Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Story] White Lies and Half Truths [on Hiatus]

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    It'd be really weird if I didn't say anything today considering that my story's about a single dad. LOL.
    bVKWMaJ.png

No story short today since I've been busy--Though maybe I'd get around to it? I'm not too sure. I'm writing several things at once, haha :joy:

My Chapter overhaul is now finished, and everything has been sorted into parts. For more details about it, I've made a short blog post here regarding it.
    Everything now links to its respective directory. Any thoughts on the new layout would be appreciated :)
    Chapter 15 is coming along smoothly.

Until next time, thank you for keeping up with White Lies and Half Truths :)
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    So I had found this a long time ago and read the prologue and got distracted and never found it again until yesterday afternoon (and finished yesterday night.......). Let me tell you, I was hooked! What phenomenal story telling! The photos add SO much and are so beautifully done, and each little plot twist and new connection keeps me so entranced - I can't wait to see more :)
    23uvol1.jpg
    Aww, thank you, @Evergreen226! I'm happy you enjoy it so far :)
    There's definitely more to come--What I have currently is just the tip of the iceberg ;)
    White Lies and Half Truths officially turns one year old today :)
    GtnOck5.png
    How unfortunate, I'm not even halfway to the end yet

Here's a blog post on some behind-the-scenes stuff on a look back on what that whole year entailed--Though it is spoilery if you're not caught up.

Chapter 15 is still in the works. Hopefully when I finish, I can start releasing them as parts and I'll have that sweet update schedule I crave. :joy:

Until next time, thank you for keeping up with White Lies and Half Truths :)
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Happy One Year Anniversary! I'd like to say and many more but then we'd never get to the end! :D<3
    Yikes, it's been like 2 months since my last update!

If anyone was curious, I was finishing up Finals in my summer classes the bulk of last month and trying to get some important things in for ~schoolio~
    I finally got some free time when my classes ended a few days ago, but I ended up heading off to my Wi-Fi-less summer home and uh, I did get some writing done but I couldn't do any screenshots since my craptop can't handle games... :joy: I was supposed to post the first part of Chapter 15 yesterday! ...Or was it the day before? I'm starting to forget what day it is now that I'm staying inside more often hehehehehehe

So yeah, unfortunately I got sidetracked with some things. I think I'll be able to post it later today or tomorrow. I sort of underestimated how many poses I was going to make and how many last minute edits I was going to do LOL.

After my initial posting of Part 1, my pretend scheduled updates will start every Tuesday and uh Friday. (Yay!! Schedule!!) But it's uh... It'll all be Chapter 15.
    Which has 14 parts. So this should last me enough time to write the next chapter in between before my other classes begin in the Fall
    The last 2 parts are slightly longer. But not my usual, billions of words long type of "longer" but like 700ish. It'll probably change since I'm still fiddling with a few parts of dialogue I'm unhappy with.

For now, have another bad Murphy pun while I get everything sorted LOL.
    "..."

mfHcNdK.png

"When you said you wanted to go to the pool, I didn't expect you meant a kiddie pool… In my backyard."

TBikqv1.png

"Well, you see, Maevey…"

FlKDeOR.png

"This kiddie pool is a metaphor for love…"

JI8KxGK.png

"…And I am in it."
    "Are you serious right now?"
    "I always am."

iNpXfNp.png

...I'm not sure if I actually posted the first one here but
    well this was one of them :joy:
    edited August 2017
    Hope you did well on your summer finals! A 14 part Chapter I love it! <3 your chapters never disappoint so I'll be waiting! Hahaha Oh Murphy you dork! Don't ever change! :D Also you're really good at custom poses must take a lot of work and paitence!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    xD Murphy is indeed a huge dork, and he's so great lol
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    I did very well actually! As all around B) Thanks for asking @WitcHazard!
    And poses aren't really that tough after a while, just ones with lots of sims. Work? No... Patience? Yes. :joy: I get so sad when it doesn't turn out the way I wanted them to so back and forth into Blender is what I gotta do :joy:

Hehe, yes, he is a dork. Who even goes out of their way to get a kiddie pool to set up a joke like this? Murphy, that's who :joy:
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I'm a Murphy fangirl, so that pun is fantastic.

Can't wait for your update! (Also hope your exams went well!)
    Did someone say "I bet Cement is totally gonna miss uploading the part today haha," because I'm here to prove you wrong, fair citizen!!

I mean, I am sort of late-ish since I wanted to post uhh at 12PM but it's like two hours after that 'cause I was supposed to be somewhere... LOL
    Anyway... Part summary time. :^)

Part 1: Someone’s Secret I

Santo assesses the situation, trying to figure out who could be responsible for the murders of Royce and Hae-ju Kearney.

vz6SBhW.png

Maybe I'll resize this picture later. Maybe.

Starting with this post, Chapter 15 will be updating every Tuesday and Friday.

Hopefully this uploading schedule will continue onto Chapter 16 as well. I think it’s possible so far. I’ve already got an idea on how to write Chapter 16 so hopefully, I’ll be speedy enough. If not, there’d probably be a break in between and it would start all over again.

Since I’m having them all in their own separate posts, I decided on making subtitles for each part. …But since I’m not that creative at the moment (and some of them are just short), some will have the same subtitle I guess.
    This one is actually a little short. But it's enough premise for Tuesday, which has a whole lot of my favorite type of screenshots if you know what I mean. Hehehe

Until Tuesday. :)

And I'm also getting pulled off my computer 'cause I actually have to go now hahaha
    Wow @Cement trying to commit to six and half weeks of straight content the world truly is good! o:)
    :sunglasses: I'm still going strong guys, LOL

Part 2: Someone's Secret II

Santo recalls his first memory of Daniel Harvey.

CHLb5EL.png

In one of my reading circles, we were talking about smushes, or sim crushes. I admitted that I thought Hector was pretty photogenic tbh ;) ...But he still looks as intimidating as a bunny to me :sob: I mean, c'mon
    f917b98e21ebdd68ce641f217ac939f9.png
    He looks like the kinda dude that still giggles when people say the word "poo" smh
    You can't even see his wrinkly wrinkles but it's okay I guess.
    I guess.

Somewhat related, I was doing some really tough brainstorming this chapter while I was editing some of the parts to flow better. Needless to say, there's too many small details in this chapter too. I swear Santo's memory of Daniel won't last long.
    I mean, psh, he killed him so I guess that says something about how long they've talked :joy:

I think Chapter 15 so far has the most poses I've done per sim. There's like 70 something poses in that pose pack, not counting the ones I reused from past chapters. Fun fact? :joy: Maybe I had another chapter that did more. I have no memory of any of this

As always, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and until next time :)
    ...Er, I mean Friday. Until Friday. :joy:
    Part 3: Someone's Secret III

Santo's angry, younger, teenage self from long ago thinks about the events leading up to the death of Daniel Harvey.

8ppraKH.png

Get a load of my creative subtitles
    Stay tuned for "Someone's Secret IV" and "Someone's Secret V"
    Wow, "Someone's Secret V" sounds really, really inappropriate if you don't read it as "five." Or is it because my brain is always in the gutter? Maybe I'm low-key calling Santo a certain something
    hahahaha rekt

I was wondering which screenshot to use between the one I decided to use or this one with Hector.
    ZpAYDiE.png
    Obviously I shouldn't use the one with Hector since it's supposed to be Santo's memory...
    But I felt the need to use it because I like ol' Heckles the loan shark, despite how extremely minor his role is and that his existence kinda sorta doesn't matter since he's only there for the whole backstory thing.

Yeah...

I had fun doing the next part a bit more since it reveals a few things. But it's really long somehow. Not my millions-of-words long, but er, 1k. I think I might have to omit some more things, or maybe rewrite it. I dunno.

There are a few narratives I wanted to write for the next part, just so I'd have something to link to in the actual part for some extra reading bits for the curious. I don't want to really delve into Santo and Daniel's whole life in my actual story since it'll seriously derail my initial plot :joy:
    I'm sorry for having complicated characters with complicated storylines that I want to expose, even when it's not necessary :sob:

White Lies and Half Truths is still a heartwarming(?) story with murder about Lyle and a trash baby.
    I swear.

:joy:
    Until Tuesday :)
    Part 4: Someone's Secret IV*

Santo has a talk with his older sister about his friend’s possible reason for kidnapping Frannie during Daniel’s interrogationβ€”But are they actual reasons, or just excuses?

*Warning: Graphic Image

Vsyeojx.png

My first ever chapter/part with a warning...
    I always thought my first warning was going to be about a suggestive image, but I guess not. :/ The warning's for a little bit of gore.

This part's also pretty long and I didn't really cut it into two since it's only long because of dialogue (plus it'd be kinda weird for it to pick up where it left off if I were to cut it straight down the middle.) It has a bit of background on Santo's family history and ties in a little with what Daniel talked about in Chapter 14.
    But don't worry, I'm not going to expand on them and drag things out even more. I only made it a bit wordy because I was too lazy to write a few narratives. ;):joy:
    Here's also a labeled family photo of Santo's family for a little clarification if you like. And for the curious, if you're interested in his family anyway LOL.
    jBgxHoI.png
    This was one of his "family photos" he had in his house that I thought was going to be in the background at some point, but it ended up not so...
    Wasted effort? Maybe not so wasted since I'm using it like this LOL
    I do love making family photos... :^)

This flashback inside a flashback is going to end soon! It'll be back to the not-present (thank God) and a new subtitle. I didn't think I'd have three levels of depth. Things have changed, huh?

Until Friday <3
    Chapter 15 [Part 5]: Man in The Chair

With last minute thoughts of regret, Santo pushes away his guilty feelings as he makes a decision: While loosely keeping a promise.

kQzCcLl.png

Hey guys! I was a bit preoccupied earlier today so I wasn't able to update this topic when my blog updated. Here's part 5 of Chapter 15! It's another long-ish one, but Santo's little flashback about Daniel is over. Back to older Santo and Missy in the next. :) Hopefully this explains a little bit more on how Santo got to where he is!
    I wasn't able to really work the kinks out since the past few days I had to use my craptop instead of my PC. :s My craptop's called a craptop for a reason, haha...

As you can see... I scrapped the subtitle of "Someone's Secret V" because I don't like it. :^) :joy:

I also realized I didn't make my posts with "Chapter 15" labeled on them on the forum, so I'll be changing that from now on. :)

I also have orientation for my classes next week. A little excited about that. I recently bought a new ID holder in the shape of a frog... It's really cute and I really want to use it, so... I think that's the only thing that's making me excited since I'm pretty indifferent with school. I am a simple child The only downside is that I broke my ID so I'm going to have to get a replacement, or maybe I'll just do some really bad looking repair job on it (which is probably what I am going to do). :smirk:
    I may be a little more inactive when they start, but I'll still be writing. :)
    I've been working on Chapter 16 and trying to solidify someone's role in my story, as well as trying to amend certain relationship pairings to see if they have enough substance to even make them a viable pair. ...I think it's weird I even have Romance as a genre when this silly story of mine barely has any... :joy:

What genre even is my story anymore?
    Man I wish the forums had a thinking emoji
    Chapter 15 [Part 6]: Someone Lost, Someone Found
    Santo recounts his memory of the last time he saw his sister and her lover.

v0H18Kc.png

"But Cement, that's a coffee mug!"

Yeah. The other ones are a little spoilery. ...And I didn't wanna use any more flashback-within-a-flashback pictures to show this is out of memory lane, even though the little summary seems to tell otherwise... LOL

Sorry for the late post! I forgot about taking a few screenshots over the weekend so it'd be ready, and I started school again this week. Oh yeah, funnily enough, I had to renew my ID so I ended up getting a replacement anyway. In the end, I got to use my neato froggy hehehehehehe

I also missed the eclipse because of school too. Booo
    Chapter 15 [Part 7]: The Boy in The Photo

Missy inquires about the photograph, pegging Santo to tell her about a job he regrets taking.

jRNdnaZ.png

I'm finally home so I can update my little thread here, LOL.

I didn't know what picture to use since I didn't favor one over the other, so I asked my brother to pick a number between 1 and 6. He said 3. And that’s where you get the picture of Santo shrugging. :^)...

I wished this part had more to explain… But I decided that keeping Santo’s thoughts on Lyle all on one part would be better. (So that's in the part that will be released on Tuesday!)
    Starting from Chapter 10 where Child Joseph discovers Baby Danna’s existence is around where this chapter takes place (which includes Chapter 14 as well).
    Putting this out there since it caused a little bit of confusion here (woopsies, my fault!)

It’s a little messy, but I think I can draw up a visual timeline sometime to help things be a little clearer someday. I love making
    little info thingies and procrastinating on things I should be doing so I’ll update this with a link to it when I do it hehehehehe
    Before you say "aha, I knew it!" I'm going to come out and say that I tried though... LOL :joy:

If you haven't seen my post on my bloggo that explains what's going on, the TLDR version is that school is really eating up my time. But I'm confident I'll be able to figure out how to manage my time in a way where I could actually have more time to myself :#

Things have really been up and down the past week and this one too, so I hope my short hiatus will hopefully give me enough time to figure things out.

For now, here's that missing Murphy pun I mentioned. :joy:
    "What are you writing there?"
    "I'm writing a to-do list for the next time I come over."

nrmPq0T.png

"Let me see that. Maybe I can help with... Some..."

ugLcIm7.png

"What is this?"
    "It's a To-Do list."
    "The only thing you wrote here is my name."

ocWLjSh.png

"I know what I wrote." :smirk:
    "...Dang it, Murphy. I thought you were writing something important!"

VqfXu9D.png
    Don't worry about it school comes first! Loved the Murphy pun! Perfect joke total waste of paper thoug! :D
    Just dropping by my very dead, very sad story topic to drop a note that my hiatus is finally over so I could panic and actually finish proofreading part 8
    I might try to update 3x a week in order to finish up Chapter 15 and start shooting screenshots for Chapter 16, which is currently an odd mash of several side bits I wrote a thousand years ago and whatever I wrote in between crying and studying during this semester ;):) Chapter 16 also brings us all back to the present, which I'm sure everyone wants to be in by now and not in Santo's flashback-in-a-flashback memories of whining. :joy:

I also recently saw Coco once winter break started, and had some extreme small child on guitar feelings so here's child Lyle (or Peter, rather) on guitar as a cute little intermission shot hahaha

ZL0daUR.png

why can't kids play guitar in game

I've also been working on my other extremely neglected story (which is a pretty bad move from me tbh) whenever I'm not feelin' very White Lies, but ironically I'm too lazy to take screenshots for that story even though I've been faithfully writing it... :joy:
    Also because I'm not sure what kind of gif banner I wanna make to include it when I do get off my uh bottom and update that.

See ya guise tomorrow ;)
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! <3<3<3
    Chapter 15 [Part 8]: The Spoiled Son

Santo tells Missy about the acquaintance he knew and their unusual son.

SclxeCt.png

So I got my morning stuff over with so I could post this update on this thread. :^)
    I think I got some time to try and do a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday update schedule. ...But if I don't update on Thursday, that probably means I'm just going to do the Tuesday/Friday thing again, haha.
    I was really excited for this part before my hiatus because (1) it gives insight on Lyle/Peter's past and (2) have you seen how cute he is ?????/ how this awkward chapter sorta ties him and Santo into this mess.
    Originally, both Lyle/Peter and Santo's backstory had a lot more relevance than it does now, but I watered it down because things were getting way too complicated than it should be.

Too much thenk not good

I also had a lot of fun expanding my blender knowledge during some downtime, so I'm slowly figuring out little things like converting small items as accessory items for poses. I still gotta work on textures since I'm too lazy to fiddle with UV maps too much to change the original shape for items, but otherwise, I think I get it.
    I'm also planning on setting up a regular tumblr blog to upload various poses I made for others as well as a few randoms I made for fun, so hopefully I can expand on pose requests and all that when I have that set up.

And as always, thank you for reading and see ya guys on Thursday or Friday, I'm still thinking about it for part 9 :)<3
    edited December 2017
    Chapter 15 [Part 9]: A Helpful Woman

Santo explains Julian’s noncompliance with his search for Peter.

*Warning: Graphic Image

7nSflfp.png

*jiggles eyebrows*
    ~graphic image warning~ ;) This is also for gore since it shows a wound. Someday I'll have a graphic image warning for something saucy. Someday.
    I'm actually surprised I finished this on time. But it was at the cost of my sanity because I'm kind of tired and hungry, so I'll just be going now to eat breakfast

in bed

so I could immediately sleep afterward

*fixed a typo I realized after two days haha woops
    Post edited by Cement on
    Chapter 15 [Part 10]: My Meticulous Brother

Santo and Missy continue their talk when a stranger interrupts their conversation.

Rdf6ERY.png

It's Christmas Eve-Eve and I am hyped for Christmas

As for my story, it's getting to the part of the chapter that I super duper like-like so I'm pretty pumped for that too. I might swing by on Christmas to post a holiday picture.

Or tomorrow on Christmas Eve if I'm not busy.
    Hahaha

Until Tuesday, thank you for reading <3