Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• cowlover1250cowlover1250 Posts: 8 New Member
    10 mins into playing my screen goes black then says unsupported mode and restarts. All expansions expect Showtime and late night. Once booted back up it will ether do the same a few times or show a black screen with no signal and takes a lot of tinkering to get back a picture. Specs of PC are as follows
    AMD FX-8300 3.30 GHz 8-Core
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
    8 GB DDR3
    1 TB HDD

Dont know if it means anything but im using an old tv as a monitor with an HDMI cable. On the computer there is a spot that is labeled as HDMI and another that looks and fits the same. If i use the labeled one nothing shows up. So i use the unlables one a little lower on the back of the computer.

The one lower on the back of the case is the correct port to use its your graphics cards port.
    Have you tried updating your GTX 960 drivers?

Yes all up to date. Now since this happend last night i turn it on and i hear noise(not the fans) and a light is on but not display at all. Worried it might be dead :(
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2016
    10 mins into playing my screen goes black then says unsupported mode and restarts. All expansions expect Showtime and late night. Once booted back up it will ether do the same a few times or show a black screen with no signal and takes a lot of tinkering to get back a picture. Specs of PC are as follows
    AMD FX-8300 3.30 GHz 8-Core
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
    8 GB DDR3
    1 TB HDD

Dont know if it means anything but im using an old tv as a monitor with an HDMI cable. On the computer there is a spot that is labeled as HDMI and another that looks and fits the same. If i use the labeled one nothing shows up. So i use the unlables one a little lower on the back of the computer.

The one lower on the back of the case is the correct port to use its your graphics cards port.
    Have you tried updating your GTX 960 drivers?

Yes all up to date. Now since this happend last night i turn it on and i hear noise(not the fans) and a light is on but not display at all. Worried it might be dead :(

No i dont think it's dead.
    What is the tv's resolution? Can you make sure the game is set to the native resolution (your tvs resolution.. can find that out in windows display settings.) Also try running the game in window mode.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• cowlover1250cowlover1250 Posts: 8 New Member
    ill try. compter is now working. loose something inside. Sims 4 plays fine. Playing now for 30 mins no problem
  • the_simsgamer96the_simsgamer96 Posts: 46 New Member
    can i use a 1TB SSD to replace the HDD if i took it to a computer shop to fit it for me?
    i'm planning on making a new account with a new email address but want to remove this account, which sim guru should i contact and who's the most active guru on this forum?
    Thanks
    i'm planning on making a new account with a new email address but want to remove this account, which sim guru should i contact and who's the most active guru on this forum?
    Thanks

anyone?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks

anyone?

I've already answered this question, on the prior page of this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15293365/#Comment_15293365

Edit: Hmm, that link doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Let's try it this way.
    igazor wrote: »
    Only gurus and other EA staff can help with that. You should try to get the attention of @SimStaffBethelle.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thanks

anyone?

Only gurus and other EA staff can help with that. You should try to get the attention of @SimStaffBethelle.
    i cant find simgurudrake profile can u send me a link?

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Does this work?
    how do i install mods for sims 3? have no idea how to do this, one other question can i use a 1TB SSD as the primary storage instead of HDD, as a SSD will load faster :)
    Does this work?
    how do i install mods for sims 3? have no idea how to do this, one other question can i use a 1TB SSD as the primary storage instead of HDD, as a SSD will load faster :)
    Mods are package files. How to install them: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

I don't understand the SSD question. A drive is a drive, you can install the game on any hard drive that has space for it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2016
    @the_simsgamer96

Yes the game will load faster on ssd. We already mentioned this. We also told you to seek professional computer help on altering your computer since you stated you wanted to buy a larger ssd and reinstall windows.
    @the_simsgamer96

Yes the game will load faster on ssd. We already mentioned this. We also told you to seek professional computer help on altering your computer since you stated you wanted to buy a larger ssd and reinstall windows.

thank you i will take the laptop and get them to install the SSD and RAM, where would the best place to search how to reinstall windows, or do u know how to reinstall windows?
    I don't understand the SSD question. A drive is a drive, you can install the game on any hard drive that has space for it.[/quote]

sorry i meant instead of having the 1TB HDD as a hard drive can i use a SSD version of the 1TB HDD sorry if i didn't make sense :)
    @the_simsgamer96

thank you i will take the laptop and get them to install the SSD and RAM, where would the best place to search how to reinstall windows, or do u know how to reinstall windows?

i want to apologize for hogging the thread i never meant to ask those questions, i should have researched first and asked MSI about that, so i aplogize if i have offended/annoyed u and all the simmers on the forum please accept my sincere apology :)
    Thanks

anyone?

phoebebe13 mentioned if i bought a larger(1TB) SSD i would have to re-install windows, do u know how this is done or where can i research how to accomplish this?

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @the_simsgamer96

If the laptop has two hard drives you maybe able to replace the hdd with another ssd without reinstalling windows. You would have to talk to a computer expert to help you with this. If you are reinstalling windows again I would speak to the expert if your replacing the ssd with a larger one. This may void your warranty.
    @the_simsgamer96

If the laptop has two hard drives you maybe able to replace the hdd with another ssd without reinstalling windows. You would have to talk to a computer expert to help you with this. If you are reinstalling windows again I would speak to the expert if your replacing the ssd with a larger one. This may void your warranty.

i googled if upgrading the laptop voids the warranty, and it said MSI users are allowed to upgrade RAM/HDD as long as you don't break anything, i'll check if it has two HDD's, again i apologize for hogging this thread :(
    i want to apologize for hogging the thread i never meant to ask those questions, i should have researched first and asked MSI about that, so i aplogize if i have offended/annoyed u and all the simmers on the forum please accept my sincere apology :)
    Ok why is nobody accepting my apology? Phoebebe13, anyone who i might have annoyed i apologize for hogging this thread buy why is no-one answering. Does anyone know why SimGuruDrake isnt replyin to any of my posts/messages on her wall i have left 5-8 of them had one reply never any after can someone get in touch and ask her to pm me as i asked nicely to remove my profile and now no answers its getting annoying and frustrauting :(
    still no answer why is everyone ignoring me i have apologized 5 times and nobody accepts and WHY has SimGuruDrake STILL not got back to me its been nearly 2 weeks getting 🐸🐸🐸🐸 OFF!!

I don't understand the SSD question. A drive is a drive, you can install the game on any hard drive that has space for it.[/quote]

Is phoebebe13 p***ed off with me asking all those laptop questions cause i have apologized on this thread and on her wall but hasnt forgiven me or accepted my apology i do apologize phoebebe13 for all the trouble i have caused on this thread but i'm new to laptop technology so again i apologize can we be civil and be friends?
    edited November 2016
    @the_simsgamer96 - I'm going to step back in here and I hope that phoebebe doesn't mind my speaking for her. We would prefer it if you could please stop posting on this thread. That's just a gentle request, it's not like we own the place. But this thread is intended for new forum members who have tech issues. We have already answered yours as best as we could.

Although you do see us goofing around occasionally, this is a game forum after all and games are meant to be fun, we and the other helpful folks who participate here are also tech professionals, others are very experienced gamers, etc., and we will try to help anyone who stops by with their questions. We want to encourage new members' tech posts here, not dilute the thread with unnecessary demands for apologies (really, it just doesn't matter and nobody here hates you or anyone else) and complaints about requests to the forum moderators. There are other forum sub-boards that are better suited for these kinds of things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top