Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Story] White Lies and Half Truths [on Hiatus]

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    MOOD except it's obviously computer butts (maybe those dusty cooling vents?)

Anyways I demand bread now.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Gotchu
    sourdough-bread-loaf.desktop.jpeg
    Unless you want a different bread :sob:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Cement wrote: »

Gotchu

Nope, check out that crust!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Sooo happy! Does this mean we are going to get a steady supply of Meave and Murphy for awhile and find out HOW dat bebe became garbage? Say yes, say yes! <3 Pretty please and I will bring you bread....
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Speaking of bread, that baguette accessory was the best. Think of all the bread swordfights kids (and childish adults) could have!
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I love a man who shows up at the door with groceries! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I’m with you @pammiechick ! All the love for Murphy... Maeve, not so much... I try to feel bad for her but it breaks my heart to see how she mistreats Murphy and how ungrateful she is towards him! Not even a simple “thank you” for these groceries today.

He deserves better :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Cement You're early? It's not January yet! :open_mouth: I'm kidding...off to go read it now...
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Great chapter! <3
    Murphy's so kind and cares about her and she doesn't even say thank you, how rude!

Gotchu

Nope, check out that crust!

Do you think you would share Trip? I am hungry for bread too! Pretty please?!?! :)o:) I will even throw in lots of spun honey on the side to make it sweeter! <3<3
    Okay. Why is everyone complaining about wanting bread? I guess I'm not complaining 'cause I already ate for tonight. :joy:

I'm not sure how I feel about Maeve. I'll wait and see how she gets separated from Danna first. I feel kinda sorry for her though!
    I’m with you @pammiechick ! All the love for Murphy... Maeve, not so much... I try to feel bad for her but it breaks my heart to see how she mistreats Murphy and how ungrateful she is towards him! Not even a simple “thank you” for these groceries today.

So true!!!! :bawling:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Sooo happy! Does this mean we are going to get a steady supply of Meave and Murphy for awhile and find out HOW dat bebe became garbage? Say yes, say yes! <3 Pretty please and I will bring you bread....
    Yes
    For at least most of the half of this chapter is Maeve and Murphy. As for Danna banana's evolution from becoming clean babby to garbaj babby... Maybe? ;)

Though I wanna say YES because I sure like bread :cold_sweat:
    Speaking of bread, that baguette accessory was the best. Think of all the bread swordfights kids (and childish adults) could have!

unfortunately it's modified bread mesh I made thicker because for some raisin the original bread was like a pencil and lord knows a proper baguette ain't pencil thin, it t h i c c
    :pensive:
    RIP bread pose pacc
    I love a man who shows up at the door with groceries! :love:

Who doesn't :smirk:

People who didn't order groceries in the first place probably, 'cause that'd be really weird :(

haswh wrote: »
    Great chapter! <3
    Murphy's so kind and cares about her and she doesn't even say thank you, how rude!

Aww, a lotta people like Murphy... <3
    Is she truly ungrateful? Yeah, to an extent. LOLOL
    Well, he's been regularly going to her house at this point so him with a bag of groceries shouldn't be something new--But yeah, a thanks would be nice, but Maeve's mean so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Cement You're early? It's not January yet! :open_mouth: I'm kidding...off to go read it now...

omg I know, I'm actually posting in July 2018 instead of July 2019 LOLOL

Okay. Why is everyone complaining about wanting bread? I guess I'm not complaining 'cause I already ate for tonight. :joy:

I'm not sure how I feel about Maeve. I'll wait and see how she gets separated from Danna first. I feel kinda sorry for her though!

Because bread is amazing :'(:sob:
    Aw, you and a small amount of people actually feel bad for her. <3
    Maeve's definitely immature, but that aside, she's only 22 in those flashbacks and basically wasted 2 years chasing some wimpy artsy mailman who delivered a lot more than mail to her front door
    It's a given she's a wreck and I'm glad you're waiting on more substance to judge her whiny younger self ;)
    You edit your screenshots?! :o I feel lied to. ;)
    uduVcAP.png

Lied to? But it was only a...
    white lie

white lie

...how did I know that was coming
    uduVcAP.png

white lie

because you're already accustomed to my
    half truths
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

white lie

because you're already accustomed to my
    half truths

bahahaha
    Chapter 16 [Part 3]: A Pending Decision

Irritated by the thought of Danna, Maeve gets upset with Murphy's nagging.

gX1taNl.png

Inb4 ur late updating thread
    I didn't get a break from wiping butts today!!! And there was a new admission ok!!1

Anyways I always liked the number 14
    or rather anything with a 4
    Hehheheh
    Wiping butts is always first! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Chapter 16 [Part 3]: A Pending Decision

Irritated by the thought of Danna, Maeve gets upset with Murphy's nagging.

Is it my birthday? :open_mouth: Oh wait, that was two weeks ago.. Now to read it.. brb

I ship these two!!
    edited July 2018
    You're late upd--

Oops...

ANYWAY I don't think we can solely blame possible post-partum depression for "I DON'T WANT THIS BABY NO SIR," when Maeve didn't seem to want the baby at all once she found out how scummy Royce was. Even before, I think she might've wanted the baby only as a connection (tether?) to Royce, rather than the baby itself.

And with so few babies available for adoption and so many people who want them, I don't think giving up the baby is necessarily selfish. I know it's easy to say that motherhood (or parenthood) in general is the be-all, end-all, but some people just aren't cut out for it or don't want it. I think it's a myth that becoming a parent automatically makes you a better, less selfish person, even if it does tend to do so for a lot of people.
    uduVcAP.png
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I agree that she shouldn’t keep the baby, and also that it’s not just post partum either @LadyLobster And giving up Danna totally isn’t selfish either... it’s the right thing to do!

I just think she’s proved/shown she’s selfish in other ways though. I’m hoping we will get to see more of present-day Maeve in future chapters, and that she’s grown :heart: (I have faith that she did! If anyone could help her change, it’s our boy Murphy :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Wiping butts is always first! ;)
    Actually, undoing the diaper/pull-up/undergarments comes before ;) LOL

Is it my birthday? :open_mouth: Oh wait, that was two weeks ago.. Now to read it.. brb

I ship these two!!

Omg it was your birthday two weeks ago?!?? Aaa happy belated birthday :sob:I feel like a garbaj friend to not know but no worries, I'll remember next year!!! *shakes fist*
    You're late upd--

Oops...

ANYWAY I don't think we can solely blame possible post-partum depression for "I DON'T WANT THIS BABY NO SIR," when Maeve didn't seem to want the baby at all once she found out how scummy Royce was. Even before, I think she might've wanted the baby only as a connection (tether?) to Royce, rather than the baby itself.

And with so few babies available for adoption and so many people who want them, I don't think giving up the baby is necessarily selfish. I know it's easy to say that motherhood (or parenthood) in general is the be-all, end-all, but some people just aren't cut out for it or don't want it. I think it's a myth that becoming a parent automatically makes you a better, less selfish person, even if it does tend to do so for a lot of people.

bbpls

She totally wanted Danna as a connection... As the first part of this chapter even points it out. Glad that bit was caught :sob: I always worry things would get lost in translation, like the whole "Stacy's baby is Murphy's" way back in Chapter 12 :pensive:

And I agree! I have a lot of friends that just don't want to be parents, and that's fine as long as I get to adopt their child. If anything, for a person who is heck bent on not being a parent and ended up as one... I think it'd make them even more selfish in a way because they'd antagonize the child as someone who's sucking away their "what could have beens," like partying or whatever hip outgoing youngsters do, while they're still young anyways :/
    Then they'd hit their mid-life crisis and suddenly now they're collecting people skins

gosh i'm getting uncomfortable with how long this post is I should break this up
    I agree that she shouldn’t keep the baby, and also that it’s not just post partum either @LadyLobster And giving up Danna totally isn’t selfish either... it’s the right thing to do!

I just think she’s proved/shown she’s selfish in other ways though. I’m hoping we will get to see more of present-day Maeve in future chapters, and that she’s grown :heart: (I have faith that she did! If anyone could help her change, it’s our boy Murphy :heart:

Of course she'll be around for future chapters--She's a main character anyways ;)unlike Royce, that yucky boye ew
    Has she really grown? That's the real question ;):joy: Everyone's pretty much a different person from their past selves... Though a couple of them haven't changed since the day they were born. :pensive: Hmm, I wonder if Murphy really would change her. His actual personality shouldn't be overlooked as he's more than his giant arsenal of bad pickup lines and charming attitude.
    ...But saying more makes me feel like I'm going to spoil my story so I'll stop there LOL

Speaking of which I'd like to break down my characters here with an old meme

bba1fa5b852801da2d2a5a62acca2b25.png

do you guys know how disheartening it was for me to realize a lot of my characters would say there's food at home :sob: