Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 unable to start

Comments

• Options
    AnchyAnchy Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow @Niamiah i have exactly the same problem with my CC that i downloaded, and exactly the same warning:

> @_Queening79 said:
    > I was trying to post a screenshot of the error but i can't find an option on how to so i'll just text it below.
    >
    > "unable to start, cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mode please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin."
    >
    > C:Users/Lauryn/Documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 4/Mods/~$ntiklia_-_Hair_s34_Dayana.package
    >
    > [60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]
    >
    > That's all it says...

but the problem was only with TSR4 CC and i want to find the way to keep it and not have any more problems with it, all the other CC that i downloaded was working perfecty fine and without any "unable to start" problems, only with TSR4 CC i have a problem...
    i was wondering if anyone could help me, i would be very grateful!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Anchy wrote: »
    @rosemow @Niamiah i have exactly the same problem with my CC that i downloaded, and exactly the same warning:

> @_Queening79 said:
    > I was trying to post a screenshot of the error but i can't find an option on how to so i'll just text it below.
    >
    > "unable to start, cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mode please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin."
    >
    > C:Users/Lauryn/Documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 4/Mods/~$ntiklia_-_Hair_s34_Dayana.package
    >
    > [60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]
    >
    > That's all it says...

but the problem was only with TSR4 CC and i want to find the way to keep it and not have any more problems with it, all the other CC that i downloaded was working perfecty fine and without any "unable to start" problems, only with TSR4 CC i have a problem...
    i was wondering if anyone could help me, i would be very grateful!

Hello @Anchy
    It would be best to go back to the page on TSR where you downloaded the cc from and let the cc creator about your issues. They may be able to fix the cc and post an updated version of it, if other simmers are also having the same issues as you.
  • Options
    AnchyAnchy Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi @rosemow
    thank you on your advice but i dont think thats the problem, i saw other people using same cc downloaded from TSR and working for them, but its still not working for me. Every time i directly download some cc from TSR it wont work and i get that warning to move that cc from the mods folder, but if i download that same cc from some other site (eg. creators website) it works. Im definitly sure there isnt a problem in that cc but somewhere in my computer or in my game installation. So if you or anyone else knows exactly what the cause might be and have a soulution please share it with me.
    Thanks for answering on my questions smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hi @rosemow
    thank you on your advice but i dont think thats the problem, i saw other people using same cc downloaded from TSR and working for them, but its still not working for me. Every time i directly download some cc from TSR it wont work and i get that warning to move that cc from the mods folder, but if i download that same cc from some other site (eg. creators website) it works. Im definitly sure there isnt a problem in that cc but somewhere in my computer or in my game installation. So if you or anyone else knows exactly what the cause might be and have a soulution please share it with me.

Unless you've seen people use that CC on a save since the latest game update, it could now be out of date. The only way to be sure is to test it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow

Hello.
    It may be your anti virus program that is detecting an issue with the cc. Try disabling your internet secuity program for a very short time and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    bunnyhun19bunnyhun19 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having this issue right now with my sims game. It won't start and keeps saying 60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000
  • Options
    bunnyhun19 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue right now with my sims game. It won't start and keeps saying 60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000

Hello.
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    janaesimsjanaesims Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine says it’s unable to start because of a file that i’d already removed
  • Options
    janaesims wrote: »
    Mine says it’s unable to start because of a file that i’d already removed

Hello
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps. Sometimes remants of mods/cc can remain in the caches after they have been removed.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If the issues remain after doing that, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    Alltoowell32Alltoowell32 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.
  • Options
    Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.

Hello @Alltoowell32
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files.
    Then try starting the game with script mods enabled and see if you can do that.
  • Options
    Alltoowell32Alltoowell32 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Alltoowell32 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Alltoowell32
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files.

> Then try starting the game with script mods enabled and see if you can do that.

Yes I've tried all of that. My game works without the mods folder but once I put it back in with script mods enabled, it doesnt work. The only script mods I have are pose player and the teleporter. Which I have never had a problem with until recently. Even when I delete them out of my mods, it crashes unless i disable script mods.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > Alltoowell32 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Alltoowell32
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files.

> Then try starting the game with script mods enabled and see if you can do that.

Yes I've tried all of that. My game works without the mods folder but once I put it back in with script mods enabled, it doesnt work. The only script mods I have are pose player and the teleporter. Which I have never had a problem with until recently. Even when I delete them out of my mods, it crashes unless i disable script mods.

Hello
    Does your game work with the script mods option enabled, but at the same time the whole mods folder on your desktop?
    If it doesn’t, try moving your options or options.ini file from the sims 4 folder to your desktop. Start the game, go to game options and enable cc/mods and script mods. Exit the game. Load the game ( don’t put back your mods yet ) and see if you can launch the game.
  • Options
    ptx4lifeptx4life Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, i have been having the some issue and i have tried moving my mods folder to the desktop and uninstalling the game, even deleting all my mods and still my game won't start. It loads for a few seconds then says Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Users/kaitlyntieman/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Nightcrawler AF Hair SNOW.package

[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ptx4life wrote: »
    Hi, i have been having the some issue and i have tried moving my mods folder to the desktop and uninstalling the game, even deleting all my mods and still my game won't start. It loads for a few seconds then says Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Users/kaitlyntieman/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Nightcrawler plum Hair SNOW.package

Hello @ptx4life
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps

If the issues remain, try moving your whole sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then try loading the game, and see if the issues remain.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

• Options
    I have tried all of those but it still won't open and the same message comes up every time. What else could I try?
  • Options
    I have tried all of those but it still won't open and the same message comes up every time. What else could I try?

Hello @ptx4life
    Try moving your whold sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try loadin the game and see if the message appears.
    If the message doesn’t appear, then exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Test if you can load the game between putting back each of the folders.
  • Options
    I did that too, but the message still comes up
  • Options
    I did that too, but the message still comes up

Have you tried repairing the game? To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    yes multiple times, and closing origin and reopening it
  • Options
    yes multiple times, and closing origin and reopening it

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin, and see if that helps.

If the issues remain after doing that, it may be best to post on the AHQ EA site about your issues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    I have tried uninstalling and shutting down my computer but the message still comes up
  • Options
    I have tried uninstalling and shutting down my computer but the message still comes up

I am sorry that you are having this issue @ptx4life :( It may be best to post on the AHQ EA site about your issues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    dmartindmartin Posts: 1 New Member
    If anyone is still having this problem, I have a fix. I recently moved my game from a Mac to a PC and when I started up the game it said that one piece of cc was corrupted. It turns out that the folder the cc was in was actually “corrupted”. I organize my cc by type so what I had to do was create a new folder and move all of the cc to a new folder. Then I deleted the now empty folder and renamed the new folder. You also have to do this for sub-folders within folders.

1. After seeing the prompt message, Determine the path to the folder with the corrupted mod. I.e ...Sims 4/Mods/MenClothes/jacket.package

2. Make a new folder (you can name it something now or later). Go to the folder with the corrupted cc (ie. MenClothes), highlight, then cut and paste all of the cc in that folder into the newly created folder.

3. Delete the original folder (MenClothes)

4. Repeat for all folders and folders within folders

At first, I would do one folder at a time and then try to start the game, which would then prompt another message about a corrupt mod, but I eventually caught on and just did them all. It took a while but once I moved pretty much everything into new folders, I was able to open the game.
  • Options
    autumn_520autumn_520 Posts: 1 New Member
    so, I've unfortunately came across issues with my sims 4 game due to corrupted files. I'm really hoping someone is able to help me out on this one, since I've tried doing many things in order for my sims to start working again. basically, every time I open my sims 4 game, this message pops up:
    -
    Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a Mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Users/Audi/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/lizardtraitFunkyFurryBowtiesSmallDogs.package.download/lizardtraitFunkyFurryBowtiesSmallDogs.package

-
    I'm extremely sad right now due to the fact I've tried everything. I've tried re-installing the game (which made me lose all of my progress) , I've tried updating & repairing my game, and i've even looked through all of my cc in the mod folder. when I was looking through my mod folder, I came across the following file that was corrupting my game. after spotting the file, i immideatly dragged it to my trash can. and just incase you were wondering, I'm on a macbook. I'm really looking forward to anyone that is able to help me at the moment because I'm very upset about this issue. if you could help, thanks. :/