Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't like this thread.

lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
i've tried EVERYTHING!! even cheating so their romance bar is FULL!!

and still they reject every romantic move!!

now my storyline is completely ruined, what am i gonna do???

this is so frustrating im starting to resent the sims 4

pls help!
Post edited by lejoninna on

Comments

• Options
    yes they are really good friends
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Because sometimes I do more than flirt and compliment and they get upset so I try flirt and compliment and having them be flirty at the sametime is good.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited June 2016
    You can move too fast, too soon with Sims 4 as far as romance goes. You can have to take it baby steps at a time. And if they are embarassed... don't do romantic interactions.

You want them flirty to help them be more willing to flirt. You can do this by the red reward lamp or freshing up in mirror.

Start small... flirt, compliment appearance, blow kiss (if available). Do those a couple times, you want a pink bar on their relationship, too, before moving onto to the next.

Then you can move on to what I term, phase two. That's embrace, risque question, kiss hands, give rose (this can actually be on phase one, if it's available). After doing this, you are pretty much able to do any of them. But there is one or two you never want to do. I can't remember exactly what they are, as I avoid them out of habit now.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo @Briana2425 thanks for tryin to help guys, but nothing is working :/

ive tried baby steps, but after just 1 (!!) "compliment apperance" they get embarrased, and they were both flirty at the time. and after that their friendship bar jsut goes down ALOT

ahhhhh i hate the sims right now
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @ChelleJo - I never heard of the red reward lamp - what is that? Also the freshen up at the mirror is new to me.

@Briana2425 - To get the flirty mood I use the shower (steamy) and then have the Sim paint a flirty picture. These pictures together with the aura enabled should put your Sims in a flirty mood. Also consider changing the aspiration of one or both of your Sims to Soulmate (the hearts) - you can change the aspiration back later. Changing the aspiration may be the quickest fix...I have collected flirty paintings over several generations.
  • Options
    Is either of their relationships in the red (not pink but red)?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    One last resort go on a date in a restraint if you have dine out.
  • Options
    @simstr0ng One of the reward lamps for having bought and registered Sims 3 on origin. There's one for the base game and one for every EP. And if you have them all, you got a bunny statue reward. They come in very handy. :) They put off different aura's, depending on the lamp.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You might have driven the relationship bar down a lot lower on the other sims side.. You might show as friends on your side but they don't. I'd suggest giving it up for that day. Invite them over (if they accept) another day and just do friendly interactions only, if you can get something that gives off the flirty aura and can get them in a flirty mood go very slow if you want those particular sims to have a relationship.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Change your storyline. Give them all the cold shoulder :)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    @ChelleJo @Briana2425 thanks for tryin to help guys, but nothing is working :/

ive tried baby steps, but after just 1 (!!) "compliment apperance" they get embarrased, and they were both flirty at the time. and after that their friendship bar jsut goes down ALOT

ahhhhh i hate the sims right now

is their hygiene in green ?
    cause they get embarrassed if the hygiene is low & they are in the presence of a loved one

i had a sim die of embarrassement because of such a situation, dirty & flirting

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @ChelleJo - I never heard of the red reward lamp - what is that? Also the freshen up at the mirror is new to me.

@Briana2425 - To get the flirty mood I use the shower (steamy) and then have the Sim paint a flirty picture. These pictures together with the aura enabled should put your Sims in a flirty mood. Also consider changing the aspiration of one or both of your Sims to Soulmate (the hearts) - you can change the aspiration back later. Changing the aspiration may be the quickest fix...I have collected flirty paintings over several generations.

I know all of those but I'm lazy I like just watching tv or take cold shower lol
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I had this problem with a husband/wife. Crazy , NOTHING worked. I finally moved them out of the house and put other people in to play and just gave up on them. That has never happened to me before. One of them was even a family sim so I found it strange that they would reject most kinds of affection.
    The couple that replaced them are doing fine and just had there first child.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    You can move too fast, too soon with Sims 4 as far as romance goes. You can have to take it baby steps at a time. And if they are embarassed... don't do romantic interactions.

You want them flirty to help them be more willing to flirt. You can do this by the red reward lamp or freshing up in mirror.

Start small... flirt, compliment appearance, blow kiss (if available). Do those a couple times, you want a pink bar on their relationship, too, before moving onto to the next.

Then you can move on to what I term, phase two. That's embrace, risque question, kiss hands, give rose (this can actually be on phase one, if it's available). After doing this, you are pretty much able to do any of them. But there is one or two you never want to do. I can't remember exactly what they are, as I avoid them out of habit now.

I know what one of them is. Don't, DON'T confess attraction too soon! That's a buzz kill, so to speak.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Some Sims just don't mix, I have had a few cases of bad chemistry. I have always been able to find someone else as romantic partner then.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't know if it's related at all but after the June 2 patch I had a married couple who refused to share the same bed. They had the same reactions that Sims have if you are trying to get two friends to sleep in the same bed.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    i've tried EVERYTHING!! even cheating so their romance bar is FULL!!

and still they reject every romantic move!!

now my storyline is completely ruined, what am i gonna do???

this is so frustrating im starting to resent the sims 4

pls help!

Hi, I'm playing with two sims who I wanted to become a couple. As their relationship improved they had an option to be something like 'best friends' or something similar. I think this 'friendzoned' them because they absolutely refused any kind of romantic interaction. :(

In the end I made them start their own club with Get Together. Just the two of them. And I pushed all the romantic interactions. At first, it still didn't work too well, but then I got the club perks which encourage acceptance of romantic interactions and did everything I could to make them feel flirty (like using the plumbob lights and gems). After that it didn't take very long to get their romance bar full, and now they are married with a baby. :)<3

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Make sure both are in the pink bot just one sim.. This cheat ur using only affects one sim so switchin the name will change the other sim so they match, should be easier then. Also, is the sim in a relationship with someone else?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Do they have the "Just Friends" relationship (in the relationship status)? I've seen my "Just Friends" flirt and do some light romantic stuff but most of the more intimate interactions will fail even at very high relationship statuses (both pink and green bars nearly full), or at least they haven't done kissing or woohooing. I have a "Just Friends" pair that will flirt all day long, but the second I try to get them to kiss or woohoo, the other will give the denial interaction regardless of emotions. As far as I know it's what you get out of the "Just be Friends" interaction - I think it may put a hard boundary on how far those sims will go but I've not played around enough to know for sure. I've also never caught that sim pair flirting autonomously or encountered jealousy from the sim when other sims flirt with one of the couple despite the bars (no player trait for either and other relationships, without the "Just Friends" tag behave like they always have). I've been meaning to experiment more with the "couple" as I think their relationship is really fun to play with them.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars