Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers and preteens must be coming soon...

There are just too many hints for these 2 life stages that can't be considered coincidences. I made a list consisting of all of the hints/easter eggs so far:
1. The baby/toddler bottle in Dine Out, also it moves sometimes, and I can confirm this is true myself as well.
2. Tween radio station and TV channel in Kids Room Stuff. Really? Why the particular mention of tweens/preteens if we don't have them in the game?
3. I checked out the kids' toy box in game and I couldn't find the xylophone/other toddler objects that were seen in the Kids Room stuff trailer and the game code/mesh picture of the toy box. So that must mean the xylophone can only be seen in the Kids Room stuff version of the toy box.
4. Generations mentioned in the August 2015 survey, including toddlers and preteens.
5. Also Back To School EP mentioned in the same survey, and if you have seen the recording session video from The Sims on Snapchat, you can say it definitely sounds like a teacher's voice or something!

What do you guys think? ;)

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I believe it's coming also.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    The next quarterly video is due in a couple of weeks, I'd say wait for that because more then likely we will see a preview for the upcoming EP. As far as Toddlers go, I do not hold out any real hope for them.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I really hope you are right. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited June 2016
    the DO mystery bottle is really a mystery for us. Why did they put it there? I still haven't move on about that and I still don't think that they'll add tweens as the new life stage. All we want is just Toddlers, whether it is half baked or not and they can improve toddlers in a pack like Generation etc etc. They can make much more money if they are that thirsty.

Children in the base game said Simguru that they act so childish. In the kids room, they can act as tweens. Well, If you prefer a childish sim or smart children, then it's up to you but this kids room is a major improvement of the game and the first pack that focuses on other life stage rather than YA.

I still hope we get a teens pack.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    the DO mystery bottle is really a mystery for us. Why did they put it there? I still haven't move on about that and I still don't think that they'll add tweens as the new life stage. All we want is just Toddlers, whether it is half baked or not and they can improve toddlers in a pack like Generation etc etc. They can make much more money if they are that thirsty.

Children in the base game said Simguru that they act so childish. In the kids room, they can act as tweens. Well, If you prefer a childish sim or smart children, then it's up to you but this kids room is a major improvement of the game and the first pack that focuses on other life stage rather than YA.

I'm not in that "We". :)
    They either have to make teens younger looking and shorter, or add pre-teens, otherwise I will simply age them up and kick them out because they just look to old and look like they should be on their own. Just looking at them makes me feel like I missed out on much of their life already.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Pre-teens are unnecessary. All they need to do is fix the current teens in game and add toddlers. I wouldn't want them to waste time and resources on a life stage that is so short.

They have already told us changing the teens' height was unlikely ('I wouldn't hold my breath on teens getting shorter.' http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p6), and that the taller teens left some room for pre-teens ("I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely").

So I think pre-teens are more likely than shorter teens, and far more marketable too ! If they have to remake a new Sim skeleton, new meshes for all the CAS things, and new animations, we might as well have a new life stage at this point. And it wouldn't disappoint the people who like their teens taller too, which is an added bonus.

Now the big question is what would be the point of pre-teens in term of gameplay. I would like them because it's one step toward a more gradual aging but I guess they'll have to introduce some new gameplay too : perhaps something around autonomy or identity (with new aspirations ?).
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Pre-teens are unnecessary. All they need to do is fix the current teens in game and add toddlers. I wouldn't want them to waste time and resources on a life stage that is so short.

They have already told us changing the teens' height was unlikely ('I wouldn't hold my breath on teens getting shorter.' http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p6), and that the taller teens left some room for pre-teens ("I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely").

So I think pre-teens are more likely than shorter teens, and far more marketable too ! If they have to remake a new Sim skeleton, new meshes for all the CAS things, and new animations, we might as well have a new life stage at this point. And it wouldn't disappoint the people who like their teens taller too, which is an added bonus.

Now the big question is what would be the point of pre-teens in term of gameplay. I would like them because it's one step toward a more gradual aging but I guess they'll have to introduce some new gameplay too : perhaps something around autonomy or identity (with new aspirations ?).

I agree with you that preteens are more likely that shorter teens. As regards the new gameplay I think that, if they are done properly, preteens could become one of the best age groups. They could have crushes (both on preteens and on teens, but perhaps they could only engage romantically with other preteens). They could also get acne and why not, mood swings (I know these are also potentially gameplay elements for teens but they are not currently there anyway so it would be a good moment to add them too!).
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I do think that toddlers are still coming for the Sims4. Pre-teens not so much.

The guru's ( can't remember which one ) said they left a parting gift in DO ... perhaps it was the teddy bear, perhaps it was the interesting bottle on the stand ... maybe both.

While I can certainly see toddlers and how they are needed for the game ... pre-teens I am not so sure on. Aside from the height difference ... what would a pre-teen do? Is there enough difference between child and teen to flesh out a pre-teen stage.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping they could just fix the teens and do more separation of the similar look between teen and YA. The differences are there, but they are so slight.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    They've said themselves nothing to do with DO bottle is a hint.

Have they commented on the bottle? Where, please?
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruDrake "indirectly" put it out there in the Denmark thread that their not in the works right now, if you can read between the lines of what she's saying. None of those hints you listed are actual hints according to her and another Guru. They were meaningless "easter eggs" for a good laugh. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. If they are ever coming, it won't be anytime soon.
    Post edited by Jerrello on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

In this thread. According to SimGuruDrake there are no hints indicating toddlers are coming.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891793/the-sims-danmark-denmark-about-toddlers/p1

Also SimGuruDrake has made some final comments.
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    They're coming boys and girls. They are going to come through for us I can feel it :D
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    They're coming boys and girls. They are going to come through for us I can feel it :D

haha! :D
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2016
    Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping they could just fix the teens and do more separation of the similar look between teen and YA. The differences are there, but they are so slight.

I don't want to see any changes however I wouldn't mind additional life stages. I'm not willing to tolerate data loss or distortion of existing characters.

<images relocated>
    Post edited by Forest_Ninja on
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

In this thread. According to SimGuruDrake there are no hints indicating toddlers are coming.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891793/the-sims-danmark-denmark-about-toddlers/p1

I scanned through that ... all 16 pages. I could not find where the bottle was commented on. I might have missed it, but I didn't see it.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I'm not in that "We". :)
    They either have to make teens younger looking and shorter, or add pre-teens, otherwise I will simply age them up and kick them out because they just look to old and look like they should be on their own. Just looking at them makes me feel like I missed out on much of their life already.

I never said that you are included, Dear. I'm referring to the people who wants toddlers. Not YOU. Lol.

And all we have to do is just wait and wish.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member

The Tweens are an age group I have wanted to see as someone said, the gradual aging aspect... I would love to see the toddlers put back into that aging prospect and ultimately I would love to see a pre-school age group which could very easily share a toddler skeleton but more upright and straighter instead of wobbly and cute.. To me the more we can have stair step age groups in the infant to teen age group the better.. one more in the adult group and we would have a nice gradual aging process that makes sense.. It would be nice to have kids be in each group instead of everyone is a child and you almost forget who is to age up next..
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

I scanned through that ... all 16 pages. I could not find where the bottle was commented on. I might have missed it, but I didn't see it.

Wrong thread. Sorry. She says it in this thread that the baby bottle is not a hint but was left in by a guru who is no longer on the team.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891628/hint-of-new-life-stages-in-latest-sp/p4
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting when they announce the trailer for the next quarter...so many hopes, so many dreams possibly crushed yet again. It's like a train wreck you can't look away from.
    Gruffman wrote: »

Wrong thread. Sorry. She says it in this thread that the baby bottle is not a hint but was left in by a guru who is no longer on the team.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891628/hint-of-new-life-stages-in-latest-sp/p4

It's honestly pretty cruel to put in those little things to find when they don't really mean anything. They should know better, there's too many people who are really invested in wanting toddlers and it just feels like a cruel prank towards them.

ha, I think that bottle meant more than they let on.. I like what she said it was that person's way of saying we hear you, even if we can't say anything.. the moving bottle has to be saying there is movement in it.. Also the teddy bear says alot to me as well.. we haven't had a real good teddy bear in Sims 4.. The huge animals are great, but it does not make up for the teddy bear that has been part of the Sims games for a very very long time.