Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed keeps appearing even with coolala night light turned on!?

yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
My sims have 4 children, two boys and two girls. Both the girls and boys room have the coolala night light. The lights are on at all times in both rooms, especially during the night. The girls are fine, no monsters in sight. However, both boys have been woken up twice in one night by the monster even though the light is on. Is this supposed to happen??

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2016
    Try selling the bed and the lamp then rebuying them, place the bed first then the lamp. But first make sure the lamp is on.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No, it's not suppose to happen. I had it happen to my sim kid, too. She has the night light, has it always on, and the monster still woke her up. I haven't played that family since, so I can't tell if it was just a glitch or a common occurrence for her.

I'm following this thread to see what any steps to fix it are. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Try selling the bed and the lamp then rebuying them, place the bed first then the lamp. But first make sure the lamp is on.

So place the bed, then lamp, then turn the lamp on?

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

So place the bed, then lamp, then turn the lamp on?
    Yep. :)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sometimes you have to delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder after a patch too.

*added: this does not affect your save game files at all so it is safe to do.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    My first question would be to ask if you are using mods? If not, then report it as a bug since that is not supposed to happen.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder after a patch too.

*added: this does not affect your save game files at all so it is safe to do.

I will do that when I get back to my computer thanks

aclavo wrote: »
    My first question would be to ask if you are using mods? If not, then report it as a bug since that is not supposed to happen.

Yes I am. However the lamp has worked perfectly until now.

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Dont use the lamp..they also dont come if the lights r just on so just turn the light in the room on
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    Did you feed the monsters? Count how many kids are left maybe-

I'm kidding of course.

I just had a monster plague in my main legacy family. I had a similar problem after installing the light. Deleting the bed did the trick... but to be safe I also put in a bedside cabinet with a desk lamp that is now -always- on.
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Make the most of it because when they fix it you'll never see the monster under the bed ever again just like alien abductions.....

I'm turning into a terrible cynic in my old age *grumbles*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
    I will check later to see if it worked and then I will update this thread thank you for your replies everyone
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I have the same problem and I've tried everything on my end to fix it. I deleted cache, repaired game, reset folders, deleted beds, deleted lights, added them back in two different orders nothing seems to work. I ended up just buying double beds but that kind of ruined the whole kids room feel for me so eventually added single beds again. I do not use mods not sure what's causing this.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
    I have the same problem and I've tried everything on my end to fix it. I deleted cache, repaired game, reset folders, deleted beds, deleted lights, added them back in two different orders nothing seems to work. I ended up just buying double beds but that kind of ruined the whole kids room feel for me so eventually added single beds again. I do not use mods not sure what's causing this.

I know this is probably not it but could it be the light color chosen? My girls have the pink and it works. Boys have blue and it doesn't. Also if nothing works for you maybe have the parents spray the bed each night before bed time?

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This has to be mod related. Your mod could have started causing the issue all of a sudden. If it is a bug hopefully it's fixed in the July Patch.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    It is not mod related. I just started the 100 baby challenge today and I have 0 mods so I'm not accidentally breaking the rules of the challenge and the monster shows up every night. I have three children at the moment and three nightlights. Was really hoping we could sleep through the night sometime soon-ish.
    I haven't gotten a chance to retest but if it still doesn't work then I will have the parents spray the beds
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I changed the color of the night light and the monster has stayed away since, so maybe just certain colors are glitched.