Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I like this thread.

lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
whats the point in starting one if there are no firemen, and why did i spend 75 of my hard earned simoleons on an alarm??

i got 1000 simoleons tho so thats a plus. my kid will get a bed now maybe
Post edited by lejoninna on

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    You'll need to install that sprinkler panel thing as well. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    The fire alarm helps get you money from insurance and triggers the sprinklers if you have them.

Well, I've read that the second happens. I've never witnessed it.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    You'll need to install that sprinkler panel thing as well. :)

for 750 flipping simoleons????? what about my kid,,

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If you put sprinklers in one room, will they only work in that room or will they take effect in the whole house?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    lol my sim was making EGGS - a thing u do with a stove AND NOW!! the game wont allow him to make anything with a stove, only fruitsalads
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    If the stove burned in the fire, it has to be replaced.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If you put sprinklers in one room, will they only work in that room or will they take effect in the whole house?

It will cover whole house.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    You need a fire alarm in any room with a fire hazard. As long as you have that the sprinklers will trigger. I usually hide them behind curtains etc. in the lounge.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Doesn't the sprinkler need to be placed on the outside of the house for it to work on the whole house otherwise it only works on the room it's in?
    ~ ~ ~
  • azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I watched a fire in a Johnny Zest's trailer, I uploaded it as is - burnt objects and all.. The family I moved in after him had an unexplained fire, she was done cooking and it went up in flames.. fortunately the male of the family was able to extinguish it and it didn't burn the trailer again, but I have used the sprinkler system and it does work.. but it doesn't always kick in right away, my Sims have lost the $14000 stove before it kicked on and then other times it has saved the rest of the room.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Doesn't the sprinkler need to be placed on the outside of the house for it to work on the whole house otherwise it only works on the room it's in?

Yes, you place it on the outside of the house. And whichever rooms have fire alarms, those rooms will have sprinklers when there's a fire.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I only use the sprinkler system and it works in all rooms and even at grill if fire starts. You don't have to have alarm in every room, so no hiding behind curtains or anything. But if a fire burns the stove and counter there is no using until it gets replaced, or if floor is burnt they will complain about the mess until you clean it up, sometimes you have to move the fireplace and clean under it. The alarm only is only good for insurance, the sprinkler is good for whole house and insurance so the §750 is the better buy for the future. My sims really never have fires happen at all when I use the sprinkler system. I'm waiting for the llama to come and set the sprinklers off so water becomes the problem.
    3KNPen wrote: »

Yes, you place it on the outside of the house. And whichever rooms have fire alarms, those rooms will have sprinklers when there's a fire.

I never use the fire alarms only...I had my first fire in months of RT play and the sprinklers worked without the alarm.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »

There's no sprinklers you can buy. Only a sprinkler system which you put outside or anywhere in the house, really. But the sprinklers only automatically pop up with rooms with the ringing fire alarm. Imagine it like the fire alarm comes with a free sprinkler system. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    my sim were ready for the hot firemen tho :/ but maybe the sprinklers can cool her down
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I wanna see firefighters and also i wanna see ACTIVE cops
    xo0yscju
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

this is the sprinkler system. Just put on outside of house and you have the system installed and ready to go, nothing else need to be done.
    0fozpLc.png
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
    @StilleWater what's up with that really high window