Update: 06/23/2016 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
How do Simmers!
Just about the end of June… Summer is in full swing… what better time than now for a release?!What’s New?
Did you see something? Over there... peeking out from under the bed. Not if you aren’t a kid!
Children however might find themselves awakened at night to the eerie sounds of a monster lurking beneath their bed. Fear not brave ones, a quick spray of monster repellent will get the pesky critter to creep away (you can also pre-spray like any properly working repellent).
But… why be afraid, when you can be friends! Children can spend a little time trying to get to know the bed bound beastie, and maybe make a new friend.
Of course, perhaps you just don’t want your kiddies to worry. Place “Coolala, The Defender Wall Light” to keep the monster at bay, and sleep tight, have a good night…. and know that the Monster Under the Bed is afraid of sunlight.General Issues…
- We fixed an issue that left our elders looking a bit more daw… er…ly morning of the dead than we wanted them to be… their age lines were quite pronounced. Elders should look less zombie and more walking alive.
- The Days Until Age Up information in the Simology panel will now display no matter where you hover over the age bar.
- Left side… right side… slightly off center... the Sims’ days are always numbered.
- Do you think the Sim knows about their age countdown?
- Do you think it’s Logans Run’esque, Terminator 2’ish, or maybe Paycheck’ian...
- …not that anyone should reference Paycheck. But you know what, I liked Paycheck. There, I said it, and now you know.
- "Eat" will no longer be called "Eat and Learn Experimental Food" on foods that are not experimental foods.
- Also… quotations used "incorrectly" have been known to cause "confusion" and lead to the belief that "what the writer is writing" is intended sarcastically.
- We fixed an issue with some assets that were incorrectly tagged as masculine or feminine, or that had their tags forgotten altogether. Specifically:
- ymhair_Sp05LongFront is now tagged as masculine
- ymTop_SP05Basic is now tagged as masculine
- yfAcc_EarScoop is now tagged as feminine
- yfBottom_EF10SwimBikiniMetalFront is now tagged as feminine
- We fixed an issue that prevented Sims from being able to hire a mixologist to tend bar.
- They are back, they are mixing…
- …‘ologist’ refers to a person who studies or has knowledge of a particular kind of science.
- And as much as I hoped… a tribologist does not actually study tribbles.
- Mud bathing Sims will no longer appear with random face paints.
Get to Work…
- The hair ym_GP03SlickBackWavy will no longer have a bald spot on the back.
- Implants are complete, all hair is 100% natural… no chemicals or artificial sweeteners have been added.
- Net profit information will no longer improperly display when opening the View Last Finances report in your restaurant menu.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the totals to add incorrectly each time the dialog was viewed.
- We addressed an issue (Hello issue) that could cause restaurant advertising to have little or no effect upon the number of customers that would come to visit your establishment.
- We fixed an interface issue that made it appear retail stores would remain open when the Sim left the lot.
- Patients should no longer reset when their doctor attempts to examine them or take their temperature.
Thank you again for your feedback, support, and issue reports – all of which keeps us moving along!
-SimGuruGnome[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is currently enjoying a good cup of joe.]
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims