Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As Tears Go By: A Musical Legacy

Welcome to...As Tears Go By: A Musical Legacy

I am not following the rules for a traditional legacy. For example, my founder starts out in a house, albeit a small, inexpensive one, but most legacies following the traditional rules starts with a founder living on an empty lot.

I decided I'd try something a little unique. I wanted to combine my love of Sims, writing stories, and music into one story, so I'm calling this a Musical Legacy. The heirs may or may not have musical talent, but each generation will have a specific song that will be featured in some way throughout their story. For example, Debbie's (my founder) favorite song is "As Tears Go By" by the Rolling Stones. As you read through her generation, you will see that she sometimes plays it on her guitar and sings it either to herself or to her son. Because Debbie is the founder and the story was named for her favorite song, "As Tears Go By" will probably be seen in future generations even though each generation will have its own song featured.

Each generation will be a story in itself and the goal is to have ten generations fulfill their lifetime wish and get to the top of their career. Some will marry and have happy lives while others may not follow that route. I want to make each generation's story different. There are often real life issues that they will have to overcome, but as things progress, elements of fantasy and such will most likely be incorporated.

The game used to illustrate the story is The Sims 3. The story is hosted on my blog. Tabs at the top make it easy to navigate. Links and info for updates will be posted here as they become available.

To read the story, go to:

As Tears Go By: A Musical Legacy
36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is the latest chapter available for the story right now. It's been a while since this one was written and I am working on a new one as we speak. Poor Debbie has been sorely neglected and she's letting me know she's none too happy about that.

Debbie%2B%2526%2BTerrill%2BEating.jpg
    Chapter 8, Surprises

Debbie is apprehensive about lunch with Terrill but finds out that being with him is quite nice.
    Whew! At long, LONG last, a new chapter for "As Tears Go By" is available. Debbie is back and she's hopping mad.

Debbie%2B%2526%2BEricka%2B2.jpg

"As Tears Go By," Chapter 9, He*ll Hath No Fury

Debbie is confronted by Simon's wife, who holds nothing back.
    Chapter 10 of "As Tears Go By" has been released.

Debbie%2BCrying%2Bon%2BTerrill%2527s%2BShoulder.jpg]Chapter 10, Unburdening My Soul
  • MoonGirlMoonGirl Posts: 55 Member
    Oh boy what a wonderful legacy! I sat down to read a few chapter to get started and before I knew it, I had read it all and now I can't wait to read more of it <3 I left comments on all your chapters but I wanted to chime in here as well with a few things:

First of all, thank you so much for writing a legacy that starts with a troubled beginning. Although I love sweet moments and cute legacies, it was very nice to see your different take on the beginning of this. And Debbie sure got herself into a complicated mess with Simon! It just shows that life is not always just a walk in the park. I am actually glad she did not have the "gift of foresight" as she said because she might not have had Nathaniel if that was the case. Now I can't wait to see if she can start a life with Terrill. They are so sweet together.
    @MoonGirl - Oh wow! Gosh, seeing this really made my morning. :grin: I can't tell you what it means that you love my story so much. I saw all your comments and loved them. I'll try to get replies out to them as soon as I can. :)
    I also love sweet moments and cute legacies, and there certainly is a place for them. However, I like starting out with something that has to be overcome and dealt with. I figure there will be time for those sweet moments when the story takes off, but I really like to set the stage for something that has to be addressed and dealt with from the start.

"Forever in Time" does start off beautifully with a wedding. However, I always tell folks to read Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge first. That gives us plenty of heartache and sorrow to deal with and shows how far Lenora came to get where she is now. Also, there are hard times later on in "Forever in Time," so it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

In "Another World," we start out with time travel and a founder who must become accustomed to living in modern times. Alina has a sweet love story but it's not all smooth sailing.

Anyway, those are examples of things I do in my stories to try to make them interesting. :) Yes, I also like Debbie and Terrill together, too, and you'll be happy to know that because of him, Debbie's life will be looking up very soon. :)[\spoiler]
  • MoonGirlMoonGirl Posts: 55 Member
    No worries! I enjoyed reading it and can't wait to see what happens next. <3

I will have to go look the Bachelorette challege as well. I've never done or read one before.
    @MoonGirl - I'm so glad you're looking forward to reading more. :) I plan to have a chapter out this week, barring anything unforeseen coming up.

Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge can be found on my Forever in Time blog (link in my siggy). They are fun to write but a bit of work to do. There's a lot of backstory before the challenge starts, but it gives you a lot of detail about Lenora's life.