Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transgender Family Pregnancy Issue

itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
Issue

Unable to initiate pregnancy in/with transgender sim(s).

Steps you took for Issue to occur

I have a family with two members. One is a transwoman with the ability to get others pregnant (CAS: Female, Can Get Others Pregnant), the other is a transman with the ability to become pregnant (CAS: Male, Can Become Pregnant). When selecting "Try for Baby", initially the action would drop from the queue. Upon exiting and restarting the game, the sims will follow through the action but the transman will not become pregnant. Unsure which sim to attribute the problem to, I had the transwoman attempt having a baby with another female partner (CAS: Female, Can Become Pregnant); this also failed. (Note: I have not attempted to have the transman start a pregnancy with anyone else.)

Picture
n/a

Where does the bug occur ?

Only attempted in one save game. Will create test game and update with results.

Mods/CC

I have downloaded CC that affected pregnancy in the past, most of which I removed before installing the latest patch (PC Version 1.20.60.1020) and while playing as this new family (created after patch).
The only mod I have currently that should affect pregnancy is MC Command Center (with Pregnancy and Woohoo flavors), however, I have been unable to determine if this is causing the issue.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Base Game Only

Occurring since

7-30-2016, when I installed PC Version 1.20.60.1020 after not playing since Dec. So, honestly, I had to remove and update a lot of CC. But, as stated above, the only remaining mod that should affect pregnancy is MC Command Center.

Operating system

Windows 7
Latest Game Patch: PC Version 1.20.60.1020
Current Play:
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
See the Tree
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Could you try pulling out MCCC to see if it's the cause? Also, really, all mods and CC; some have very nonobvious side effects.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Will try now
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Steps Taken

-Removed all Override and Script mods
    -Initiated new save game with same sims placed from gallery
    -Test: Pregnancy achieved.

-Replaced MCCC
    -Test: Pregnancy Failed. As before, the pregnancy test option wasn't available (meant to mention that). So it's not like they just can't get pregnant, I don't think the game will allow it with MCCC installed.

-Removed MCCC and replaced all other Override and Script mods
    -Test: Pregnancy Achieved

So it looks like the issue is MCCC but I couldn't determine from the initial save. That's a bummer.
    :/
    Think I'll pop over to MTS and leave a note.
    Current Play:
    See the Tree
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited July 2016
    *cough* MC W flavour needs new download *cough* had the same issues with *straight* couples but fixed after download
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Oh, word?! I just updated this week, new version must have been added in last couple days. Will check this out.

Edit:
    Was updated to latest version but dl'd and tested again anyway. Same issue. :(

Well, I left a message on MTS. Hopefully the creator has time to take a look. Thanks folks. I'd consider this closed.
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    See the Tree