Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Battle Station - how come kids don't flock to it?

plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
This new Battle Station thing.

I put 3 in my house.

One of my kids creates a club that includes playing on the Battle Station.

None of the Townie kids will automatically play on them - even if the only club activity is to play on them.

Even my own 2 children are not over-bothered with it in general.

The Townie kids will play on them if your kid challenges them though. When challenging townie kids, my kids keep the same critter cards in their inventories, so the Townie kids must be using their own critter cards.

So if the Townie kids have Critter cards, why aren't they homing in on the fact that I have 3 Battle Stations with a club activity set to encourage them to use them?

Townie kids will watch the battles, but not automatically play in them.

Anybody having better luck?

EDIT:
In fact, my own kids only TRAIN their critters - they don't even auto challenge for a battle.

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    The other thing I have noticed is that there is no on-screen message to say who won the game - ie, the way messages normally appear at the top right.

You have to keep checking their emotions.

I don't like this - I'd like to see a message of the outcome.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    i dont Think the npc kids "have" the cards unless they are prompted to do something with them. same as the fridge, it doesnt have stuff like yoguhurt in it unless someone is telling it that it does
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    They learned their lesson from the computers?
    lejoninna wrote: »
    i dont Think the npc kids "have" the cards unless they are prompted to do something with them. same as the fridge, it doesnt have stuff like yoguhurt in it unless someone is telling it that it does
    It had better not be.

I note that you can trade cards with the Townie kids and I did notice that some of these kids gave my kids much better cards than what were traded to them - there is no choice of a trade from the Townie kid - your kid has to choose a card to trade and then the Townie kid comes up with an offer.

It is almost like the game is creating the Critter cards out of the blue.

What's the point in having a club activity of Battle with Voidcritters if nobody uses them?

It sickens me to the very core of my existence.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I remember @SimGuruGraham mentioned in the live stream that kids would not battle autonomously. I was hoping this didn't apply to clubs. I guess the point of having the club rule to battle is that the clubs accure perk points... I'm sad about this because one thing I like about clubs is seeing them out and about when I am doing something else.

Any chance of this changing @SimGuruGraham

Btw this is my favourite stuff pack !!
    These things are $675 each - I bought 3 of them. We didn't have a cooker for a few days whilst the parents earnt enough to buy one.

I spent a fortune on the Voidcritters - I can't even give them away to Townie kids for them to use.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    It had better not be.

I note that you can trade cards with the Townie kids and I did notice that some of these kids gave my kids much better cards than what were traded to them - there is no choice of a trade from the Townie kid - your kid has to choose a card to trade and then the Townie kid comes up with an offer.

What's the point in having a club activity of Battle with Voidcritters if nobody uses them?

I'm sorry this is such a downer for you. I hope it gets fixed to work better.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd suggest reporting the not-happening-as-a-club-activity in Bugs and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I agree with @cherpar. I heard during the stream that other kids won't autonomously play it. So this was intentional. It didn't really strike me at the time as being a negative thing, but now I realize it would be much more immersive to see other kids playing it on their own.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    It had better not be.

Sickens you to your very core? Maybe you are taking this game way too seriously.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Scratching my head. Don't the kids have to have the cards first before they can play? Also, where does one find the cards, since they're touted as being 'collectibles'? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I didn't get long to play yesterday. Babysitting my youngest granddaughter whose only coming up 18 mos. :open_mouth: Playing my game not an option during that time. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    It had better not be.

Sickens you to your very core? Maybe you are taking this game way too seriously.
    I blame the compensation culture of today.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    They said, they didn't flag it to be used autonomously like the puppet theater so you'll have to make kids go play on it. Guessing they tried to avoid the game square thing situation with everyone running to it.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2016
    @GalacticGal You can find cards in the wild like any collectibles (there are two different types the normal cards and then the rarer foil cards) or you can purchase booster packs for them on the computer (apparently all the cards are eventually available this way but it can be expensive to purchase enough of the packs to get all the cards because you get random ones every time like you would if you buy packs of cards IRL). Then you take the cards and level them up (up to level 10) on the game machine.
    ~ ~ ~
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @GalacticGal You can find cards in the wild like any collectibles (there are two different types the normal cards and then the rarer foil cards) or you can purchase booster packs for them on the computer (apparently all the cards are eventually available this way but it can be expensive to purchase enough of the packs to get all the cards because you get random ones every time like you would if you buy packs of cards IRL). Then you take the cards and level them up (up to level 10) on the game machine.

Cool. Thank you for the tip! I tried clicking on the machine and absolutely nothing showed up. Since my Sims' little brother just aged up to child, too, I think I'll send them on a hunt. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I don't like the point of rummaging for them - it's stoopid. Why would you find one of these critter cards in a log or in a trashcan, etc?

Why can't kids beat up other kids and simply take their critter cards - or rob them from a retail store? We could have had a critter card retail store to plunder - or even a distribution warehouse that my kids could break into late into the night when the world is asleep, carrying armfuls of them back to our house.

Searching a log, etc is just not my thing.
    I don't like the point of rummaging for them - it's stoopid. Why would you find one of these critter cards in a log or in a trashcan, etc?

Why can't kids beat up other kids and simply take their critter cards - or rob them from a retail store? We could have had a critter card retail store to plunder - or even a distribution warehouse that my kids could break into late into the night when the world is asleep, carrying armfuls of them back to our house.

yes we need this. u have such good ideas pls make a game
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Beating up other kids doesn't seem like a very friendly thing to do. If you have a kid with the klepto trait, though, you might see if you can swipe a card at a friend's house.

SimGuruGraham said on the livestream that children wouldn't use the battle stations autonomously. That way, they're always available if you want to send your kid to use one on a public lot. If you click on the battle station, you can get the option to battle with another child. And I think it's the case that townie kids don't have the cards until you go to your inventory and click on a card to trade.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

I guess a klepto child sim could swipe one from a retail store if you set one up to sell the cards. As for the beating up other sims, it would be pretty neat if there was a chance to get loot from other sims if you win the fight. Make pick pocketing, klepto, mean sims a bit more interesting.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    @MVWdeZT thats why its good. the sims 4 is too too friendly
    edited June 2016
    Imagine if we had toddlers and a child Sim could train their toddler sibling to steal them - put the toddler through the window of another Sims' house and then the toddler sniffs the critter cards out and returns to the kid - like a dog.

Imagine if we had pets too along with dog-flaps in doors - the toddler could get in through a dog-flap and pilfer away - in the dead of night.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2016

This made me LOL and I LOVE it! I agree, it is incredibly 🐸🐸🐸🐸. to have kids rummaging in the trash and logs to find game cards. Really? Not very much like a real life simulator as this game is supposed to be now. Instead, it would be more fun to see our sims kids try to "schmooze" them away from their friends and acquaintances. Just like our sim parents had to do w/the private school headmaster back in the early sim days.

Or buy candy/bubblegum at the local store and get a few cards in the pack too.

Find a card or two laying on the ground as sims kids are walking to school.

Win game cards as a bonus for buying the game packs on the computer.

We NEED MORE lively imaginations in the programming of this new SP... C'mon EA, let's do this thing right!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

^ This is a beautiful thing. Hahahaha. :triumph:
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I have to admit that it's a bit disappointing that Townie Sims don't use the Battle Stations, even outside of House Lots, I was hoping to see Children battle it out but Voidcritters is still very enjoyable in my opinion. I just wish that more Children autonomously played on the Battle Stations and perhaps even choosing what cards we want during a Trade and the other Child Sim accepting or denying the deal?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    This new Battle Station thing.

I put 3 in my house.

One of my kids creates a club that includes playing on the Battle Station.

None of the Townie kids will automatically play on them - even if the only club activity is to play on them.

Even my own 2 children are not over-bothered with it in general.

The Townie kids will play on them if your kid challenges them though. When challenging townie kids, my kids keep the same critter cards in their inventories, so the Townie kids must be using their own critter cards.

So if the Townie kids have Critter cards, why aren't they homing in on the fact that I have 3 Battle Stations with a club activity set to encourage them to use them?

Townie kids will watch the battles, but not automatically play in them.

Anybody having better luck?

EDIT:
    In fact, my own kids only TRAIN their critters - they don't even auto challenge for a battle.

this is sad news
    cause the clubs is such a good idea :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA