful for some of those hard to find collectibles, is to get my sim the collection helper LTR as soon as she has enough points for it, then start looking for them before she needs them. This is especially helpful for the nectary tombs, where your sim has to find 5 cerambyx beetles and take them to Egypt. I don't know if it's a glitch, or works the same for everyone, but if my sim doesn't get all five beetles and leave for Egypt on the same day she accepted the opportunity for that step in the chain, it will drop when she gets to Egypt, and she won't be able to deliver them. There aren't always enough on the day she needs them, so getting them ahead of time has put an end to a lot of frustration I've had in the past with that chain.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Can I keep the China adventure and get a French adventure at the same time? Never tried that before!

If it's true, it's amazing how much gameplay they packed into this game...when you still learn new things after 7 years. :)

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Can I keep the China adventure and get a French adventure at the same time? Never tried that before!

If it's true, it's amazing how much gameplay they packed into this game...when you still learn new things after 7 years. :)

I think there is a different tab for each world. .
    Thanks everyone. @IreneSwift I did as you suggested and got an adventure in France and he found an opal in the process. So now I'm off to go see where that China adventure goes... :)

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @HappySimmer3 I'm glad it worked out so quickly for you.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Thanks! I have two WA guides bookmarked. :)

I don't think I could do these missions without those!

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Yeah every time I attempt tomb raiding I have to Google guides. Just remember Google is your friend but you can of course always ask here too. If no one has mentioned it, sometimes the general store vendor in the market can sell what you need if it's a gem or metal.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Yes the guides are very helpful, but in this case I found nothing about this. Most of the guides seem to focus on the big missions and not the little missions that are required before you get to those. I seem to use Google all the time. :D