Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a trick to this?

Not sure it's a bug or not but my sims cannot have a picnic in peace! This has happened twice now. They'll BBQ, sit to eat and chat, only to have townies come and literally take the plate that's in front of them! Hey, I was eating that! I could possibly deal with them helping themselves to the actual serving plate but it's a bit annoying when I'm filming or taking screenshots and this crap happens... :neutral: Again, it's the plate my sims are eating off of. Right now I'm just fending townies off by constantly telling them to Just Go Away! lol

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Rodents, that's what they are. They home in on food.

I ordered pizza and the pizza girl was mugged on the way.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    How rude is that! I would make sure those townies died a slow and painful death. Preferably of starvation. That would teach them for stealing other sims food. Or maybe simnap them and turn them into slaves who have to cook meals for your sims and then stand and watch them eat without getting any of it for themselves.

Nobody ever dares to steal my sims food.
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Oh my, thats Hilarious! can't say I've ever had townies steal food that was currently being eaten by another sim.
    My solution, hit 'em with the freeze ray, and if they keep doing it, perhaps it's time to invite them to a pool party with no ladders. >:)
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Oh my, thats Hilarious! can't say I've ever had townies steal food that was currently being eaten by another sim.
    My solution, hit 'em with the freeze ray, and if they keep doing it, perhaps it's time to invite them to a pool party with no ladders. >:)

It is not currently being eaten by the sim, as in, my sim is not chewing when it happens. But my sim is not finished eating, either! They just pause a moment to talk and the same townie has come and stolen their plate of the table. So annoying!
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    It is not currently being eaten by the sim, as in, my sim is not chewing when it happens. But my sim is not finished eating, either! They just pause a moment to talk and the same townie has come and stolen their plate of the table. So annoying!

That's what I assumed was happening, but it definitely shouldn't be happening in the first place. Bug Maybe?
  • Options

That's what I assumed was happening, but it definitely shouldn't be happening in the first place. Bug Maybe?

I'm not sure :'( But I got a good laugh out of the pool party with no ladders! Hahah.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    How rude is that! I would make sure those townies died a slow and painful death. Preferably of starvation. That would teach them for stealing other sims food. Or maybe simnap them and turn them into slaves who have to cook meals for your sims and then stand and watch them eat without getting any of it for themselves.

Nobody ever dares to steal my sims food.

I like how you think! :D

OP, I've never had food taken from my sim ever once they start eating. Seems like a bug to me. I've had townie flock to our meals like a pack of vultures, but at least they grab their own plates. I usually let my sims grab their plates then put the leftovers in someone's inventory. As for stealing your simmies food, though... no clue.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    did you say it was the same sim doing this?? maybe if this is so she he is ultra neat freak. and maybe she he thinks the food is no longer edible so needs to be thrown away. I have had this happen a few times in my game, but that wasn't food my sim cooked.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Reminds me of a Story from TS3 forum, guy was playing for tips and the lighthouse guy stole some simoleons from the jar. The player had him fight the lighthouse guy for doing so, didn't get his money back but felt better.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Hmm, I don't really think there's a trick to it really. It happens. :D Maybe try to use the mean interaction "go away" whenever you see them coming by. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I've had townies grab a serving from the main plate and swipe books that my sims haven't finished reading to go put away. It's always so annoying when it happens in one of my own games yet so funny when I read about it happening to others! :s

I tend to get one of my sims to put the main plate into their inventory the minute they have served themselves as that tends to keep the townies away.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    It bothers the crap outta me when my sim orders a drink or coffee and some other sim grabs it. It happens constantly. In fact most of the time my sim is just lucky to get what they ordered. They have to be standing nearby and grab it up quick!
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Haha :D Yeh I do use "Just Go Away" a lot but they are persistent! It was the same townie multiple times during the picnic but I did have one other sim that did it, an older male sim, maybe homeless? I'm not sure...he was dirty and just lurked around. I guess he needed my tofu dog more than my sim did :D
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    It bothers the plum outta me when my sim orders a drink or coffee and some other sim grabs it. It happens constantly. In fact most of the time my sim is just lucky to get what they ordered. They have to be standing nearby and grab it up quick!

This happens to my sims all the time. I hope they fix it, because it's really annoying :s
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

It's not exactly a solution, But there is a cheat to add food poisoning,..Just Saying. :*:#
  • Options
    Food poisoning! :D
  • Options
    Haha :D Yeh I do use "Just Go Away" a lot but they are persistent! It was the same townie multiple times during the picnic but I did have one other sim that did it, an older male sim, maybe homeless? I'm not sure...he was dirty and just lurked around. I guess he needed my tofu dog more than my sim did :D

next time delete the bothersome sim.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options

I did actually try to delete the townie from first offense but only had the Object Reset option.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My sims are doing the same: When I see an unattended glass or plate I grab it. I mean, if the owner minded me taking it, he'd kept it under a more tight surveillance, right ;)
    I would not mind strangers grabbing a plate if they took it far, far away with them. The annoying part is the gate crashing. It's extremeley hard to keep a family-only or friends-only event private.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I did actually try to delete the townie from first offense but only had the Object Reset option.

if you use cheats you can send to CAS and delete or MCCC has a delete sim button or kill sim button or a make leave button
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options

if you use cheats you can send to CAS and delete or MCCC has a delete sim button or kill sim button or a make leave button

Did not think about CAS!