Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Story] White Lies and Half Truths [on Hiatus]

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Porter Braun! Omg! That hair! That face!

:love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @pammiechick
    ๐Ÿ‘€ ;)
    2a23c78667b854abaecfb2c1cfe1d522.png

Playing straight through the acting career was pretty fun with him though, ngl
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    OMG!

Are you trying to kill me, woman?

But I thank you nonetheless. :mrgreen::love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    From one Audrey to another - You really need some cough drops! :joy:
  • Options
    Pls send cough drops
    I like those tropical flavored halls ones

Chapter 18 [Part 4]: A Part of Me
    Going through the motions of the day, Stacy does a quick favor that leaves her with a question.

Fay6Lss.png

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Lyle gets around doesn't he! Like @AudreyFld said now to see Danna and see how his new marriage is going. :)
  • Options
    my internet died last night sry

at least it's on the same day

(hehe)

Chapter 18 [Part 5]: His Secret Wife
    Stacy, Ember, and Davin probe Lyle for clues about his supposed wife Roger mentioned earlier.

izKaMva.png

if you're wondering
    no one is
    about the frog on Lyle's phone:
    "The Table Mountain ghost frog (or Roseโ€™s ghost frog โ€“ Heleophrynidae rosei) is a focal EDGE amphibian, and is named so because it is only found on Table Mountain in Cape Town, occupying an area of only 7-8 km sq. The โ€˜ghostโ€™ part of their common name might have come about due to their occurrence in the Skeleton gorge hiking trail on Table Mountainโ€™s eastern slopes. The closest ancestors of Roseโ€™s ghost frog are the most ancient members of the suborder Neobatrachia, which contain all the modern frogs and toads.

They diverged from their closest ancestors over 160 million years ago, and now the Heleophrynidae family of ghost frogs have only six species that exist today. Adult Table Mountain ghost frogs have strikingly coloured skins of pale green with purple or red blotches. The Table Mountain ghost frog has a flat, compressible body that enables it to hide in narrow rock crevices during the day when it is inactive. The ghost frogs inhabit mountain streams within their distribution, and have morphological adaptation suited to surviving on the rocks around these streams. As adults are frequently also found in caves, they have been called a โ€˜trogloxeneโ€™ species, as it is assumed that they use caves for part of their lifecycle.

Ghost frogs have highly webbed feet as an adaptation for strong swimming, but strangely, out of the water they are unable to jump very well. Table Mountain ghost frogs have unusually large suckers on their toes that help them to cling onto rocks. When sexually mature, both males and females develop spines on their bodies that lock them together during mating. Their tadpoles possess sucker-like mouthparts, which are used to feed on algae and allow them to grip on hard surfaces in fast flowing streams, also using their mouths to climb up out of streams at night.

The Table Mountain ghost frog must have a year-round water supply to support the long development of tadpoles. Ghost frog individuals have only been recorded in wet fynbos areas with rainfall of about 600mm/year, and at altitudes of 240-1,060 metres above sea level. Unfortunately, Roseโ€™s ghost frogs are elusive and appear to be declining: it is estimated that the number of tadpoles in Skeleton Gorge has decreased by 50% since 1980.

The Table Mountain ghost frog is listed as Critically Endangered in the IUCN Red List. The range of the ghost frog is so small that factors like disease or invasive species make them particularly vulnerable. The main threats to the Table Mountain ghost frog are the spread of alien vegetation, frequent fires, and the construction of dams on the mountain, which stop water flow into the streams where they live. One of the most deadly fungal diseases in amphibians, chytridiomycosis, has been found in some populations of the ghost frog in recent years, and as these frogs have already become locally extinct in some areas of Table Mountain, this could be a death knoll for the rest.

The maintenance of the ghost frogsโ€™ remaining breeding and non-breeding habitat is essential, such as creating native vegetation buffer zones to increase habitat quality. As with many other EDGE species, there is also a need for survey work to search for any more frogs and monitoring current populations and disease outbreaks. Moving individual Table Mountain ghost frogs may help them recover in other areas, and possibly a captive breeding programme can supplement these efforts."

Gray, C. (2018, April 10). Species of the Week: Table Mountain Ghost Frog.

take it as omitted lyle dialogue, don't get him excited 2 talk about frogs bc u finna sit there for a nice hour n a half of him babbling off frog facts
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Wow I feel so educated today, ty
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    I will post here since it seems WP ate TWO of my posts! Grrr. Anyway.....
    Sooo. I hate hate hate locking my phone so I can identify with Lyle/whatever-his-other-name-is. So yes.... I remember his frogs from when Danna was a trash can babe....

And my next question is - why does Stacy look like Maeve - is that for Murphy's benefit? :D
  • Options
    Yeah @AudreyFld I thought that Stacy and Maeve looked very similar. Are they long lost sisters? With this story I wouldn't doubt it. Thank you @Cement for the lesson on frogs! ๐Ÿธ
  • Options
    @haswh wrote: ยป
    Yeah @AudreyFld I thought that Stacy and Maeve looked very similar. Are they long lost sisters? With this story I wouldn't doubt it. Thank you @Cement for the lesson on frogs! ๐Ÿธ

You KNOW they have to be! Right! :joy:
  • Options
    @LadyLobster yw, anything 4 wife, even if it is frog facts
    brought 2 urs truly, love lyle

@AudreyFld @haswh
    Glad the weird WP post oddities cleared up LOL And yes, Lyle's still a frogman... ๐Ÿธ
    Do they look that similar? :scream: Murphy's type is basically just brunettes who are demanding and work out, as for Lyle... Probably a frog since that's the only other living creature he pays attention to other than Danna

I made a nifty gif--Maybe it's just my angling in screenshots that make them look similar I guess LOL. ...With a shaved/no makeup version for more zoom lolol

j3vBWhd.gifGvgmCns.gif

Stacy has a stronger jaw as well as broad shoulders versus Maeve, who has bigger eyes and lips and a fairly slimmer nose--Their profiles are a lot more different I think, considering Stacy's nose is pretty straight (thanks, Tim) opposed to Maeve's ๐Ÿค”

n7z0tO0.png

Unfortunately, they can't be sisters... Maeve would probably hate having a sister, let alone a sibling in general
    Anyone who can possibly challenge her in achievements in her own household is automatically an enemy, plus what if her dad likes them better than her? She's def prone to jealousy LOL

As for Stacy, it's borderline
    She'll probably be cool with a younger sibling versus an older one since an older one would probably try to keep her straight and a younger one would likely not mind :^)
  • Options
    @Cement - Sending love for taking time to show me they are not related or the same person! <3 They are close enough, that in the sims world, it's sometimes hard to distinguish similar characters at a distance, especially when you haven't seen one in awhile. But thanks for the cool gifs! <3 Multi talented. I have zero idea how to do that!
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    OMG, tfw u find out ur MURPHY'S TYPE.

O

wait, work out, lololloollolol

No.
    /eats a muffin defiantly
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld not a problem! I don't blame you, I think it's hard to tell from a distance with my own sims sometimes too, considering that I have like 50 billion sims running around with black/brown hair LOL
    The true reason why Kate "dyed" her hair red

@WagonFruit tbh u can probably put on a soccer uniform n he'll buy it, or u can lift some fake weights n he'll probably kabedon u

like he do erik
    aJs1784.png
    (kyaa)
  • Options
    Chapter 18 [Part 6]: Wondering
    Stacy thinks about her baby and the name that haunts her.

f9bmt62.png

this is the calm part
    before the storm... part

sorry in advance
  • Options
    Can we crowdsource a new baby daddy for Stacy
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
  • Options
    First thank you so much for the Stacy/Maeve comparison! Clears everything up for me?!? ๐Ÿค”

Poor Stacy though she is lonely and hurt by Murphy too. Details coming soon-ish I hope. :)
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yssss, Connor!

Treat me like u treat ur best friend and cousin :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Hey I wanted to thank you for all the beautiful art you've done of Fangs characters :*

So here is a beautiful art thing of Murphy ????:

th2nrM1.png

A preschooler may or may not have drawn this~
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @haswh haha, no problem :^D
    Details definitely coming soon

Pun not intended

@WagonFruit *kabedons u*
  • Options
    Hey I wanted to thank you for all the beautiful art you've done of Fangs characters :*

th2nrM1.png

Omg u ninja
    Ty i lov it
    Is like art of me
    Bc im murphy wow is me

Him on his way 2 solve some mysteries
  • Options
    I should've given him a magnifying glass sorry
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options

th2nrM1.png

Murphy! Iโ€™d recognize that mug anywhere! :D