Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recent Origin update - EP/SP no longer in gameplay but show in Origin with PLAY greyed out

I've not had any problems since the last time Origin screwed everything up with their update but they've updated something again (it happens automatically on my PC even though I have it checked to update ONLY on my direction) and now I no longer have my EPs/SPs available in the game. If I sort my content by Packs (in game), all I have are the Custom and Store icons. I checked the Launcher and all the EPs/SPs are showing under that ridiculous tab so I went through and checked all of them (even though they were all installed a long time ago) and clicked the Install Packs option. All it did was take me to the Origins program. All of my packs are showing there but, if I slide the mouse over them, there is no option to install (which makes sense) but the option to Play is greyed out. I've seen at the Origin forums that at least one other person has written (today) about this problem but hoping that someone will read it here and have an answer. BTW, my Origin updated automatically today as well, even though it is not supposed to, just like it did the other day as well as back at the beginning of the year when they made that other terrible update. I've no idea what is going on over there and why my settings are being ignored.

I did get a notice today to update my OS - get over yourselves - because as of July 31st, some of the functions might not be available. (I have Vista and will not be changing any time soon as I cannot afford a new PC and even defunct OS are selling at full retail.) It would be very bad form if the functions no longer available mean Origin will be denying us access to our packs that we purchased.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2016
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.

Origin will not support any OS under windows 7 . You will need to update your OS eventually http://help.ea.com/en/article/operating-system-not-supported-by-origin/
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Well, perhaps whatever they did yesterday fixed what they broke the other day because, when I played the game last night, the EPs were there. Still ticked that I set it to not automatically update and it goes ahead and does it every single time.

The OS situation will not be changing. I have an older computer that is doing fine, at least for now, and since MS won't reduce the price on their OS, I won't be paying $120 or more for a new OS that likely won't work on my old PC. Add to that that I'd have to completely uninstall/reinstall everything.....

I find the term "support" to be ambiguous. I would tend to understand that to mean that they won't help with OS problems but you make it sound like I'll be cut off and unable to play the game. BTW, it is only a matter of time before Win7 isn't "supported" either.
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Update: I went in the game last night and the EPs were back in there. I'm wondering if the update they did yesterday fixed whatever was previously broken.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    Well, perhaps whatever they did yesterday fixed what they broke the other day because, when I played the game last night, the EPs were there. Still ticked that I set it to not automatically update and it goes ahead and does it every single time.

The OS situation will not be changing. I have an older computer that is doing fine, at least for now, and since MS won't reduce the price on their OS, I won't be paying $120 or more for a new OS that likely won't work on my old PC. Add to that that I'd have to completely uninstall/reinstall everything.....

I find the term "support" to be ambiguous. I would tend to understand that to mean that they won't help with OS problems but you make it sound like I'll be cut off and unable to play the game. BTW, it is only a matter of time before Win7 isn't "supported" either.

Glad you got it working. I dont work for EA. I was just relaying that EA will not support certain things with those who have older OS than windows 7.