Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Story] White Lies and Half Truths [on Hiatus]

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Your story is always well detailed and it's ok I'm trying to finish a fifteen paged term paper due tomorrow but I still made time to read your update. Don't worry about the hiatus too much your chapters are long and packed with enough info to keep one intrigued! Good luck on your finals and projects I'm sure we both need it! :D
    LOL thank you :sob:
    Good luck to you too! Hope you finish your paper smoothly! :)
    edited January 2017
    Hey there! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a safe new years celebration. :) Here's Chapter 10! Can I pretend my New Years Resolution is to actually stick to a schedule?
    Here we have the wrap up to the gosh long flashback and a step back into the present.
    l1dfRSE.png
    I came back around the 17th-18th of December and started working on this. Ironing out the kinks was a little hard since I didn't know what to say for a few things. There was a huge omitted part of this chapter that was so steamy I had to shut my heater off. Just kidding, it wasn't that intense LOL. (It was a bit much to have me consider picking out a nice font for a "18+" tag, though.) It didn't fit well with the rest of the chapter, so in the bin it goes. Maybe I'll pull it out in some later chapter. I wrote some pretty weird stuff, huh? ...:joy:

Oh yeah, I wanted to add; I tried putting more pictures on this one to cut back on text for a bit, since writing romance scenes make me blush. I am a child send help I need an adult Also because I took a lot because I'm fond of Joseph's face. LOL.
    He's so cute, see?
    QEXnc1E.png

And I noticed that I apparently updated the OP and my chapter post within 12 hours of each other. :joy:
    ebff0a89a50e24586e7398105a901bda.png
    God I sleep too much.

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful bunday. (Er... For those whose day today is Sunday. If you live in the future, it might not be Sunday anymore, so it'd just be a regular day and that pun would go to waste... I can't think of these things well enough! :s)
    22I3Bfh.gif
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Aw I love bunnies!
    How did he get in their house?
    Yay we're in the present again!
    Aw I love bunnies!
    How did he get in their house?
    Yay we're in the present again!

Same! <3

He broke in, of course :smirk:
    edited January 2017
    So he just randomly breaks into the house of his father's mistress? How would he even know where they lived?
    So he just randomly breaks into the house of his father's mistress? How would he even know where they lived?

That's the basis for the next chapter :sob:
    Oh my bad :(
    Here's Chapter 11! Getting into the groove of having a double digit chapter, whew!
    Danna visits Lyle at work and bumps into a familiar face–-Joseph. When Danna mentions her birthday, Joseph remembers an unpleasant memory during a certain birthday of his; Along with something else he doesn’t understand.
    nKQ6jKc.png

I had fun editing these pictures. I really did. LOL.

Here's my post chapter comment that's a little spoilery:
    Originally, Niels didn’t have a little brother, but MCC gave him a REALLY, REALLY, CUTE LITTLE BROTHER in the story save where I do all of this, so I can’t even be mad about it. (I want to be, but once I saw his face I started crying because he was so cute??? I’ve been pretty emotional these days since my sleeping pattern is in flux :sob:)

His brother’s name was “Cole” but I renamed him “Colburn” since I imagine his mom to be into unusual names. Plus, his nickname to me came when I thought about my cousin’s dog, “Cubby.” (…Did I just name this kid after my cousin’s dog…?)
    Anyway, I had to completely rewrite the lunch scene because I wanted him to mention how he felt about his brother. (He was angry when he saw that baby, by the way. LOL.) I started trying to put in a little bit of his brother Colby for the rest of the future chapters, and it fits pretty well so far. His brother’s going to stay as a minor character, though. Too much plot that’s already set in motion.

So, this chapter. My favorite picture to edit is obvious, yes? Bloody fingers Joey.
    My favorite picture overall here is Joseph in a tree. Making poses this time around is so great with S4S Harmony. They fixed the child rig so their wrists don’t get all weird. Fun stuff!
    Niels and Colby! :)
    S84uGzu.png
    mhM52nA.png
    6ein452.png
    b41w4bc.png

70% of the time.

I've also got a couple exams to study for, so next update might be later than expected. As always
    Until then, thank you for reading :)
    edited January 2017
    Poor Joseph witnessing affair. And the scar too how long before all the secrets come out I wonder
    Well I'm glad spending time with Danna makes him happy.
    Neil's brother is so cute!
    Danna I saw that blush can't think of him as a brother I wonder why :D
    Poor Joseph witnessing affair. And the scar too how long before all the secrets come out I wonder
    Well I'm glad spending time with Danna makes him happy.
    Neil's brother is so cute!
    Danna I saw that blush can't think of him as a brother I wonder why :D
    Only time will tell ;)
    And oh yes, I wonder why ;) Hehe :D
    Chapter 12 finally here! As Joseph walks Danna home after the visit to her dad’s workplace, Joseph tries to figure out the weird “memory” he suddenly remembered. Seeing the faint phantom of his past, Joseph tries to come to terms with what he did back then.
    5nOGd01.png

-Digs topic out of grave-
    Hey there kids! I'm back! Hopefully this long chapter makes up for it
    Sorry for being gone the whole of February! Although I was active on the forums as a lurker, that month was like a train wreck! I was pretty much scammed in the “real life” department, where I ended up studying topics for an exam that had absolutely none of the topics I studied in it. (Hahaha… Can’t win every time. :sob:)
    Luckily, I should be more free to post more nowadays.

I'm a little upset I'm going back into the past, but this is the only way. The only way. Now I can quit being so sneaky about certain topics and explain everything what happened.

As always, thank you for reading. :)
    Hey welcome back! Life happens so don't worry about it! I like the when they revisit the past gives characters more depth! Joeseph and Danna are so cute in this chapter! It's a shame they don't know they are actually siblings, but I'm sure it will be revealed in due time :D
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I really love your story! The conversations feel so realistic and I love how detailed your story is. The screenshots and poses are also amazing! Now that it has been revealed that
    Haeju was pregnant with a baby called Danna, the story has become even more mysterious! I wondering what actually happened with his sister that Joseph feels so guilty about. And did he steal Maeve's baby (the other Danna) and leave her where Lyle later found her?? I'm looking forward to finding out more and putting the puzzle pieces together! :)
    Glad to be back, @WitcHazard! I'm just so impatient, I wish I already wrote everything out so I didn't have to go back. I'm happy you're enjoying them, though! That makes me feel better since I wonder if it gets too confusing :s And yes, it'll be revealed in due time :)

I'm happy you're enjoying it so far, @Marmalade27! And thank you for the compliment there on my screenshots. Blender became my best friend after Chapter 2 haha :joy:
    As for your question, it should be revealed in either the next chapter or the one after that ;)
    Chapter 13 is here~ Well, since last night, but I forgot about posting the update on this thread, oopsies
    Sneaking out of the house to find out what happened to his parents, Joseph instead finds out an odd connection between his family and the other woman his father had been seeing.
    k23CbCV.png

I had been busy with Jury duty a while ago so I couldn't post it when I initially thought I would :pensive: I should've left a message here stating the delay, but yikes, the reception there was terrible. Being cooped up in a small room with twelve other people is too much, haha. At least the case was interesting. ...In the beginning. It was a first degree murder, and it was some pretty heavy stuff toward the end.

I had fun taking screenshots for this chapter. Have some cute, squirming Joseph pictures :joy:
    JgC2lND.png
    There's more bigger shots shown in my blog post about it here if you'd like to see :)

Until next time, thank you for keeping up with White Lies and Half Truths :)
    And here I thought I couldn't love Joseph anymore than I already do then you hit me with that adorable toddler face with those chubby cheeks eeeeekkkk! I don't mind the delay your chapters are always a good length and sometimes I have to reread a chapter a couple of times before I understand everything so don't worry about it too much! B)
    edited April 2017
    This isn't a new chapter, this is an optional short! :o
    It's written in Royce's perspective since it's about him, really. One of my reading circles had a thing about posting side stories or anything relating to characters as our weekly discussion. Since it's related to my story, I decided to just put it up here too, just in case if anyone wants to read :P

Royce talks about his dad Daniel Harvey in this, along with Missy and Kelan Kearney. It ends with him as a teenager in this (specifically around 16-17 years old).

I don't know why, but thinking about Royce's dad for Chapter 14 really opened up a lot of holes I had in my story. I swear the "Harvey Homicide" is related, but Daniel's life is a different story that involves a lot of er... Supernatural stuff.

I have a lot of these shorts written about some side characters. I wonder if I should post them someday? I also have a lot of pictures with my families too, but I mostly keep it to twitter or on my profile, haha. Maybe one day I'll compile all of those on a post on my blog. Here's one of my recent ones I liked. :)
    0j7Kbct.png
    (Lyle does play guitar, though. He'd only reached like 7 or so on it, and 8 on piano.)

Chapter 14 is taking me a while, but it's worth it. ...Probably? :joy:

As always, thank you for reading <3:)
    Ooh I like this side story bit you did! Although it made me like Royce a little more I still hate him though, but it was good to see another side of one of your characters! And it ties into story elements so it feels like I'm getting more story while I'm waiting for the next chapter! Don't worry about taking time to make the chapter there always worth the wait! :D<3
    Happy Mother's Day! This was just going to be a little picture spam, but uhh, it ended up being a full fledged short, I guess? ...Minus the words.

I don't think I'll make many wordless stuff since gosh, it sure is a hassle to get creative with these angles. I think my story's pretty family-oriented despite it's dark themes, so it's only right I do a little something for Mother's Day, right? :joy:
    Here's a nice little feel good tidbit about Joseph and Hae-ju.

Yes, yes, something to feed my readers as I slowly work on the next chapter. I'm halfway there anyway ;)

Hope everyone has a nice day, and as always, thank you for reading <3

Actually this one is like "viewing," since it's just 50 screenshots, but I digress
    Even with a wordless chapter it speaks volumes! Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
  • wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    Just caught up, amazing story!
    Chapter 14 is finally here and seen through the eye of the one and only Melissa "Missy" Kearney.

Missy reveals her reasons for hiding things from Joseph, but only to an old friend.
    With this chapter, everyone in my main cast is finally revealed. There shouldn't be any more characters popping up... Well, that's a lie, there's one more person who means something. ...But they're a minor character.
    I hope my large cast isn't confusing. :s

My internet kept fighting me while trying to post the chapter last night, but right now my internet is stable. Hopefully it'll stay that way! This chapter was very fun to make on the screenshotting side... I took a lot and had an absolute ball editing them. The only thing I'm super upset about is this one old man...
    78a0e31f1cdaea103168511a25900bf7.png
    I went out of my way to make a pose for that man for no reason other than for some "background personality." :joy:
    I didn't like any of the screenshots he was in! He's spotted here in the background, but I scrapped this screenshot because I had to completely redraw Daniel's face. The outcome (shown here) made him look kinda funny. Something was off about his face. Is it because I'm terrible at drawing noses? That's probably it.
    9HXFePp.png
    Then there's this shot where newspaper man was shown, but this was an alternate angle of one of the other shots in the story. I liked the one (now displayed as the chapter image) I took before it, so this one was scrapped too.
    kHjv3Lj.png
    There will be a day when newspaper man will show up in a screenshot. ...He'll be dressed the exact same way and be only posed in that fashion, but I'll make sure he's the best background man there. -Shakes fist-

On another note, I've been discussing a bit about chapter length with one of my reading circles and decided to do a chapter overhaul. The chapters will be exactly the same as before, but I'll be cutting them into smaller parts for easy reading. I know I've expressed how uncomfortable I felt about my massive length *childishly giggles because of innuendo* when I've been updating this story, so I'm glad I finally have some sort of way to go about it.
    I still have to figure out a way to make my transitions less odd during the change since they all won't be on one page, but I've got time! There's still a few days left before I have to start classes again. :) The upside of the change is that I'll probably be able to update more frequently--with shorter chapter "parts"--and maybe reach my goals of possibly having a schedule.

Everything will be smooth sailing during the change and I'll leave an update when I've finished--But don't worry about my chapters being fully gone; They'll still be accessed since I've got a plan to work behind the scenes ;)

Until next time, thank you for keeping up with White Lies and Half Truths. :)
    Man all these twist and turns in this story make it one of my best reads! You don't know what's going to happen next! This family man just wow! I don't know why but I still think slightly above Danna Joseph is my favorite character and if he did kill Royce cause I'm still on the fence! That just wow!
    Aww, thank you @WitcHazard <3 Your comments are always so charming to read :)