Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• friendlysimmerfriendlysimmer Posts: 45 Member
    So im not necessarily new but i havent posted 30 times so im still not a member , anyway im having the same problem im having on my other pc with the sims 3 except this time im on a custom gaming pc that i built (gtx 1050 2gb , i5 2400 , 8gb ram) I can run sims 4 at max settings with all eps and sps and around 10gb of custom content at 60fps but for some reason i cant seem to get a playable experience out of sims 3 ive about tried everything , enabling vsync via the nvidia control panel , running the game on the lowest possible settings , reinstalling the game , making the game exe 64bit , using nraas mods , deleting the cache files and even resetting my pc so far nothing has worked :neutral:

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    So im not necessarily new but i havent posted 30 times so im still not a member , anyway im having the same problem im having on my other pc with the sims 3 except this time im on a custom gaming pc that i built (gtx 1050 2gb , i5 2400 , 8gb ram) I can run sims 4 at max settings with all eps and sps and around 10gb of custom content at 60fps but for some reason i cant seem to get a playable experience out of sims 3 ive about tried everything , enabling vsync via the nvidia control panel , running the game on the lowest possible settings , reinstalling the game , making the game exe 64bit , using nraas mods , deleting the cache files and even resetting my pc so far nothing has worked :neutral:
    Sorry, but there is no such thing as "making the game exe 64 bit." TS3 is a 32-bit application only, so I have to ask what exactly have you done here? In order to be 64-bit, the game would have to be re-designed by its developer and new executables provided. From all accounts that doesn't seem to be happening.

There have been some programming geniuses (not from EA) over the years who have attempted to slap up a 64-bit scaffolding around the game so that it at least doesn't crash or Error 12 if it reaches for more than ~3.7 GB of RAM. But without access to the game's proprietary source files and only that which can be reached by us mere mortals, unfortunately nothing useful has been produced from these efforts. They likely wouldn't have made the game engine as it now stands run any better anyway, that might have just added some stability to it.

I take it from your description that the game at least launches. What kind of actual frame rates are you getting in-game as you play and move the game camera around with vsync going? Ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console, type fps on (enter) to get the fps to display. To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter). Are things staying locked in at 60 fps or lower, assuming a 60 Hz monitor, or are they wandering all over the place, too high?

Can you describe what you mean by not getting a playable experience? What are the symptoms we are chasing down?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    > @igazor said:
    > friendlysimmer wrote: »
    >
    > So im not necessarily new but i havent posted 30 times so im still not a member , anyway im having the same problem im having on my other pc with the sims 3 except this time im on a custom gaming pc that i built (gtx 1050 2gb , i5 2400 , 8gb ram) I can run sims 4 at max settings with all eps and sps and around 10gb of custom content at 60fps but for some reason i cant seem to get a playable experience out of sims 3 ive about tried everything , enabling vsync via the nvidia control panel , running the game on the lowest possible settings , reinstalling the game , making the game exe 64bit , using nraas mods , deleting the cache files and even resetting my pc so far nothing has worked :neutral:
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry, but there is no such thing as "making the game exe 64 bit." TS3 is a 32-bit application only, so I have to ask what exactly have you done here? In order to be 64-bit, the game would have to be re-designed by its developer and new executables provided. From all accounts that doesn't seem to be happening.
    >
    > There have been some programming geniuses (not from EA) over the years who have attempted to slap up a 64-bit scaffolding around the game so that it at least doesn't crash or Error 12 if it reaches for more than ~3.7 GB of RAM. But without access to the game's proprietary source files and only that which can be reached by us mere mortals, unfortunately nothing useful has been produced from these efforts. They likely wouldn't have made the game engine as it now stands run any better anyway, that might have just added some stability to it.
    >
    > I take it from your description that the game at least launches. What kind of actual frame rates are you getting in-game as you play and move the game camera around with vsync going? Ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console, type fps on (enter) to get the fps to display. To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter). Are things staying locked in at 60 fps or lower, assuming a 60 Hz monitor, or are they wandering all over the place, too high?
    >
    > Can you describe what you mean by not getting a playable experience? What are the symptoms we are chasing down?

I used the 4gb patch is what i meant sorry :/ , Im getting 60 fps but the least it will drop to is 59fps
    The game is stuttering similar to this but not as bad https: //www.youtube. com/watch?v=obOk40Yz2ck

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

edited August 2018
    @friendlysimmer - The game has been Large Address Aware (LAA) all by itself ever since Patch 1.17. Don't know that it does any harm, but there is no need for a 4 GB patch, the game will reach for more RAM as it needs to, if the RAM is available, up through just short of 4 GB. I don't think it's fair to use that video as a comparison (as you said, yours is not as bad), a lot of things have changed since eight years ago and I'm not entirely sure that player knew what they were doing back then or had as many tools to work with as we do now.

Would it be possible to see a recording, a proper one, of what you are experiencing? And does it matter which world(s) you play? What about a fresh test game on a newly spawned TS3 user game folder (pull the existing one out of Documents and let a new one spawn, your content and saves won't be there but they will be safe back in the pulled out folder).

We have a host of performance tips available here, perhaps some of them might be useful to you.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips For Better Game Performance

Some highlights, all included on the page somewhere
    -- Don't play in design-flawed worlds (Isla Paradiso most famously, to an extent Bridgeport) without fixing them up first
    -- On Game Options, don't have High Detail Lots set higher than 2, Reflections no higher than medium (these two create more overhead than benefit)
    -- Play offline, not logged in at the Launcher or in-game levels and forgo the online "features" of the game, such as they are
    -- Switch off the in-game TS3 store shopping experience
    -- Switch off the hidden object startup game, it starts the game off using more RAM than already necessary
    -- Use NRaas mods, but in particular the ones designed to improve performance: Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traffic, Register, to an extent GoHere, MasterController (to perform a Reset Everything from City Hall every few sim weeks), Traveler (only relevant if world travel is in play)
    -- Keep scrapbook memories switched off or use a mod to control them, on their own they will bloat up the game saves like crazy
    -- Use SaveCleaner or an equivalent method to clean up ongoing game save nhd files
    -- Don't let worlds get too heavily populated with residents

And make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, we haven't seen a dxdiag on this system yet.

Hope some of this helps.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 8/14/2018, 12:10:21
    Machine name: DESKTOP-Q0STNBB
    Machine Id: {73F703A8-BDCA-4310-8930-1362648E2CC1}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: OptiPlex 790
    BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8150MB RAM
    Page File: 4187MB used, 4690MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C81&SUBSYS_37651458&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 6051 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1977 MB
    Shared Memory: 4074 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red(0.650891,0.333508), Green(0.332531,0.623547), Blue(0.157727,0.053234), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: DELL P2412H
    Monitor Id: DELA07D
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll
    Driver File Version: 24.21.0013.9836 (English)
    Driver Version: 24.21.13.9836
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.4
    Graphics Preemption: Pixel
    Compute Preemption: Dispatch
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Virtualization: Paravirtualization
    Block List: No Blocks
    Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:False
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/23/2018 8:00:00 PM, 950736 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5FC1-11CF-8451-68171BC2D535}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x1C81
    SubSys ID: 0x37651458
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem8.inf:0f066de3900d3b82:Section102:24.21.13.9836:pci\ven_10de&dev_1c81
    Rank Of Driver: 00D12001
    ------------------------
    Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    ------------------------
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 11.2 GB
    Total Space: 61.1 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: CHN25SATAS1 064 ATA Device

Drive: D:
    Free Space: 76.2 GB
    Total Space: 76.3 GB
    Model: TOSHIBA MK8037GSX ATA Device

Drive: F:
    Free Space: 129.8 GB
    Total Space: 476.9 GB
    Model: ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device

It wouldnt let me post it so i just copied the important parts , as for the video im working on it

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

edited August 2018
    @friendlysimmer - On which drive is Windows running from (assuming C but just making sure), which one houses your user Documents folder, and on which drive is the game installed?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > @friendlysimmer - On which drive is Windows running from (assuming C but just making sure), which one houses your user Documents folder, and on which drive is the game installed?

Both on the F drive the C drive is the ssd but its only a 64gb one so i have all my games installed on my hdd (F drive)

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

Not sure what you meant by "both," so will take that to mean Documents is redirected and the games are installed on F. Can't say if this is really part of the issue, but if Windows is on C I would be very reluctant to run Windows on a drive that only has 11 GB free. I realize the drive is small, but that's not usually considered enough room to maneuver. Can the use of virtual memory (swap files) be switched over to D or F if that's not already been done?

Other than that, I think we're back to the short and long lists of game performance tips already provided. TS3 should really be able to run better than you have described on that system.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > Not sure what you meant by "both," so will take that to mean Documents is redirected and the games are installed on F. Can't say if this is really part of the issue, but if Windows is on C I would be very reluctant to run Windows on a drive that only has 11 GB free. I realize the drive is small, but that's not usually considered enough room to maneuver. Can the use of virtual memory (swap files) be switched over to D or F if that's not already been done?
    >
    > Other than that, I think we're back to the short and long lists of game performance tips already provided. TS3 should really be able to run better than you have described on that system.

Windows is installed on the c drive because its an ssd , windows on a mechanical drive is alot slower than an ssd thats why i have it installed on the ssd i also have the entire rest of the drive used as virtual memory i have tried to use the other drives for virtual memory but that seemed to make no difference and even decreased the performance in some of my games , i have sims 3 installed on the f drive thats where my documents are stored aswell. At this point im tempted to just give up ive tried everything whats weird is it performed better on my old laptop from 2011 and that was with around 5 eps :(

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

• alphysssalphysss Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! So, I have a huge problem. I don't know what caused it so, this is basically my sims' life story haha.
    I made a sim before sending her to the future, and then back again to go to university. she was a young adult fairy. after she got there, i changed her hair colour and appearance in cas, because i didn't quite feel happy with it. when that was done i bought her Queen of the Fae, the lifetime happiness reward. Then, after a while, I decided I didn't like her being a fairy, and went into cas to change her into a human. now she has random irremovable black wings! i guess they could be worse, but they're awful. and what's worse, the Queen of the Fae thing doesn't change anything! can anyone please help me? thanks
    > @alphysss said:
    > Hi! So, I have a huge problem. I don't know what caused it so, this is basically my sims' life story haha.
    > I made a sim before sending her to the future, and then back again to go to university. she was a young adult fairy. after she got there, i changed her hair colour and appearance in cas, because i didn't quite feel happy with it. when that was done i bought her Queen of the Fae, the lifetime happiness reward. Then, after a while, I decided I didn't like her being a fairy, and went into cas to change her into a human. now she has random irremovable black wings! i guess they could be worse, but they're awful. and what's worse, the Queen of the Fae thing doesn't change anything! can anyone please help me? thanks

i just realised they could be because she's a human with queen of the fae, so i'm gonna try and remove that somehow...
    > @alphysss said:
    > > @alphysss said:
    > > Hi! So, I have a huge problem. I don't know what caused it so, this is basically my sims' life story haha.
    > > I made a sim before sending her to the future, and then back again to go to university. she was a young adult fairy. after she got there, i changed her hair colour and appearance in cas, because i didn't quite feel happy with it. when that was done i bought her Queen of the Fae, the lifetime happiness reward. Then, after a while, I decided I didn't like her being a fairy, and went into cas to change her into a human. now she has random irremovable black wings! i guess they could be worse, but they're awful. and what's worse, the Queen of the Fae thing doesn't change anything! can anyone please help me? thanks
    >
    > i just realised they could be because she's a human with queen of the fae, so i'm gonna try and remove that somehow...

aaargh! i can't without mods... any help anyone?
    edited August 2018
    @alphysss - The underlying problem here is that we cannot change an existing sim's occult state in CAS without damaging/corrupting the sim. We can create sims this way, human vs. occult, but not change their states once they've already been played. Once a sim exists, CAS is only concerned with their appearance, not their underlying data. Adding or removing occult states properly requires a mod, namely NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required). This is the same mod that can be used to remove LTRs, if it's the Queen of the Fae one that was becoming bothersome.

There are also in-game ways to "cure" a sim of an occult state that are safe but much less convenient to use.

Anyway, from where you are now my suggestion would be to revert to a prior save from before you attempted to remove this sim's occult state and replay from there. Hopefully you have such an older save available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2018
    Windows is installed on the c drive because its an ssd , windows on a mechanical drive is alot slower than an ssd thats why i have it installed on the ssd i also have the entire rest of the drive used as virtual memory i have tried to use the other drives for virtual memory but that seemed to make no difference and even decreased the performance in some of my games , i have sims 3 installed on the f drive thats where my documents are stored aswell. At this point im tempted to just give up ive tried everything whats weird is it performed better on my old laptop from 2011 and that was with around 5 eps :(
    I think we've exhausted our checks of hardware related issues here. For whatever reason you are dismissing my concern over running Windows on a drive with only 11 GB of free space as not important whereas I think it's a pretty critical issue for overall computer performance (not just for TS3, which is running on a different drive anyway). And let's confirm again, your user Documents folder is redirected to F at the operating system level and is not running on C as it would be by default?

Where you said you have tried "everything," that includes everything on the list I provided above and on the Performance Tips page I linked to, or are you possibly dismissing some of these things as unimportant as well? Pending getting to view a video of your actual lag/stutter issues, and again confirmation that this also happens on a newly started test game in a known to be safe to play world (e.g., Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook) running on a clean, freshly generated no-content game folder, there really isn't anything else I have to offer I'm afraid.

If that's it and you really have done ALL of these things, then unless someone else comes along with fresh ideas or spots something we have missed, then we may have to conclude that TS3 is just not going perform well on your current system. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > friendlysimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Windows is installed on the c drive because its an ssd , windows on a mechanical drive is alot slower than an ssd thats why i have it installed on the ssd i also have the entire rest of the drive used as virtual memory i have tried to use the other drives for virtual memory but that seemed to make no difference and even decreased the performance in some of my games , i have sims 3 installed on the f drive thats where my documents are stored aswell. At this point im tempted to just give up ive tried everything whats weird is it performed better on my old laptop from 2011 and that was with around 5 eps :(
    >
    >
    >
    > I think we've exhausted our checks of hardware related issues here. For whatever reason you are dismissing my concern over running Windows on a drive with only 11 GB of free space as not important whereas I think it's a pretty critical issue for overall computer performance (not just for TS3, which is running on a different drive anyway). And let's confirm again, your user Documents folder is redirected to F at the operating system level and is not running on C as it would be by default?
    >
    > Where you said you have tried "everything," that includes everything on the list I provided above and on the Performance Tips page I linked to, or are you possibly dismissing some of these things as unimportant as well? Pending getting to view a video of your actual lag/stutter issues, and again confirmation that this also happens on a newly started test game in a known to be safe to play world (e.g., Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook) running on a clean, freshly generated no-content game folder, there really isn't anything else I have to offer I'm afraid.
    >
    > If that's it and you really have done ALL of these things, then unless someone else comes along with fresh ideas or spots something we have missed, then we may have to conclude that TS3 is just not going perform well on your current system. :/

Thanks for the help , guess ill just have to stick with sims 4 :/

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

• zwarrelzwarrel Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey! I hope someone can help me.
    My game was working fine, until 1 week ago. My problem is that when I click on the play button in the launcher, it redirects me to Origin instead of starting the game. Same thing happens if I open Origin first & try to open the game from there. I don't get a error or anything, only the Origin screen pops up.
    So far, I tried: 1. deleting Origin, 2. made a Sims 3 backup folder & tried to open the game with a "clean" folder, 3. "repairing" the game in Origin, but nothing seems to work! Also tried to bypass the launcher, but I can't do that either.
    Since it keeps redirecting me to Origin, I can't play the game anymore :neutral:
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @zwarrel I take it you're on patch 1.69, which means you can't launch the game without Origin running. It's not possible to bypass the launcher, either. (If you're not sure, your patch number should show on the launcher page, in the lower left corner.) On a lower patch, of course, you don't need Origin at all. But if Origin is acting up, the first thing to do it to clear its cache. A simple uninstall may have missed these files.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

By the way, here's how to do a clean uninstall (look under "the hard way.")

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/
    Thank you for the help @puzzlezaddict!
    I already cleared Orgin "secret files"caches and that didn't work. I just tried to do a clean uninstall ("the hard way") of Origin & tried to start the Sims 3 after that. Unfortunately, the launcher still keeps redirecting to Origin instead of starting the game. :(

I indeed have patch 1.69 installed.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @zwarrel Have you updated anything since the game last worked? (I mean, besides whatever noise Origin might have produced.) Windows updates, antivirus, etc.? This might be beyond my ability to help, but the experts will want to know. If you'd like to cover all your bases, providing a dxdiag will give people a lot more information. You can post it in pastebin (no need for an account, just use the free option) and provide a broken-up link here, like h.t.t.p.s or something, as new members can't post links.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181
    edited August 2018
    @zwarrel - Can we just confirm the sequence being used to start up the game here? You go into Origin, and start ("play") the game from there, not from an independent desktop shortcut to the game or the Launcher. The Launcher comes up on its own, probably after a very long pause. With Origin still running in the background, you then click Play on the Launcher to start the game. You are not trying to quit Origin in between, it must still be running, yet the game does not really start. Is this all correct?

Was this an all digital Origin install, was it retail discs, or a mixture of both (or from some other source, if so which one) before Patch 1.69 and the required Origin tie-in took over?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor: That is all correct. The launcher comes up quite quickly when I start the game using Origin. I have both Origin & the sims 3 launcher running when I click the "play icon" on the launcher to start the game. After I hit the play icon on the launcher, it shortly seems to load (the play icon turns grey) but then quickly jumps back to the Origin screen ("game library" --> Sims 3 play screen) instead of loading the game.
    I bought the game back when it first released in 2009, so I think that makes it a retail disc. :)

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for all your help! I'm gonna try to post my dxdiag here. As far as I know, I haven't updated anything on my PC.
    Also thank you for your help, @igazor!

Also, this might not be relevant (I think), but I play the Sims on a Windows 10 PC. A few months ago, after a windows update, I was not able to start any game on this pc. Back then, I changed the compatibility mode for the sims 3 to run in "Windows service pack 2." Ever since, the game was working fine again (until now).
    edited August 2018
    @zwarrel - I would strongly suggest undoing compatibility mode to see if that helps at all. It generally (for games) causes more problems than it solves. Compatibility mode tends to be useful for older office and productivity type applications intended for earlier versions of Windows.

To help undo the unwanted effects of Win 10's more recent Creator Updates, see this post. I thought these had mostly worked themselves out by now by way of subsequent Windows updates, the post is from a year ago, but may still be helpful.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15902876/#Comment_15902876

Is your install ALL retail disc or do you have EP/SPs that were digitally installed by way of Origin in the mix? Origin is supposed to be able to handle mixed media installs, but sometimes it does develop problems with these and the player has to switch to all digital. That's a last resort though, as it involves uninstalling your entire game, cleaning the Windows registry with Piriform's CCleaner or an equivalent method, and reinstalling everything.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    h
    t
    t
    p
    s
    ://
    paste
    bin
    .com
    /c3HP5iu5

Should be the link for the dxdiag. (I'm sorry for the way I'm posting the link; it won't let me post otherwise.)
    @igazor All my sims 3 EPS are retail discs as well. I never bought my sims 3 games directly from Origin.
    I really hope I can prevent uninstalling & reinstalling everything, but if that's the last resort I'll try.

I'm gonna undo the compatibility mode to see if that works!
    Oh wait, YES!!! Seems like my game is finally working again!
    Basically, I wanted to turn off the compatibility mode for the launcher, when I saw it wasn't running in windows XP compatibility mode yet. When I turned the compatibility mode on & tried to start the game; it worked!
    I still would like to try to run the Sims 3 without compatibility mode. but it seems like the problem is solved for now! :)

Many thanks for all the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top