Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go to school?

ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
Does any one here use this mod? I have CC but don't have any mods and was wondering about this one.
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Comments

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have! and i love it... sometimes i follow my child or teen to school and sometimes i dont... contrary to get to work, your child/teen grade progress even if you dont follow them. If you choose to follow you can do activities just like in get to work but school oriented
    Post edited by pandie00 on
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    It sounds fun. I'm confused if I need to find schools before installing the mod though. I'm a bit daft when it comes to mods which is why i use cc but not mods.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2016
    You find the schools after you've downloaded it, when I had it I downloaded the mod and then downloaded a school from the gallery.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    edited July 2016
    Do like this (or like me :P ).. in my mods folder I have one folder called "Zerbu Mods" (the creator of go to school) in this folder I have the go to school mod and the other packge that is the Venue List (this is required to work). With the venue list you're able to search for schools in the gallery and let you to change the lot type to "primary school" or "high school". Make a folder put all school mod packages and the venue list package. If you dont like it or something just delete the folder.
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3

pandie00 wrote: »
    Do like me.. in my mods folder I have one folder called "Zerbu Mods" (the creator of go to school) in this folder I have the go to school mod and the other packge that is the Venue List (this is required to work). With the venue list you're able to search for schools in the gallery and let you to change the lot type to "primary school" or "high school". Make a folder putt all school mod packages and the venue list package. If you dont like it or something just delete the folder.

Oh that's a really great idea!
    KaraStars wrote: »
    You find the schools after you've downloaded it, when I had it I downloaded the mod and then downloaded a school from the gallery.

Oh, ok. I'm going to give it a go, it looks fun.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Ok, seriously I am loving this!!

This is like having another expansion. Modders for the Sims never cease to amaze me.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    yeah zerbu is very talented! and turbo careers? is pretty cool as well! it makes your careers active! all of them! Im always building offices and other places to my sims work

12-01-2017 <3

omg I didn't know about that one! time to go look it up lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Zerbu posted to his tumblr on June 10 that "go to school" is not working and has been delayed indefinitely...

http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/145714455017/announcement

... so I'm a little surprised to see all the positive feedback in this thread. It's working?
    edited July 2016
    Zerbu posted to his tumblr on June 10 that "go to school" is not working and has been delayed indefinitely...

http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/145714455017/announcement

... so I'm a little surprised to see all the positive feedback in this thread. It's working?

The new version... I follow him over twitter. He was creating a new version of go to school but was delayed. The first version is still up. My game works fine :)

They new version he was creating was this one:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/05/23/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-new-version-announcement/

I have hope that someday he will return to modding! :)
    Post edited by pandie00 on

12-01-2017 <3

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    He put up a new mod the other day, a small mod and did say he would probably do some small mods for awhile when he came back. I'd love to see the new version of go to school, but the current one is pretty good.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Might as well post here too...so the original Go To School mod is still working? I have it in my game but my kids never get the option to go to school. I have the Allow Script Mods option toggled on, and I have a school marked as an Elementary School on the map. But strangely I can't change the venue of my high school to "High School".
    aSE16f8.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Might as well post here too...so the original Go To School mod is still working? I have it in my game but my kids never get the option to go to school. I have the Allow Script Mods option toggled on, and I have a school marked as an Elementary School on the map. But strangely I can't change the venue of my high school to "High School".

Hello
    There was an update to the venue list mod after it became broken with the patches in June. Perhaps you may need to get the updated version if you don't already have the latest version
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/venue-mod
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It is still working. Do you have the venue list mod installed as well. Did you change the lot type of the schools to something else and then back to elementary/high school. Sometimes it takes a bit for the game to realise that there is a school lot placed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It is still working. Do you have the venue list mod installed as well. Did you change the lot type of the schools to something else and then back to elementary/high school. Sometimes it takes a bit for the game to realise that there is a school lot placed.

I'm going to second this. In addition to the venue list. Sometimes you have to change the venue type to another lot type then back to the school lot. I've had better success with changing it to a generic lot, going to manage worlds, then going back in and changing it to the school lot type.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    Hi guys can anyone help me with my bug. I have a mod "go to school" and " get to work" expansion. School works very well in all houses except my favorite. When I'm clicking button " Join" it ports my teen to my restaurant or shop instead. It works fine in the other houses. I'm having a trouble only with one household. I reinstalled my game already and I tried to change lot type and then change it back and it still does it :(. Help.
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
    Hello @Alira after dine out Zerbu updated the venue list. :) your venue list is up to date?

12-01-2017 <3

I just yesterday reinstalled my Zerbu mods. Says "modified ‎Tuesday, ‎June ‎07, ‎2016, ‏‎1:40:45 PM"
    I'll try to reinstall it from the link above.
    nope same thing still not working for me :(
    i found this bug i modified my child in the Cas and changed his age and only this child glitches it's so weird i don't know how to fix sim unless i will just rid of it :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Alira wrote: »
    nope same thing still not working for me :(

Hello @Alira
    Try having your sims move to another home. (Sell the furnishings ) Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps the issue.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Does any one here use this mod? I have CC but don't have any mods and was wondering about this one.

Watch lifesimmer on youtube, she did a video on it
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    seems like there will be a new version of this mod after city life is out
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I never was able to play with the original go to school mod, but I'm really looking forward to this!
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/17/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-back-in-development/
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard