Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    *puts on plumbob colored glasses* Hey, I like to look at it this way, if it's just one pack then the patches will be awesome!!!!!

Can we wait till they fix the latest new bugs first before we think about new patches? My Sims have runaway amnesia right now.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    aka_moi wrote: »
    I don't think this an official anything. I think it's something a fan threw together because there is a rumour that a Backyard Stuff pack is next. It looks completely fake and unlike the last preview trailer.

It's not fan made. This render was EA made. Open your sims 4 game and there it is, in the main page one just like it. Like it's not hard :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I don't think this an official anything. I think it's something a fan threw together because there is a rumour that a Backyard Stuff pack is next. It looks completely fake and unlike the last preview trailer.

I agree with you 100%. It doesn't look real in any way

@SimGuruDrake Would not have confirmed it as the trailer if it were made by a fan. Please stop with these silly conspiracies.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think your Sims will enjoy this content once we can share more about it with you :)

*interprets this in a thousand different ways*

confused-joey-gif.gif

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    God.

Hoping that was the animated render for the Seasons launch screen. Please. There simply CANNOT be another plum stuff pack right now, we JUST got one.

Praying it's Seasons..
    688640_music-britney-spears-britney-behind-the-scenes-in-the-zone-praying-in-the-zone-and-out-all-night.gif

Lol wut? What part of "it's a SP" do you not understand? It's in the teaser.

We don't even know if it's official let alone a SP so simmer down.

It was released by Sims Italian Facebook page. If it's not official someone needs to get fired over at EA Italy because that would be very bad marketing.

And Backyard stuff was leaked earlier on as being a SP.

Don't worry, a SimGuru will come in here and tell us not to believe anything that doesn't come from EARS...

I am still having a hard time believing this is the teaser, it's just a complete joke if it is. Why released a 3 month "teaser" for a $10 Stuff Pack, that would be a complete waste of time on their end and on ours. Hopefully a guru will get in here and answer the questions, someone needs to explain what exactly we are supposed to expect seeing as the teaser created from our feedback doesn't.

So much for @SimGuruDrake telling us that pages like that only know about the content they are promoting at that time.

This again shows that it's compleely not true and they know what's coming in the future before it's even announced. So I do believe toddlers aren't coming soon, since that's what the previous ''facebook chat leak'' also mentioned.

But hey; the only credible source are the simguru's themselves, right? Lol.

Sometimes I wonder who their spindoctor is.

I don't mean this as malicious or anything but I get the impression not even @SimGuruDrake gets the whole picture.

She's on a need to know basis. She comes into work and is told what to say and do on that day, meanwhile countries across the world have more information than her. It is very sad to see this company run like this.

I did get a good giggle out of that -- please do not make assumptions about my job. I've stated this before: We make / translate / share all marketing materials to our territories. When it is something going up on all of our channels our team manages that here in house.

I actually know WAY more than most and our territories are the ones on a "need to know" basis. Additionally: No one tells me what to say and do on any given day--that's not how that works. If you'd like insights into how the Community Manager role works I'd be happy to explain :)

So you choose not to disclose whether toddlers are being worked on?
    Whether we're getting something to help with no space in worlds? All of my neighborhoods are bursting to capacity, what am I supposed to do? Is there a solution in the works?

No one tells you what to do so I'm asking if you can answer me those questions to give me some peace of mind, because I shouldn't have to be deleting sims and having multiple families live in one lot because there is no space.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Too much garden stuff... when are we getting the front porch SP?
    Front yard SP next year maybe lol

haha maybe it will include transportation methods, other than fading away
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    QDog wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention this but that baby is wearing a diaper instead of the boring overalls they usually wear. Even if babies are not released from their crib this might mean we will be able to to at least change their clothes or customize them in CaS? Hmm

Are people this forgetful? They have done that for renders, about 3 times now. IT'S NOT NEW!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

What did I tell you? I told you so, but people never listen. Smh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well this plum, a lot.

I am not surprised. Keep stringing us along with Stuff Packs. Where is the actual real gameplay content?

Tired of this whole Stuff Pack fiasco. We just got one for the sake of the holy plumbob.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake is this the teaser?

Yes.

Thanks! Better to know than to keep speculating :)

(Piles of SPs would have been nice, though ;) )

I don't think Ralph is gonna survive after this one though D:

I like the SPs so far. Maybe there'll just have to be a Ralph Junior!

I think Ralph should have been a millipede :D
  • Options
    PublicityPublicity Posts: 121 Member
    I hate to be optimistic when I'm such a pessimist. But, if we are getting toddlers I'll be so happy. I mean, while we get packs there has been stuff just patched into the base game along the way. And if we're not getting more packs because EA is working on something bigger then I'm okay with that. What better time to add a nanny than when toddlers get patched in? Truly, I hate to get excited about it but.. for once I'll let myself wish. I'll be happy seeing toddlers or just more stuff/game/expansion packs be released. I know this can't be all EA has for us. Otherwise that would be sad :(. Seeing as people have to work, they must always be doing something more than we know!
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2016
    Whether we're getting something to help with no space in worlds? All of my neighborhoods are bursting to capacity, what am I supposed to do? Is there a solution in the works?

No one tells you what to do so I'm asking if you can answer me those questions to give me some peace of mind, because I shouldn't have to be deleting sims and having multiple families live in one lot because there is no space.

The SimGurus are not allowed to discuss future content regarding future quarters.

You'll need to take it up to EA themselves - Maxis has to listen to what EA wants them to do.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

I agree with you 100%. It doesn't look real in any way

@SimGuruDrake Would not have confirmed it as the trailer if it were made by a fan. Please stop with these silly conspiracies.

To be fair, I didn't even get through all of the pages before I posted that. My mistake!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Would it be possible for you to confirm whether or not this qualifies as the quarterly teaser? It would be great to know now whether or not this is all we're getting this quarter or whether we can expect another teaser showing off more upcoming content before the forums go into meltdown.

This is the quarterly teaser.

Can you tell us whether EPs will appear in quarterly teasers or are the teasers just for SPs/GPs ?

If it is coming in that quarter it will be in the teaser.

Awesome ! This will make teasers even more exciting ! :blush:
  • Options
    lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm thinking... Maybe some objects will react to the wind? I would love some graphic improvements like the lightning one we got

(Also, work on the water, please! It's so ugly looking)
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

The SimGurus are not allowed to discuss future content regarding future quarters.

... shocker
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    So for this quarter we are getting a SP and a patch... The EP better be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 great when we get it because that's what the game needs.. actual expansion :/
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Am I missing something? For the 'trailer' all I heard was some old sims music and I saw a picture... that was it... is there supposed to be more to it?
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    I'm thinking... Maybe some objects will react to the wind? I would love some graphic improvements like the lightning one we got

I think we're definitely getting pinwheels or whatever you call those yard spinner things.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I sense a Sims 4 drought in the near future...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So one SP in about 2 or 3 months and the possibility of a nanny NPC, meaning the next EP will be announced in late September-October and released in December if it's not delayed. :+1:

And then another rinse and repeat. About one more year to make another EP to be released in 2017's December.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    Pinkmonkey wrote: »
    hmmmm.... i could have sworn this stuff pack was made already.

There was a patio stuff/romantic garden but no backyard stuff.. so close but not close? haha
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    WHY THE HECK IS AGNES HOLDING A BABY???? ARE BABIES NO LONGER OBJECTS? ARE TODDLERS COMING??????????

The baby's cradle is right by her, don't worry, babies have not cut their ties to their cages :)
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    lsarm55 wrote: »

What does your water look like - provide a screenshot. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.