Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Story] White Lies and Half Truths [on Hiatus]

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I blame you for my sudden urge to watch The Sound of Music :joy:

Now that song is totally stuck in my head.... :o
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So a date it is! I'm sure Danna will be happy about it. I'm excited to see how Maeve and Danna are together and how this date goes too!
    Super nice and happy chapter! <3
    haswh wrote: »
    So a date it is! I'm sure Danna will be happy about it. I'm excited to see how Maeve and Danna are together and how this date goes too!
    Super nice and happy chapter! <3
    Don't you think she's gonna look at Danna and think....uh oh....this is my kiddo?
    @AudreyFld I think so but she will doubt herself I think. And didn't she already say that to herself when at the store?
    @AudreyFld I think so but she will doubt herself I think. And didn't she already say that to herself when at the store?

I should go back and reread that chapter. It's been awhile since I read it.... yeah, I think you are right... But she will doubt it.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Chapter 16 [Part 16]: Spontaneous Marriage

As the two of them walk along to pick up Danna, Maeve tells a white lie that may have consequences.

b25kL16.png

*cough* What do you mean the 14th was yesterday and I didn't post
    Y'all silly, I totally did
    :cold_sweat:

Sorry for the delay, I was going back and forth on the weekend in my summer place. Also the idea of screenshotting was making me lazy. But now with these fresh mosquito bites on my feet send help I wanna scratch I'm here

Inb4 It's too late to reference the first chapter and Danna's tardiness Cement, stop

I swear this would've been better in Lyle pov but HEy that's too bad 5 me
    Anyway what else would he be thinkin of aside from "aaa" and "AAA" right

Lyle raised Danna completely like himself to not care about random women saying "hej I'm ur mom now" OR DOES SHE
    We'll never know until Danna pov ecksdee
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    what day is it
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster and @Cement Feels like a Tuesday to me. ;) Sometimes days run into each other ...
    Well Maeve saying she was Danna's mother is correct. If only Lyle and Danna really knew. :o Lyle might very well die right there on the spot when he does find out! :# Wondering now when they will find out. Sooner rather than later I hope!

Great chapter! <3<3
    Chapter 16 [Part 17]: A Superhero’s Daughter

Danna finds out about the so-called date between her father and Maeve, deciding to wish Lyle luck as she tells Maeve about her favorite supervillain.

YVOUrCI.png

Man I wanted to take more screenshots but sleepy and work aaaa
    Well Maeve saying she was Danna's mother is correct. If only Lyle and Danna really knew. :o Lyle might very well die right there on the spot when he does find out! :# Wondering now when they will find out. Sooner rather than later I hope!

Great chapter! <3<3

If only! They'll find out eventually... As for right now, ignorance is (temporary) bliss :smirk:
    Well, one thing, Maeve has figured out that Danna’s mother wasn’t really kidnapped by an evil sweaty man!
    That was such a sweet chapter! <3 They look like a happy little family, I love it! The story they have spun about Danna's Mother is fantastic you really made me laugh with that one! :joy::joy: Off to the diner they go. This will get more interesting I think.

Wonderful chapter! <3<3
    I fell asleep on my keyboard last night so I didn't get to take screenshots
    But I'll be updating later when I get back home from work LOL

That aside I got fanart aaaaaAA of my favorite chicken boye done by nerd murder on tumblr <3

The only rival chicken man being bigmarvel
    vXo5BAr.png

OOF WOOPS BREAKS OVER
    OMG he's so stinkin' cute I can't stand it ffffffffff
    uduVcAP.png
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    That’s so cute! :heart:

You have been slacking lately tho, young lady.

*whip sounds*
    snvAF3B.png
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I can't get enough of your writing. I love how detailed this story is, and can't wait for more.
    Uhhh so it's pretty obvious school started and I'm drowning in homework 90% of the time and about 10% of it is work related stuff so I haven't had time to actually be active
    The last part has been done, I just haven't gotten any time to take screenshots :pensive:

But for now, here's some love for our sunken M&M ship with these fake screenshots with my newest dating sim, "Leave Me Alone, Connor Murphy" where all the options make Murphy fall in love with you (Maeve) no matter what option you choose until you hit the last chapter of the game where you inevitably kick him out of your house for lying to you about your questionable ex-boyfriend who got you pregonate in the future
    jkncQ3P.png

Enjoy your!! high school life!!! with Murphy constantly tailing you!!!!!!!

rUspuD2.png
    UiCfTLX.png

And if you were curious, picking "no" makes Murphy say this

J3RiZ76.png

10 whole chapters of Murphy trying to romance you and finally being successful because there are no wrong answers!!!!!!! Go on unintentional dates where you try to escape but a series of terrible coincidences leave you with him so you have to deal with it every time!!!!!!!!!

WuZAIjh.png

Every other line is a bad joke!!!!!!!!!!

unihOJ1.png

you can't go wrong!!!!!!!!!! With any option!!!!!!!!!!

JQjh86H.png

There are no downsides!!!!!! Unlike my story!!!!!!!1 Donate to my "Leave Me Alone, Connor Murphy" kickstarter to make this game come alive

c0OdtpE.png

/endcrack

anyway jokes aside, I'm still figuring out how to juggle my schedule. I think I'll be able to start updating again once some personal things settle down (or if I figure out how to deal with them.) It's been a bit rough in real life... But I'll be free someday. Fingers crossed that comes soon since I've been itching to write-write :pensive:
    I mean, I've been writing, but it's all over the place again with future chapters that aren't chapters that are next :cold_sweat:
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2018
    I’d been worried you fell into the abyss of endless schoolwork and would never return again, so it’s nice to know you’re still alive and kicking! But I hope things get better for you soon :(

I will patiently await more of the story. For now, I throw all my money at this life-changing kickstarter campaign :scream:
    snvAF3B.png
    This is why you're my favorite. <3
    uduVcAP.png
    That was awesome. So glad you are still around and cray cray! We love your sense of humor! <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    ROFL! Enjoyed your nonchapter. ( And I’d donate to that Kickstarter. I’m a huge Murphy fan. He’s the best cheese around.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Remember when I said this is the last part?
    I lied
    there's like 2 more after this

Chapter 16 [Part 18]: Into the Red Ship

Maeve finds herself in Raymond’s Place, a familiar diner that sat in the corner of two familiar streets–And with a wandering thought that slowly found its way to the front of her brain.

B7iO42x.png

how terrible it is for me to spring this gross boy on you guys at like ungodly o' clock

anyway bye i have to go to class and pretend I am a decent member of society

see y'all thursday :kissing_heart:
    omg took you long enough :'(

it's finally here AAAAA
    uduVcAP.png