Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimGuruDrake So, I gather, is this the only paid content we'll be getting this quarter? :smile:
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Just look at the FB post OMG the angry reaction is the second
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/?fref=nf
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Perhaps the lemonade tray is just ... stuff and the real premium content is something more exciting. They didn't show the Kids gameplay objects in the quarterly trailer either.

Lemonade is the icon for the SP. Lemonade IS the SP's gameplay content. However there is a possibility that there may be one another gameplay object.

Maybe lemonade stands?

I don't know. I want the stands but I'm kind of hoping it isn't.

Here's why: should have been in GTW. And it's backyard stuff. It seems weird that it's called backyard stuff and it revolves around lemonade solely. I'm kind of hoping for at least either a pool slider or a pool floater sims can use.

Yes I mentioned a pool focus earlier in this thread but there isn't really a hint in the render to do with pools... the render doesn't give much away.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    we can already plant Lemon trees!

Hopefully will need lemons for lemonades, and it won't just be given to us. Just so the game can be a bit more challenging...

This! I also hope we can use other veggies and fruits and get interesting results!
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    sooo, nothing in august and september? That's great! More like The Sims 4 is a dead service....

The is for this next three months so who knows when the stuff pack will be for sale July August or September.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    So are they even going to Gamescom? I mean if they plan to announce the next EP there I'd understand but I doubt they're going for a stuff pack. I do wonder what all is coming in the pack/July patch. I guess kid's hair colors (maybe a fix to the kid hair changing bug) and nannies.

The kid you saw had blond hair with pink highlights. That doesn't mean kids will have new hair colors, it means the blond color for that hair has pink highlights. The brown will probably have blue highlights, the dark brown green, the black purple and finally the light blond probably lighter blue highlights.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Still hoping for an actual Gardening Pack....

I'd like more gardening stuff too.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Hopefully will need lemons for lemonades, and it won't just be given to us. Just so the game can be a bit more challenging...

This! I also hope we can use other veggies and fruits and get interesting results!

Yeah, it would be cool to have the possibility of once again prepare natural juice
    21mbz47.jpg
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yikes.

Hopefully the next quarter will have some pretty impressive stuff to make up for this.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Yes! This would almost make up for the fact that nectar making didn't make a come back in Dine Out.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • TungoTungo Posts: 13 New Member
    Maybe they weren't able to release an EP this quarter because they were busy working on toddlers, cars and an open world. /sarcasm
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Remember that this time the quarter may be July-August (2 months) ;)
    Check this official comment from SimGuruLyndsay made back in April 2016:
    (In this case a “season” means around 2-3 months)
    This was from the News section in the forums about the A Look at Spring - Early Summer 2016 news.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2016
    I um
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Would it be possible for you to confirm whether or not this qualifies as the quarterly teaser? It would be great to know now whether or not this is all we're getting this quarter or whether we can expect another teaser showing off more upcoming content before the forums go into meltdown.

This is the quarterly teaser.
    I almost fell off my chair at this, I was laughing so hard.

I um, don't even know what to say. I mean, at first, I thought there was something wrong with the link because there is just a picture-it's not a video. It shouldn't even be on utube. I was seriously confused about all the speculation because I thought it very well could be false.

Now, I'm just hoping there is more-something different because all I see is Garden Stuff and Patio Stuff and whatever they didn't have time or space to put in those goes into this one? I want to give it a chance but my morale when it comes to Sims stuff is going down the drain fast. Is this it until October or so? Is this really it? If it's quarterly can we get more confirmation on when the quarter falls because I am having a hard time grasping that there has not been an expansion in ... how long? And all that is coming up is an update and a stuff pack?

Don't get me wrong the free updates have been fantastic but I'm about to faint from all the underwhelmingness of it all. It's like, there is a pretty good idea that comes up but it only comes up every expansion pack and there just haven't been enough of them-or game packs even to radically change game play. Little new things are nice but wow, we really need more depth to the game.

I'm tired.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Tungo wrote: »
    Maybe they weren't able to release an EP this quarter because they were busy working on toddlers, cars and an open world. /sarcasm

I guess they were too busy thinking of more ''funny'' easter eggs to put in their packs.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Perhaps the lemonade tray is just ... stuff and the real premium content is something more exciting. They didn't show the Kids gameplay objects in the quarterly trailer either.

Lemonade is the icon for the SP. Lemonade IS the SP's gameplay content. However there is a possibility that there may be one another gameplay object.

Maybe, but the icon for Luxury Party was a diamond and not the chocolate fountain. If for example the gameplay object for Backyard is a waterslide (my guess), that could look cryptic as an icon.

• SomaSinSomaSin Posts: 92 Member
    I hope we get a new world (running out of space) maybe a beach world... would be nice.
    Website | Tumblr | Origin ID: SrslySims
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    We should get 2EPs per year and I don't see that happening. It's july and this year we've had no EPs AT ALL
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    This teaser is SO disappointing :( That stuff pack looks completely pointless imho
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    What's Agnes holding to the baby?
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Just look at the FB post OMG the angry reaction is the second
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/?fref=nf

Of course people are angry! I'm angry!
    From January to June they've released NOTHING except a GP and a SP! And now we're getting only 1 SP for the entire summer!?

I was really looking forward to the quarterly teaser and they can't even make a proper video, no its a GIF!!

As a customer, I feel treated like garbage.

1 GP, 3 SP.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    So one SP in about 2 or 3 months and the possibility of a nanny NPC, meaning the next EP will be announced in late September-October and released in December if it's not delayed. :+1:

And then another rinse and repeat. About one more year to make another EP to be released in 2017's December.

This 1 ep/gp a year isn't going to fly for much longer but that looks like that's the route they are taking if the only pack were getting in the next 3 months is a lemonade pack.

Unless they plan on milking the Sims 4 for longer then 5 years.
    LR3g0ni.jpg