Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Today

Given that the Kids Stuff Pack is being released next week Tuesday, does any one know if we might have a patch today?

*Hopefully to fix some of the annoying issues from Dine Out*

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I was coming here to ask that. I thought I saw one was coming today.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I read that to, game off at the moment.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I haven't installed the last one I was hoping I would have more time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    @Cinebar the last one was a quick little update to "fix" some major issues with dine out...in my opinion, I don't think I should have updated it. Problems that I didn't have with DO before the update made a grand appearance in my game after updating :'( but for some odd reason I still love that game pack.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think the most important things to fix are the resetting patiens at the hospital and the since-122-years-broken party timer :) .
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Gosh, I hope they fix the new "aged" look of elder female Sims and those awful Chaplinstaches.
  • Options
    I think the most important things to fix are the resetting patiens at the hospital and the since-122-years-broken party timer :) .

Agreed
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Oh, I didn't even know there was a possibility for a patch today! Woop, woop, excited!
  • Options
    @gothprincess4ever patches usually happens the Thursday before a new pack is released. So I'm crossing my fingers that today is the day.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's probably today, and it'll include the monster under the bed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I wasn't expecting them to show up under BG kids bed, it says it's monster-proof...that bed has false advertising lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    And all the most wanted bugs should be fixed now!
  • Options
    @Simanite thanks for the pics..I can't wait until I get home from doing errands.

Do you know if the monsters only appear on the kids single beds or on the double beds as well? I only ask because I usually give my kids double beds.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    And all the most wanted bugs should be fixed now!

There's quite a few issues fixed in the latest patch, I'm happy to see mud bath masks now show properly!

27759180252_251dbbcba0_b.jpg

The missing walls in cutaway view issue has however not been fixed yet.

27582681520_2d537ff0cb_b.jpg
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Has anyone checked to see if the elder face fix works and does it work on existing elders?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Poor Alexander found the monster under his bed!

frv8koW.png

He was freaking out XD I told him to try and speak with the monster but a pop up appeared telling that the monster was not in a talking mood.

After a few screams he went on to wake up Mortimer who followed him to his room! :D

INmKdGt.png

ygM2yuk.png

But only Alexander could see the monster.

uyZVS7u.png

So I had him ask Mortimer to later spary the bed.

There is also this light that I believe makes the monster not appear.

2tzNmDC.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That looks like a clone of the existing kids wall light.

I was hoping it would be a small square one like TS3 night lite one with the bunny on it.
  • Options
    @Simanite thanks for the pics..I can't wait until I get home from doing errands.

Do you know if the monsters only appear on the kids single beds or on the double beds as well? I only ask because I usually give my kids double beds.

@IceDrizzle27 The option to "Spray monsters under the bed" is only available on single beds, so monsters won't spawn under double beds.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    That looks like a clone of the existing kids wall light.

I was hoping it would be a small square one like TS3 night lite one with the bunny on it.

Yup, it's a recolor. I was also hoping for a small kids "presence light" sort of thing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Simanite thanks for checking. At least they thought of adding something for the kids. I'm satisfied.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Has anyone checked to see if the elder face fix works and does it work on existing elders?

@JACKIEJOY I have just checked elders in CAS and the pre-made elder lady in Willow Creek and they both have fixed faces. However, I don't know if elders from games saved before the latest patch will look fixed. I don't have any saves so I can't test it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I was also hoping the anti-monster spray would be an aerosol type of can that sims would spray under the bed, not the animation from GTW where employees spray the things to clean them, being the spray thing a cleaning product.

But oh well, as some people say, if it's free, it's for me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I was also hoping the anti-monster spray would be an aerosol type of can that sims would spray under the bed, not the animation from GTW where employees spray the things to clean them, being the spray thing a cleaning product.

IRL when I sprayed under my sons bed for the monsters, it was with an spray bottle just like that. Hey, as parents we use what we have on hand. LOL, so it is pretty realistic to me.