Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We could change it all- Sims 4 Apocalypse challenge

Comments

• TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    edited December 2016
    Entry 1.23: You’re safe with me
    Sometimes there’s those moments when things are so heartbreaking you can physically feel yourself hurt. Last night when I got home from work there was a young child laying on my doorstep. He was wearing rags and was completely covered in dirt. The second he noticed me there he sat up and started crying and apologizing for anything he could think of. When I asked where his parents where all he could do was continue sobbing and pointing up at the night sky.
    12-19-16_3-49-25c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-19-16_3-53-33c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-19-16_3-51-48c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-19-16_4-22-26c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I carried him to the sink and washed some of the dirt off him. I changed into my own pjama’s and gave him some of Damien’s old clothes. The poor thing was on the edge of passing out, so I put him in the spare bed. He’s asleep as I’m writing this; the poor thing was too tired to even give me his name. -Mika

@Maladi777 Adopted kid placed! For those of you who don't know, Maladi hosted an event where your simself could get a blind date with one of her characters and adopt a kid to put in your story. And though i haven't had my date yet this little guy will make his appearance a bit sooner then planned.
    Post edited by TheGeekGamez on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @TheGeekGamez I'm so happy he was adopted by Mika herself! How sweet!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777 Despite her little touch of evil, Mika really has a soft spot for kids. I mean, she has 4 already and just decided to take another one in out of the blue!
    edited December 2016
    CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Everything was perfect. From the Christmas decorations to everyone’s ugly sweaters and no one fighting. I’ll admit, I’ve had some issues with Tony in the past, but let’s just say those are resolved.
    While Tony was slaving away in the kitchen for dinner, everyone was having fun. I was reading Love & Ruin (again), James was about to fall asleep watching sports, Eric, Sam, Alice and Laurence were playing horseshoes, Diana and Lenny were on the monkey bars, Matthew and Naomi were keeping an eye on them and Damien and Charlie were singing a duet of All I want for Christmas is a Freezer bunny by Maria Ferry. Busy, annoying, and in great numbers. That’s how I like my family.
    12-24-16_6-10-49c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-08-24c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-10-11c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-07-59c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-07-21c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-07-07c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_6-55-22c2a0pm.png?w=680
    After dinner everyone was so stuffed with food we all went to sleep instantly. We had to shuffle the furniture around to have a sleeping place for everyone, but we managed. Diana, Charlie and Alice in one room, Eric, Sam and Lenny in the other, James, Naomi, Matthew and I in the masters, Laurence in the hallway, Damien in the living room and we managed to stuff Tony in the study with all the presents for the morning.
    12-24-16_9-39-29c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-39-08c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-39-56c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-40-04c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-39-17c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-40-26c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-24-16_9-40-41c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Our issues are indeed resolved, but not because we just talked it out. We kinda… Hooked up? I’t feels weird to write down because what I assumed was a one time thing has resulted in me cheating on my Husband with my Co-worker for the last six months. To top it all off, His daughter and my son are best friends. I sure know how to pick a man. -Mika
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mika
    12-24-16_9-43-33c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I closed my Journal and sighed. Tony is always a subject that slightly upsets me. Not only because of our past; but also because of our current situation. Anyway, I need to go wake him up.
    12-24-16_9-45-07c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “Tony, wake up. I need help putting the presents in the living room.”
    All he did was groan and continue sleeping.
    I sighed, knowing there was only one way to wake him up when he’s like this.
    I sat down on his bed and kissed him on his cheek. Then his jaw, then his neck. His eyes opened up instantly and he sat up, putting me on his lap.
    12-24-16_9-50-48c2a0pm.png?w=680
    We made out for what seemed like ages until I broke the kiss. “Christmas, Tony. Not now, there is family all over the house.” He sighed. “Fine honey, lets go put out those present then."

And that was the really long Christmas special with way to many pictures! I would like to say that this is an AU or Alternate Universe. This is in no way canon, just fun to write. I wish you all Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2017! Next week I'll be back with your regular angst, drama and sadness. for now, enjoy this semi-Dramaless AU! By the way, if you want to download the build it was made by me. my origin ID is the same as my forum username.
    Darn it! My joy was premature then.
    I don't blame the AU Mika for succumbing to Tony's charms. If it was me, this would be the canon. Oh well, if wishes were horses...
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Ah, I just caught up. The story is great, though its sad knowing Mika won't be in the story much longer! I can't wait to see what'll happen with Charlie, as well!
  • NocturnalDuetNocturnalDuet Posts: 88 Member
    I just found this tonight and am totally hooked. I've never seen anyone tell their story via journals, so unique! Can't wait for the next update!
    @thejennifer Welcome! i home you will enjoy the story!

@NocturnalDuet If you want another story from journal perspective I can recommend Ashes to Ashes by @CitizenErased14 . you can find it here:https://ashes2asheslegacy.wordpress.com/ though I recommend reading Dust to Dust first, you can skip it.
  • NocturnalDuetNocturnalDuet Posts: 88 Member
    @TheGeekGamez Oh, I'll check both of those out then. New reading material! Thank you. :smile:
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Just read the entire thing in one sitting, guess being sick is for a better cause :lol:
    The last chapter got me so excited! It would so be canon if I were involved... LOL
    Absolutely love the challenge!
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    I know it's not my place to say, but I think it would be interesting to see this as like a dream Mika had in the main story... of what things would be like if they weren't in Glassbolt... just my weird thought, please feel free to ignore it completely :blush:
    @Sterretjeee Sickness in the holiday season is the worst! Get better soon!

@AllyTod13 I did consider that, but i decided to leave it out.I think it was because i preferred the semi-happy end to that chapter.
    Hey! Just giving you a heads up that i won't update today because of New Years Eve. Happy 2017 everyone!
    edited January 2017
    Entry 1.24: Fight

I can’t believe them! I bring in a homeless orphaned boy, and the thing they want to do first thing in the morning is kick him out?! He is 5 godda*mn years old! Coming up with arguments like having enough mouths to feed and not enough time to look after a young child.
    12-28-16_7-39-43c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-28-16_7-40-40c2a0pm.png?w=680
    They should all understand, right? If I hadn’t taken Matthew and Naomi in the day they were dropped there would’ve been no way they had survived. And my own da*mn husband, who can’t even remember his own parents would deny a child so desperately in need?! Naomi told me that since Damien was born, she was and still is the one raising all of both her and my children. I mean, I know I work a lot but isn’t that a bit below the belt?
    12-28-16_7-42-56c2a0pm.png?w=680
    She has to remember what it’s like to see mom wither away from illness, growing too weak to even walk on her own. Matthew has to recall what it was like to hear mom scream in terror when she found dad laying cold on the floor, no longer breathing. I know I remember; and it fu*cked me up big time. Of course, saying they have no heart is the most hypocritical thing I can do, seeing my line of work. I kill, scheme, steal and terrorize for a living. Maybe I even killed his parents, who knows at this point. All I know is that I need to keep that kid safe, and myself at work. If I’m not fearsome, then what am I? I showed weakness my saving him, lets just hope it doesn’t bite me in the a*ss later. -Mika
    12-28-16_7-44-05c2a0pm.png?w=680
    12-28-16_7-44-14c2a0pm.png?w=680

And that is the almost last chapter of this generation! it will end on entry 25, we'll have a little break and gen 2 will begin! im really excited to show you what I have been working on for a while now...
    Awhhh, poor baby! I hope they'll see the light soon!
    Mika

I closed the journal and made my way outside. The kid ran apparently overheard my conversation and ran off crying. Brother of the year award goes to Matthew for telling me after he’d gone missing for a good two hours. My family will just have to deal with the fact I might be gone for the rest of the night. They know very well they scared the poor thing off. Because Glassbolt lacks non-residential buildings there are very few places he could’ve gone. There was only the science facility, the mafia headquarters and the abandoned town center.
    All of those places are not safe for a child. The headquarters would’ve called me by now if a child showed up at our doorstep, And the science facility wouldn’t let him anywhere near their top secret lab. That leaves only one option; the town center.
    It is mostly used by criminals and the unregistered homeless people; a real joy to visit. If he did go there, there’s a chance im not getting him back alive.
    01-07-17_9-09-29c2a0pm.png?w=680
    When I arrived at the town center I noticed something was off. All the lights were off and there wasn’t a single soul around. Making my was to one of the rooftops I noticed everything was completely abandoned; but nothing was taken. People had lived here not too long ago.
    01-07-17_9-10-01c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I was about to give up searching the area when I heard little feet walking on the floor above me. I rushed up the stairs and found the kid sitting on a camping bench.
    He was completely covered in dirt again, like he rolled through the mud on purpose. “Go away.” Was the only thing he could bring out.
    01-07-17_9-12-46c2a0pm.png?w=680
    01-07-17_9-12-56c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I sat down next to him. “Can you tell me why you’re here?”
    No response.
    “Okay then, let’s try a simpler question. What’s your name?”
    “Leonard.”
    “Hi Leonard, how old are you?”
    “I’m five.”
    “what is this place to you?”
    “Home.”
    Just as I thought. If he is from here it means his parents were probably criminals.
    “Where are your mama and papa?”
    “The scary men in blue took them.”
    Sh*it. This place had been cleaned out by cops. The local police force isn’t much, but it’s enough to clean out this garbage dump of minor criminals apparently.
    “why weren’t you caught?”
    Suddenly he jumped off the bench and started yelling.
    01-07-17_9-14-05c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “Cause mama hid me in the boxes and then she got caught and papa too and I heard two booms and now they’re gone!” Leonard fell on the ground and started sobbing uncontrollably. I stood up in front of him. “Are you mad at them; for leaving you behind? Or are you mad at the blue men for taking them?” Leonard looked up to me through his tears. “The blue men.”
    01-07-17_9-22-10c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “Good. Now push me over.”
    “What?”
    “Push me.”
    Leonard’s face filled with determination and he shoved me to the ground. He already looked a bit less upset. “Feel better?”
    01-07-17_9-16-29c2a0pm.png?w=680
    01-07-17_9-17-32c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “Yeah.”
    I sat back up and looked at the trembling child in front of me. “Listen, I don’t have to be your new mama or anything, but I can protect you from the blue men.”
    01-07-17_9-17-18c2a0pm.png?w=680
    01-07-17_9-20-30c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Leonard scoffed. “How would you do that?”
    I smiled at him. “I’ll tell you a secret. I am actually a super ninja who goes on secret missions to protect the world. I work with a force against the blue men; just like Llama woman.” Thank god I’m a good liar, because telling the kid I am the leader of a mafia might be a bit hard on a five year old who just suffered major trauma.
    “Really?”
    “Really. Now let’s go home and you can meet my family.”
    “I thought they didn’t like me?”
    “They’ll have to, I’m Llama woman.”
    01-07-17_9-23-40c2a0pm.png?w=680

Entry 2.25: Last page

I have officially reached the last page of this notebook. I am pretty godda*mn proud of it for lasting over 20 years. I suppose it did help that I sometimes lost it for years at a time. For this last page, I want to write a conclusion to my story. When I read the first couple of pages in this thing I can look back on how helpless I was. I was sad, lonely and hated my job. I don’t know exactly when, but at some point I turned that sadness into anger and used it to fuel my life and career. I stopped wallowing in self-pity and became the woman I am today; Strong, Fierce and beyond fuc*ked up. I topped my career, gave birth to four wonderful kids have a great marriage and even an enemy to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about. But what I have only recently realized is that I am not just a powerful woman, a loving mother and wife or an angsty teenager. I am all of those people, because they are all things I have been throughout my life. With grumpy old hag soon to be added to the list. But before you imaginary readers start grabbing tissues, this may be my last page, but it isn’t the ned of everything. I gave Damien a journal too, a couple of years ago. Possibly he will give one to his kids, who knows. Jesus Christ this got sappy, I might have reached sentimental old lady stage before It’s time. Just remember nothing is gone forever. This is just the End of the beginning. –Mika

We are gathered here today to celebrate/mourn the ending of generation one. I don't like getting sentimental, but writing that last Entry really messed me up. I thank all of you for making it to the ending of this generation and i hope you will read the next one too. the build of the apocalyptic town by Qtchin on the gallery and it is tagged #Apocalypse. now i shall retreat to my room room to cry and feed my obsession with Newt Scamader some more.
  • iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you for this wonderful last entry. My heart is heavy and I teared up a little. Mika is a great woman, it was so good to see her develope and build a life. <3
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
    iamthek wrote: »
    Thank you for this wonderful last entry. My heart is heavy and I teared up a little. Mika is a great woman, it was so good to see her develope and build a life. <3

I'm glad you enjoyed the entry. I was so hard to write because i love this character so much :'(
    She's not gone yet though! She still has a part to play in Damien's generation.
    Awhh, glad the boy came home eventually! I'm going to miss gen 1, but can't wait for gen 2 to take the first place!
    Poor little Lenny. I wonder what his future will look like. I will miss Mika. I'm looking forward to reading more about Charlie. For some reason I like everything about her. The way she looks, her name (her father...). Bring the second gen already!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    This was so good!! I really enjoyed it, even though I just came in haha. I can't wait for the second generation! Great job!
    @Sterretjeee I'm so excited for gen 2 too! really hope you guys will enjoy what i have planned.

@Maladi777 Charlie is problably one of my favourite character in gen 2. together with damien and the twin boys. they are already teenagers in game and driving me nuts is a specialty of theirs.

@Aeriexo11 Welcome! imglad you enjoyed generation 1!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hi! I just finished reading and wanted to say you that I really enjoy it. Great job :) I came here over The Meatball site. It is always nice seeing him and his offsprings ;)
    @Marialein thank you! I really like the meatball site too, I've been reading stories from there a lot lately.