Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 unable to start

_Queening79_Queening79 Posts: 8 New Member
If anyone has the solution to this problem please do reply below.

So last night I went onto the options section ( on Sims 4) and on the settings I switch the mods on, because I wanted to download some CC. So then I had to restart the game for the changes to take place. However when I pressed play on the sims 4 a notification comes up saying "unable to start, cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mode please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin." :s

It also shows the link of the file that is supposedly corrupted but i have checked all my folders and I can't find the CC that is supposedly corrupted.
I have repaired my game on origin, uninstalled it and installed it back again,checked the system for any possible updates, I downloaded CCleaner and had it analyse and clean any bugs but still whenever I press play the error notification comes up and I cant go onto The Sims 4.

I have had CC previously but it caused the same problems so I just didn't play Sims for a while and it just started working fine (don't know what triggered this). Since then I have never considered having CC in my game until last night when I turned mods on. I hadn't downloaded CC I just turned mods on and restarted my game and now there's this error that wont let me onto the game. :'(

So if anyone knows how to switch off mods whilst not on the game, please could you share your solution it would really mean a lot. :)

Comments

• _Queening79_Queening79 Posts: 8 New Member
    I was trying to post a screenshot of the error but i can't find an option on how to so i'll just text it below.

"unable to start, cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mode please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin."

C:Users/Lauryn/Documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 4/Mods/~$ntiklia_-_Hair_s34_Dayana.package

[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

That's all it says...
    I have checked folders and files on my laptop and most of the CC is in the bin and I can't find this specific CC either " $ntiklia_-_Hair_s34_Dayana.package"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello.
    Try emptying the recycling bin so that no cc is left there.
    Do you have any cc /mods in your mods folder?
    If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    checked and there aren't any mods/CC in my folders and I have just cleaned the recycled bin via CCleaner because for some reason I can't find my recycle bin on my desktop.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try to start the game, and if you can start the game a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
    Don't add back the old mods folder.
    Then test again if you can start the game.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    U can move the mods folder to ur desktop then it should work
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    Thanks i'll try that.
    edited June 2016
    Thanks i'll try that.

I hope that resetting the sims 4 folder helps your issue. If you can start the game by doing that, don't add back the old mods folder.
    Omg thankyou so much for the hel <3 p, by putting the mods folder on my desktop my game is now working, I'm like so grateful to you guys for your help!!! :D:D<3
    yeah me too especially since a new stuff pack just came out !
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I'm glad ur game works now
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    yeah me too especially since a new stuff pack just came out !

I hope that you enjoy having the new stuff pack items in your game :) Happy simming!
  • blacklavouxblacklavoux Posts: 2 New Member
    Please tell me what this means?
    This happens after I downloaded lots of Mods and Lots. I put the package files in Mods folder and bpi, blueprint, householdbinary, trayitem, hhi files in Tray folder, just like what I read in a forum somewhere.

Before I put anything in Tray folder, the sims 4 could play like the usual.
    Then now it says 'Unable To Start. Initialization Error at start up. (and then a bunch of numbers here)'.

Now, I've been reading somewhere that I should delete localthumbcache.package, which still not working.
    I've read that I should delete all files that I've been download to Tray folder, but before I download from Mods, there are already files in that folder. What to do?
    I've read that I should delete cache files. I think it's not going to work, because I think the problem is somewhere in the Mods and Tray folder. One of those Mods download is making my game error.

How on earth, I don't have time to try one per one file to delete, and see if I could run the sims. That's just not convenience.

Help? Thanks.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Do you know where you downloaded the house from and what the name is? So I could take a look.
    Please tell me what this means?
    This happens after I downloaded lots of Mods and Lots. I put the package files in Mods folder and bpi, blueprint, householdbinary, trayitem, hhi files in Tray folder, just like what I read in a forum somewhere.

Before I put anything in Tray folder, the sims 4 could play like the usual.
    Then now it says 'Unable To Start. Initialization Error at start up. (and then a bunch of numbers here)'.

Now, I've been reading somewhere that I should delete localthumbcache.package, which still not working.
    I've read that I should delete all files that I've been download to Tray folder, but before I download from Mods, there are already files in that folder. What to do?
    I've read that I should delete cache files. I think it's not going to work, because I think the problem is somewhere in the Mods and Tray folder. One of those Mods download is making my game error.

How on earth, I don't have time to try one per one file to delete, and see if I could run the sims. That's just not convenience.

Help? Thanks.

Hello @blacklavoux .
    This link refers to your issue. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and see if that helps your issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Do you know where you downloaded the house from and what the name is? So I could take a look.

I just wanted to add to this also check the CC you downloaded as I have gotten this same message when I have accidentally put sims 3 package files in my sims 4 mods folder.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I have checked folders and files on my laptop and most of the CC is in the bin and I can't find this specific CC either " $ntiklia_-_Hair_s34_Dayana.package"

In case you still have the stuff from your mods folder the file name is Sintiklia_hair_s34_Dayana.package
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• SimsTooLit306SimsTooLit306 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="_Queening79;c-14963310"]Omg thankyou so much for the hel <3 p, by putting the mods folder on my desktop my game is now working, I'm like so grateful to you guys for your help!!! :D :D <3 [/quote]

How did you do it because im having the same problem
  • SimsTooLit306SimsTooLit306 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="ChloeDeCookie;c-14962136"]U can move the mods folder to ur desktop then it should work[/quote]

So i have mods in my folder and its the same thing and i really wanna play the sims rn help
  • NiamiahNiamiah Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry to hijack the post, but I made an account to get some help and I can't even start a discussion. My game won't load at all. It pops up, does the opening credits, but when it says "Sims 4" it just never moves from this screen. I JUST had an update, so I'm assuming it was my mods and CC that produced the error. But I can't get into the game to turn CC off. When it freezes, it locks up my whole computer. I can CTRL+ALT+DEL but when I select Task Manager, it won't open. It just changes the screen to a white, blank page. Any suggestions there?
    Niamiah wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the post, but I made an account to get some help and I can't even start a discussion. My game won't load at all. It pops up, does the opening credits, but when it says "Sims 4" it just never moves from this screen. I JUST had an update, so I'm assuming it was my mods and CC that produced the error. But I can't get into the game to turn CC off. When it freezes, it locks up my whole computer. I can CTRL+ALT+DEL but when I select Task Manager, it won't open. It just changes the screen to a white, blank page. Any suggestions there?

Hello @Niamiah
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• NiamiahNiamiah Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Niamiah wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry to hijack the post, but I made an account to get some help and I can't even start a discussion. My game won't load at all. It pops up, does the opening credits, but when it says "Sims 4" it just never moves from this screen. I JUST had an update, so I'm assuming it was my mods and CC that produced the error. But I can't get into the game to turn CC off. When it freezes, it locks up my whole computer. I can CTRL+ALT+DEL but when I select Task Manager, it won't open. It just changes the screen to a white, blank page. Any suggestions there?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Niamiah
    > Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thank you. I figured that would probably fix it but I was lazy and didn't want to put that much effort into it. I had downloaded about 400 mods since the last time I played the game so I had to sort through all of them. Never found the specific corrupted file, but I removed about 15 mods and it works, so I'm just gonna stick with it. Took about 4 hours to find which batch had the mod in it that needed to be removed, so close enough. Thanks again.
    Niamiah wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Niamiah wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry to hijack the post, but I made an account to get some help and I can't even start a discussion. My game won't load at all. It pops up, does the opening credits, but when it says "Sims 4" it just never moves from this screen. I JUST had an update, so I'm assuming it was my mods and CC that produced the error. But I can't get into the game to turn CC off. When it freezes, it locks up my whole computer. I can CTRL+ALT+DEL but when I select Task Manager, it won't open. It just changes the screen to a white, blank page. Any suggestions there?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Niamiah
    > Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thank you. I figured that would probably fix it but I was lazy and didn't want to put that much effort into it. I had downloaded about 400 mods since the last time I played the game so I had to sort through all of them. Never found the specific corrupted file, but I removed about 15 mods and it works, so I'm just gonna stick with it. Took about 4 hours to find which batch had the mod in it that needed to be removed, so close enough. Thanks again.

You're welcome :)