Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Public grills in Windenburg?

I am trying TS4 again by using the "homeless" Sim approach that began my true enjoyment of TS3. I decided to use Windenburg because it has a tiny lot I can use for homebase. I went to the park expecting to find a grill that she can use, but don't see one. Am I missing something? Do I need to send her to another world just to burn some grub? :/
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    There is one at the estate - she could bum around there and live quite comfortably. Actually there are several around on the world lots (the ones you cant edit)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Thanks for answering. It's taking me forever to find things I need because the scrolling doesn't move as easily as in TS3 (I suspect because it's no longer an open world atmosphere). Even harvestable fruits and veggies are impossible to find because nothing is in harvest mode and/or all the frigging trees have been replaced with growfruit trees from the Easter challenge. *sigh*

Well, can't say I'm not challenging myself! Gonna have to sell the few fish I've caught so far to be able to gnaw on some charcoal in a bun. >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    You can change the camera to sims 3 style, I think most do. This will allow for smoother scrolling - take a gander in the game camera options and see what works for you.

The harvestable plants require a day or two to spawn stuff so if your sim stays in a particular area long enough some harvestables should sprout. I dunno if your challenge lets you collect the rocks and what not but there are plenty of those around in the more rural areas of windenburg. Fishing is a great skill considering you can fish up some pretty sweet items aside from fish that can be sold or eaten on the fly, or with a fly...

Good luck!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I think I ended up editing some spots around Windenburg to add more Grills. Also I created a few groups to go eat and hangout at the spots so my sims got Free food all the time. :smile:
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    The best lot for that challenge is the one next to the climbing frames in Newcrest. I chose there by luck and it was great, grills next door that always had food, 3 plants and 5 rocks.