Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    I have played all the Sims versions. 1 was the WORST for me... and for a couple years I swore I would NEVER play the Sims again. After about a year of Sims2 I tried it. And the changes they made, and things they added totally hooked me. I was excited for 3 to come, and with all the expansions.. I have been in Sim3 heaven ever since! LOL I have not bought Sims4. I played the trial (I know... lame right?) But my son and I watched a famous Youtuber (DanTDM) play it for several episodes. The appeal still wasn't there for me. Maybe with new additions, like they have the toddlers now, will get me to buy it eventually. But in 3 I LOVE the custom color wheel. But 4 was better than 1.

On a side note (not sure if this is where to put it), how many saved games does each person play? I have a favorite in Appalousa, Aurora, ok.. I have like 6 saved games in which I play. lol Does that make me addicted?? hahaha
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Kitiara wrote: »
    I have played all the Sims versions. 1 was the WORST for me... and for a couple years I swore I would NEVER play the Sims again. After about a year of Sims2 I tried it. And the changes they made, and things they added totally hooked me. I was excited for 3 to come, and with all the expansions.. I have been in Sim3 heaven ever since! LOL I have not bought Sims4. I played the trial (I know... lame right?) But my son and I watched a famous Youtuber (DanTDM) play it for several episodes. The appeal still wasn't there for me. Maybe with new additions, like they have the toddlers now, will get me to buy it eventually. But in 3 I LOVE the custom color wheel. But 4 was better than 1.

On a side note (not sure if this is where to put it), how many saved games does each person play? I have a favorite in Appalousa, Aurora, ok.. I have like 6 saved games in which I play. lol Does that make me addicted?? hahaha

Lol I only play 1. I might be the only one
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Kitiara wrote: »

I have 3 saved games at the moment. Soon to be 4. I love the sims 1. Difficult game but it's got charm and personality, something I feel lacking in 4.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I loved Sims 1, still have it and all the others installed. It was the first, there was nothing like it prior to it's release and none of the others have matched the quirkiness and humor of it though Sims 2 came close.

I have 3 saved games, one is my town template, one is the template with all my families and one is a game with my main Sim, whom I've had going on 3 years now.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've been playing 1 savegame ever since 2010 because I play a legacy, an anarchical one (no rules, I just go with the flow of my own imagination). I have played a different storyline with a vagabond in Bridgeport, so then I had 2 savegames. He's part of my main story now though, back to 1 :p
    5JZ57S6.png
    Sorry, this will be long. :)
    I´ve only played Sims 3 until now and had no ambition to play 4. My main reason was: no toddlers. Now there are toddlers. So I kind of caved and bought the main game and one bundle (outdoor living, kitchenstuff and halloween...something).

So, this simmer puts the dvd in. Updates, of course. Estimated time: 16 hours. What?? It was about one and a half. OK.
    Starts game. Game refuses to start offline. Grudgingly starts game online. Searchs "play Sims 4 offline". Enables offline playing in game. Disconnects pc from internet. HA! *is proud*
    Tries to create a female sim. Gets confused. Search "Sims 4 create a sim". Ah. You have to click on the face to get the pop up menu. Who would have thought?
    Tries to pull on sims body parts to change them. Sim fidgeds around. Yells at sim to stay put. Just randomizes features.
    Tries to clothe sim. Pretty big variety of clothing. Wants certain shirt. Colour doesn´t suit sim. Can´t change colour. *pouts*
    Tries to add sims aspirations. Gets confused again. Searches for "Sims 4 aspirations". Gives sim aspirations. Changes voice. Changes walking style. Thinks, walking styles are funny.
    Gets fed up. Calls sim finished.
    Creates male sim. All male sims look weird. Pulls on body to make less weird. Wants certain hair colour. Can´t change hair colour. *pouts*
    Gives aspirations. Changes voice. Changes walking style.
    Calls second sim finished.
    Searches "Sims 4 set relationship" Sets relationship.

Starts playing.
    Is already aware of limited amount of lots. Chooses lot.
    Wants to build house from scratch. Clicks around. Searches "Sims 4 tilt camera". Builts simple house. Paints house. Nice selection of colours.
    Furnishes house. Cheap furniture is ugly. Wants red kitchen. Red kitchen counters clash with red refridgerator. Can´t change colour. *pouts*
    Calls house finished.

Starts playing for real.
    Male and female sim socialize. Nice. Neighbours come and bring fruitcake. Also nice. Male sim is gloomy and hides in bed to "cry it out". OK.
    Female sim is a loner and wanders off. OK. Neighbours do push-ups on the sidewalk. Whatever floats your boat.
    This simmer just watches for a while. Sims actually take good care of their needs. They talk a lot. Puts sims to bed.

Next day explores interactions and things to do in the house and around. Female sim is artistic and paints. Male sim loves the outdoors and has to run around the neighbourhood. The space you can actually walk to is bigger than anticipated. Male sim collects things and digs things up. Goes fishing. Everyone is happy. Yay.

Next day a visit to the park. Enjoys loading screen. Not.
    Not much to do at the park. *is already bored*.

Tries different things. Female sim paints a lot to earn money. Male sim plants things. Neighbours come and chat. Sims roll wishes (or whims? Whatever). Gives sims what they want if possible. House is sparesely furnished, but sims change their emotions every second when walking from bathroom to kitchen. Why has the sink an emotional aura and why should I enable it??
    One of the things the male sim planted is a cow plant. Cool. Male sim gets eaten. Cow plant spits him out again. Sim is unhappy. Male sim watches picture the female sim painted and is happy again. Makes one step and is unhappy again. *thinks, this is dumb*
    Starts romance between sims to have something happening. Makes baby. Leaves female sim at home painting and visits the park again with male sim to collect some more things. Can´t control female sim while at the park. *pouts*
    Wants to visit other spots, but sim is too tired. Returns home. Female sim has finished painting, but has obviosly done nothing else all day.
    Male sim sets stove on fire while making grilled cheese. Pregnant female sim actually leaves the house while male sim extinguishes the fire. *is impressed*
    Female sim has baby. Baby is creepy and tied to crib.
    *stops playing*

I actually stopped playing, because it was getting late. As first impressions go, the game is... OK, I guess. The handling of CAS and things like the building, camera control and actual saving is a lot LESS intuitive than Sims 3, but perhaps that´s just me. I definitely didn´t have to look up basic things like that when I started playing Sims 3.
    The game runs smooth, without hiccups (until now, it´s a new save after all), the scenerie is bright and colourful and actually pretty detailed, if you don´t look at the edges. Which I did, of course.

The sims themselves look cartoony, which doesn´t bother me, their movements definitlely smoother than the Sim 3 sims, but the fact that they run through each other spookes me. Their facial expressions are... there I guess. They smile too much. And I´m defenitly having problems with the camera.

The camera is sluggish and unresponsive in every mode I tried (and WHY do I have to look up such a basic thing?), as a result my sims often stay with their back to the screen and I let them, because my mouse hand hurts. And I´m used to a gaming position that doesn´t allow easy access to the keyboard.

The multitasking is bogus - yes, they watch tv while eating and chatting with other sims, but that means it takes hours for them to finish a task. When I tell my sim he should read a skill book, he should NOT chat with his girlfriend while doing so. She also has to read!
    Apart from that, sims in Sims 3 have also multitasking.

The emotion system is neat, as long as you lock your sim in a room with nothing to distract him. If not, his or her emotions change every second or so. And it´s far too easy to manipulate.

The needs drop or drop not totally unpredictable for me. One moment the sim is fine, next moment he´s starving. Is this tied to their emotions? It´s tiresome.

I thought, the not-open-world would´t bother me so much, because I tend to stay on my own lot, but well, it does. A lot.

The first Sims 3 sim I created was near to my heart from the very beginning. When the cow plant ate my first male Sims 4 sim I was like - meh, OK. Whatever.

That is not how I play my game! I care about my sims! I´m happy when they accomplish their lifetime wish and I´m sad when they die, I want to keep playing them to watch what wacky things they do, but I´m bored already with my Sims 4 sims and only want to resume playing, so I can test the toddlers.

So, as first impressions go Sims 3 > Sims 4.

I will play some more to verify my oppinion.

Cookies to everyone who read all this! :)

Thanks for the cookie. :)

Sorry, this will be long. :)
    I´ve only played Sims 3 until now and had no ambition to play 4. My main reason was: no toddlers. Now there are toddlers. So I kind of caved and bought the main game and one bundle (outdoor living, kitchenstuff and halloween...something).

So, this simmer puts the dvd in. Updates, of course. Estimated time: 16 hours. What?? It was about one and a half. OK.
    Starts game. Game refuses to start offline. Grudgingly starts game online. Searchs "play Sims 4 offline". Enables offline playing in game. Disconnects pc from internet. HA! *is proud*
    Tries to create a female sim. Gets confused. Search "Sims 4 create a sim". Ah. You have to click on the face to get the pop up menu. Who would have thought?
    Tries to pull on sims body parts to change them. Sim fidgeds around. Yells at sim to stay put. Just randomizes features.
    Tries to clothe sim. Pretty big variety of clothing. Wants certain shirt. Colour doesn´t suit sim. Can´t change colour. *pouts*
    Tries to add sims aspirations. Gets confused again. Searches for "Sims 4 aspirations". Gives sim aspirations. Changes voice. Changes walking style. Thinks, walking styles are funny.
    Gets fed up. Calls sim finished.
    Creates male sim. All male sims look weird. Pulls on body to make less weird. Wants certain hair colour. Can´t change hair colour. *pouts*
    Gives aspirations. Changes voice. Changes walking style.
    Calls second sim finished.
    Searches "Sims 4 set relationship" Sets relationship.

Starts playing.
    Is already aware of limited amount of lots. Chooses lot.
    Wants to build house from scratch. Clicks around. Searches "Sims 4 tilt camera". Builts simple house. Paints house. Nice selection of colours.
    Furnishes house. Cheap furniture is ugly. Wants red kitchen. Red kitchen counters clash with red refridgerator. Can´t change colour. *pouts*
    Calls house finished.

Starts playing for real.
    Male and female sim socialize. Nice. Neighbours come and bring fruitcake. Also nice. Male sim is gloomy and hides in bed to "cry it out". OK.
    Female sim is a loner and wanders off. OK. Neighbours do push-ups on the sidewalk. Whatever floats your boat.
    This simmer just watches for a while. Sims actually take good care of their needs. They talk a lot. Puts sims to bed.

Next day explores interactions and things to do in the house and around. Female sim is artistic and paints. Male sim loves the outdoors and has to run around the neighbourhood. The space you can actually walk to is bigger than anticipated. Male sim collects things and digs things up. Goes fishing. Everyone is happy. Yay.

Next day a visit to the park. Enjoys loading screen. Not.
    Not much to do at the park. *is already bored*.

Tries different things. Female sim paints a lot to earn money. Male sim plants things. Neighbours come and chat. Sims roll wishes (or whims? Whatever). Gives sims what they want if possible. House is sparesely furnished, but sims change their emotions every second when walking from bathroom to kitchen. Why has the sink an emotional aura and why should I enable it??
    One of the things the male sim planted is a cow plant. Cool. Male sim gets eaten. Cow plant spits him out again. Sim is unhappy. Male sim watches picture the female sim painted and is happy again. Makes one step and is unhappy again. *thinks, this is dumb*
    Starts romance between sims to have something happening. Makes baby. Leaves female sim at home painting and visits the park again with male sim to collect some more things. Can´t control female sim while at the park. *pouts*
    Wants to visit other spots, but sim is too tired. Returns home. Female sim has finished painting, but has obviosly done nothing else all day.
    Male sim sets stove on fire while making grilled cheese. Pregnant female sim actually leaves the house while male sim extinguishes the fire. *is impressed*
    Female sim has baby. Baby is creepy and tied to crib.
    *stops playing*

I actually stopped playing, because it was getting late. As first impressions go, the game is... OK, I guess. The handling of CAS and things like the building, camera control and actual saving is a lot LESS intuitive than Sims 3, but perhaps that´s just me. I definitely didn´t have to look up basic things like that when I started playing Sims 3.
    The game runs smooth, without hiccups (until now, it´s a new save after all), the scenerie is bright and colourful and actually pretty detailed, if you don´t look at the edges. Which I did, of course.

The sims themselves look cartoony, which doesn´t bother me, their movements definitlely smoother than the Sim 3 sims, but the fact that they run through each other spookes me. Their facial expressions are... there I guess. They smile too much. And I´m defenitly having problems with the camera.

The camera is sluggish and unresponsive in every mode I tried (and WHY do I have to look up such a basic thing?), as a result my sims often stay with their back to the screen and I let them, because my mouse hand hurts. And I´m used to a gaming position that doesn´t allow easy access to the keyboard.

The multitasking is bogus - yes, they watch tv while eating and chatting with other sims, but that means it takes hours for them to finish a task. When I tell my sim he should read a skill book, he should NOT chat with his girlfriend while doing so. She also has to read!
    Apart from that, sims in Sims 3 have also multitasking.

The emotion system is neat, as long as you lock your sim in a room with nothing to distract him. If not, his or her emotions change every second or so. And it´s far too easy to manipulate.

The needs drop or drop not totally unpredictable for me. One moment the sim is fine, next moment he´s starving. Is this tied to their emotions? It´s tiresome.

I thought, the not-open-world would´t bother me so much, because I tend to stay on my own lot, but well, it does. A lot.

The first Sims 3 sim I created was near to my heart from the very beginning. When the cow plant ate my first male Sims 4 sim I was like - meh, OK. Whatever.

That is not how I play my game! I care about my sims! I´m happy when they accomplish their lifetime wish and I´m sad when they die, I want to keep playing them to watch what wacky things they do, but I´m bored already with my Sims 4 sims and only want to resume playing, so I can test the toddlers.

So, as first impressions go Sims 3 > Sims 4.

I will play some more to verify my oppinion.

Cookies to everyone who read all this! :)

I think that's a very good review/overview of your first time playing. I agree with so many of your points.
    @Waterdragon I can very much relate to your experience. In fact I appreciate all the details, because that's exactly the way it goes. It's all not terrible, some things are quite nice even, but it very much feels like pushing them around, 'ok'-moments and 'why...'-moments (like the push-ups and the constantly changing moods that mean nothing and often feel very childish to me, like the grown up man crying under his blankets). It does get better with expansions (and it's certainly better with the toddlers), but I refuse to buy all kind of extra stuff for a game I'm not over the moon about.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 Will you be buying the Vampire GP?
    @JoAnne65 Will you be buying the Vampire GP?
    I'm in doubt to be honest ;) I'll wait for some feedback of players who are in the same boat as me. If they're as fleshed out as the toddlers I just might, I do like playing supernaturals in the game. You?
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2017
    @JoAnne65 I'm waiting for more reviews. (Specifically the not sponsored by EA reviews ;) ) If other sims though don't react to vampires and just treat them like any other sim I will find that really annoying. I'm definitely not buying it today and I'm going on honeymoon next week so would be mid Feb before I buy it.

The other thing is, it's my birthday early Feb, my husbad is going to get me either a couple of sim 3 worlds like Roaring Heights, hidden springs and Monte Vista or I could get the vampire pack. I'm kind of torn as to which to get. I'm thinking even if I like the vampires to get the sims 3 stuff first because I've wanted that for longer, will probably play it more and if I do want the vampires the pack will probably be in sale in a few weeks anyhow in one of origins many sales!
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Toddlers ARE cute, though. Weirdly enough, they seem more fledged out than the adult sims. Will still play Sims 3 this evening. :p

@MidnightAura - LGR did a review yesterday. EA sends him copies, but he trashes them anyway. :wink: Though the review is overall positive.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited January 2017
    @JoAnne65 I'm waiting for more reviews. (Specifically the not sponsored by EA reviews ;) ) If other sims though don't react to vampires and just treat them like any other sim I will find that really annoying. I'm definitely not buying it today and I'm going on honeymoon next week so would be mid Feb before I buy it.

The other thing is, it's my birthday early Feb, my husbad is going to get me either a couple of sim 3 worlds like Roaring Heights, hidden springs and Monte Vista or I could get the vampire pack. I'm kind of torn as to which to get. I'm thinking even if I like the vampires to get the sims 3 stuff first because I've wanted that for longer, will probably play it more and if I do want the vampires the pack will probably be in sale in a few weeks anyhow in one of origins many sales!
    Honeymoon? Congratulations are in order then!
    (choices choices...., as for the worlds, me personally between those three I would go for Monte Vista)

Hops off to LGR.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Toddlers ARE cute, though. Weirdly enough, they seem more fledged out than the adult sims. Will still play Sims 3 this evening. :p

@MidnightAura - LGR did a review yesterday. EA sends him copies, but he trashes them anyway. :wink: Though the review is overall positive.

I actually thought LGR's review was good yesterday, considering he freely admits he is not a fan of super naturals. And I'm with him there. I think he summed it up nicely. I mean it didn't put me off. I think I would probably be the same as him and play the vampires once but I know I would like another world, the build/buy mode items and the new CAS items.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Honeymoon? Congratulations are in order then!
    (choices choices...., as for the worlds, me personally between those three I would go for Monte Vista)

Hops off to LGR.

Thank you! I think I definitely want Monte Vista. On origin you can get a world pack which contains Monte Vista and Hidden Springs together so it would just be deciding if I wanted Roaring Heights or vampires. But luckily I don't have to make a decision on that yet so wont decide till I come back from honeymoon as we are still on honeymoon for my birthday.
    @Waterdragon That was a great review of what you experienced. I agree with a lot of it (that I experienced during my trial). I am starting to think they may have it more enjoyable about the time Sims 5 is released haha. In 3 I bought all the worlds I could find. (I love trying new places) I have a lot of expansions. Supernatural and pets are my favourites. I just bought ambitions 2 days ago.

Oh.. and thanks for the cookie!! It goes great with my coffee!! :p

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    This is exactly why I would like a combination between TS2/3 and TS4 in this respect (I agree with your analysis). I like how sims in 4 indeed will handle their anger - in this case - in other actions because it makes them less on/off. What I prefer in TS2 and 3 however (and in a different way this feels more detailed and complex to me), is how the sims aim their anger towards particular sims. In sims 4 a sim who is angry with their spouse, will treat everyone the same way: angry. In Sims 2 and 3 they will be angry with the sim that made them angry, but not with other sims. Which is what happens in real life too. When my daughter is mad at me she in fact will be extra friendly to her father, to make me feel that I'm the problem in her world :p I think they certainly improved emotions in one way, but in other ways they apparently had to sacrifice things that I regret. The emotions as such in 4 feel rather one dimensional to me, because they're always the same for every sim, never personal and they change very fast. I'd love for instance if they'd manage to make a connection between traits and emotions.

(in Sims 2 I found that being angry is even more advanced, when a woman who had been insulted by my sim called her to give her a chance to save the relationship; that felt very 'in depth' to me)

p.s., in addition to @06Bon06 , I was surprised that when my TS4 sim flirted with a guy because I wanted her to have a toddler and apparently went a bit too fast for him, he rejected her and they both felt negative about it (embarrased even). Still I could continue the flirting and stuff after an apology and not much later they were in bed. That would be impossible in 3. When you insult a sim in 3 you can apologize all you want (or even use smooth recovery), but that doesn't mean all interactions will work out the way they do when nothing awkward happened.

Gave you an insightful :mrgreen: You have fair and absolutely valid points, however, I've sadly never gotten a chance to play Sims 2 (on PC) yet, so I wouldn't know about the emotions :heartbreak: I want to play it so badly, but the packs are super expensive and an EA support worker told me they're no longer giving away the Ultimate Collection :confounded:

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I don't use mood altering stuff either but their emotions are crazy. Even when my sim is mad he isn't really mad. I had a sim kiss his one girlfriend infront of the other. A small drop in relationship (should've gone into the negative tbh). Neither tried to slap him or each other and they all had a lovely dinner and neither broke up with him.

In sims 3 even though they do have more neutral emotions between actions I can feel the anger. A guest got into a fight with my sim and they were constantly talking about each other with the other guests. Their facial expressions assured me it was nothing nice lol then they'd pick on each other. Never got a wish to hug him or be friends.

Different game sim cheated on his girlfriend. They ended up patching things up but a day before the wedding she tells him it's over. (nothing like this in 4) she visited her daughter. Once she came to visit the kid and the guy started flirting with her while his new pregnant wife was in bed. Should have seen the look on the girls face lmao then the cat attacked her XD

Unfortunately I don't have any unique save memories from sims 4.

Just thought of 2 where I let the pleasants divorce after Angela died. Took her urn with the mom and omg she hated her new stepfather. Shed only ever haunt him and go to lengths to do that.

Haha, so true! :sob: I do wish they would add the memories aspect to TS4 like they did in TS3. I never realized how much I loved those that and the scrapbook when I played TS4. It's why I still play TS3 to this day. :heart:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    This is exactly why I would like a combination between TS2/3 and TS4 in this respect (I agree with your analysis). I like how sims in 4 indeed will handle their anger - in this case - in other actions because it makes them less on/off. What I prefer in TS2 and 3 however (and in a different way this feels more detailed and complex to me), is how the sims aim their anger towards particular sims. In sims 4 a sim who is angry with their spouse, will treat everyone the same way: angry. In Sims 2 and 3 they will be angry with the sim that made them angry, but not with other sims. Which is what happens in real life too. When my daughter is mad at me she in fact will be extra friendly to her father, to make me feel that I'm the problem in her world :p I think they certainly improved emotions in one way, but in other ways they apparently had to sacrifice things that I regret. The emotions as such in 4 feel rather one dimensional to me, because they're always the same for every sim, never personal and they change very fast. I'd love for instance if they'd manage to make a connection between traits and emotions.

(in Sims 2 I found that being angry is even more advanced, when a woman who had been insulted by my sim called her to give her a chance to save the relationship; that felt very 'in depth' to me)

p.s., in addition to @06Bon06 , I was surprised that when my TS4 sim flirted with a guy because I wanted her to have a toddler and apparently went a bit too fast for him, he rejected her and they both felt negative about it (embarrased even). Still I could continue the flirting and stuff after an apology and not much later they were in bed. That would be impossible in 3. When you insult a sim in 3 you can apologize all you want (or even use smooth recovery), but that doesn't mean all interactions will work out the way they do when nothing awkward happened.

Gave you an insightful :mrgreen: You have fair and absolutely valid points, however, I've sadly never gotten a chance to play Sims 2 (on PC) yet, so I wouldn't know about the emotions :heartbreak: I want to play it so badly, but the packs are super expensive and an EA support worker told me they're no longer giving away the Ultimate Collection :confounded:

Just quoting you because I never saw this lol.
    Nice avi by the way :)

That's what I love about the previous games they feel more real, if some creep comes up to me and flirts in a few seconds Im not going to get flirty after an apology lol. I hate that is sims 4 because I enjoyed the consistency of the previous games. Here I can basically ignore their moods because they don't even care.
    Omg I've never got to play TS1. I'm jelly of y'all. :lol: Currently working on saving for the complete set, after listening to a full soundtrack (like a music geek I am).
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited January 2017

Haha, thanks for the insightful ^.^
    Apparently, when you continue contacting them, at one point you might bump into someone who will grant you the UC. I don't understand why they have to make it so complicated... I was lucky enough to be able to get it when they offered it, a month or so prior to the release of Sims 4 (I had never played Sims 2 so I was really curious because so many people love it), why not grant that anyone who is interested?
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2017
    Omg I've never got to play TS1. I'm jelly of y'all. :lol: Currently working on saving for the complete set, after listening to a full soundtrack (like a music geek I am).

If you can get Sims 1 I would, I still love it. Makin' Magic is one of the best EPs ever, I loved that one. And the gnomes squishing those grapes, then falling asleep in the barrels, the baby dragons flying around breathing fire. The pets, I remember teaching my cats to play the little toy piano,nothing like Sims 1. I can imagine how great it would be with today's graphics.

I would definitely keep trying, I'm part of a Facebook group for Sims and someone there got it within the last fortnight. When I got it I had to ask twice. The first person said they couldn't give it away as the server it needs to run has shut down!

If you can get Sims 1 I would, I still love it. Makin' Magic is one of the best EPs ever, I loved that one. And the gnomes squishing those grapes, then falling asleep in the barrels, the baby dragons flying around breathing fire. The pets, I remember teaching my cats to play the little toy piano,nothing like Sims 1. I can imagine how great it would be with today's graphics.

Totally! Reading this makes me want to get out of bed and go and start up the game!
    I think part of the reason I stopped playing the original sims, my houses kept catching fire and they all died. It was crazy. Worst luck EVER... lol I now want to play Sims2 again, but I cannot find any of my discs :(

TOP 5

WISHLIST

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top