Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poses are CC I was Told !

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
edited June 2016 in General Mods Discussion
I was told by EA Rep to post this in the Forum's, I am not sure if this is where I am to post it, But My problem is this >
I had called EA awhile back and asked them bout Poses being added to the game in the Mods folder then People saying that their creation's are not Custom Content, when in fact they are, I was told then that Yes they were , if they were not in the game itself made by EA or Maxis, then Yes they are Considered CC, BUT I called EA Today and the Rep I talked to told Me that yes they are considered CC, But that they were screened by EA and are okay, So Which Is It EA, they are either CC or NOT, Stop being confusing, In My book it is Black and White, Poses added to the Mods folder Are CC and should be Tagged as so , instead of being there Confusing A lot of us, with People saying oh my characters are not CC but can have poses that are Not from the game? , that is just plain Bull to Me, Tag them the way they should be as CC, instead of Confusing New and Unsuspecting player's, you can not have it both ways, they either are or are not, plain and simple.

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Hi!
    Anything that is not automatically downloaded by Origin is considered custom content.
    Custom content is never screened by EA and you should be cautious about what websites you choose to download from.
    Hope that clears things up!
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Hi!
    Anything that is not automatically downloaded by Origin is considered custom content.
    Custom content is never screened by EA and you should be cautious about what websites you choose to download from.
    Hope that clears things up!

That is Not the problem, The Problem is other's adding Poses to the Mods folder to show up in the game, then say that their Creation's are NCC, when in fact they are CC, Because the Poses they use were Not from the game itself, they were added in, so there fore they should be Marked as what they really are, which is CC, EA & Maxis can not say that they are CC, then tell Me and other's that they were screened and are okay, They either Are CC or they are Not, can not have it both way's period, it confuses other player's when they look at those creations in the gallery and see them say they are NCC, but yet have CC Poses on them, it is Ridiculous, plain and simple.
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    The pose is simply used for making a screenshot. The sim in question, which you may have seen on the Gallery, does not "possess" a pose which is permanently attached to the sim like some CC clothing. If you or I download that sim, we do not acquire a "pose" together with the sim, at least not as far as I know. It is obvious to me that the screenshot of the sim and a pose used in this screenshot is not part of the actual download item; these should not mark the sim as CC.
    Shimrod101 wrote: »
    The pose is simply used for making a screenshot. The sim in question, which you may have seen on the Gallery, does not "possess" a pose which is permanently attached to the sim like some CC clothing. If you or I download that sim, we do not acquire a "pose" together with the sim, at least not as far as I know. It is obvious to me that the screenshot of the sim and a pose used in this screenshot is not part of the actual download item; these should not mark the sim as CC.

The Poses are confusing for New player's as well as other's, My point I am trying to make is , If someone is adding the Poses to the Mods folder in order to be seen in the game, Then that Is considered to be CC, Due to the fact that it was Not added by Maxis or EA for the game, but the player using it, therefor it is considered to be CC, I tried to add one of those creation's once myself, and it messed up somehow and would not work, I do not know if it was because I did not have that pose or what, so I had to dump it.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited June 2016
    It seems to me that you have been told at least 3 different times by Maxis that poses are custom content. If it goes in the mods folder it is custom content. Who is saying otherwise?

Poses are not part of the animation for game play. They are for the purpose of taking pictures, only. They do not enhance actual game play in any way.

Here are instructions on how to install and use poses:
    http://simscommunity.info/2015/09/20/playing-with-poses-in-the-sims-4/

edited June 2016
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    It seems to me that you have been told at least 3 different times by Maxis that poses are custom content. If it goes in the mods folder it is custom content. Who is saying otherwise?

Poses are not part of the animation for game play. They are for the purpose of taking pictures, only. They do not enhance actual game play in any way.

Here are instructions on how to install and use poses:
    http://simscommunity.info/2015/09/20/playing-with-poses-in-the-sims-4/

The players who are making the creations and putting them in the Gallery with NCC names on them are the ones saying they are NCC, and I am telling them that Yes I was told they are CC, but they keep telling me they are not, so I would like EA or Maxis to Tell them Yes they are CC by Tagging them the way they should be, as CC, because they can not have it both ways, and the instructions for the Poses do me no good, I can not use CC or Mods in my game, I am CC/Mods free.
    If, as you say, you play without CC. I don't see how a pose in the gallery affects the Sim you download in any way. Therefore, the box does not need to be ticked. The option to include CC in the gallery is for items that will affect your game play with a particular household or lot.

You had mentioned that you had tried poses in your game but, that they did not work for you. Thusly, I included the link. I also thought you might understand them better and why they are the exception to the "include custom content" rule.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2016
    Custom data may cause conflicts or critical malfunctions which will increase support load and/or cause loss of data. Any modification of data is and should be treated as custom content since any values which are beyond the boundaries of the existing controls may cause failure of the product or related services. Even a change of one bit can corrupt an entire neighborhood and leave the game in an unplayable state which can't be reversed with 'repair' options.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
    Custom data may cause conflicts or critical malfunctions which will increase support load and/or cause loss of data. Any modification of data is and should be treated as custom content since any values which are beyond the boundaries of the existing controls may cause failure of the product or related services. Even a change of one bit can corrupt an entire neighborhood and leave the game in an unplayable state which can't be reversed with 'repair' options.

Thank you , Finally someone who gets it, Not everyone can use CC or Mods in their game, But The point I am trying to make is that those people who add CC Poses from other web sites that are Not from EA or Maxis, is telling others that they are not CC, when in fact they are, plain and simple.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    You're missing the point that a Pose is NOT part of the actual Sim. Poses are not uploaded to the Gallery in any way, shape or form, beyond being displayed in the thumbnail. So while a pose IS indeed CC, just because a Sim is pictured in a pose, that pose data does not exist within the Sim data.

As long as there is no CC in the Sim itself -- that's what you're actually downloading from the Gallery -- then the Sim has no CC. Poses are not part of a Sim. Poses are a game mod that only affects the game of a person who has that mod installed.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I have never downloaded a sim with a custom thumbnail, it ticks me off on principal. However, I have a question - once you download the sim with the custom pose picture in the gallery and now the sim is in your library, does it retain the custom picture? What about when you put the sim in your game, is the custom picture retained in any way then?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nectere wrote: »
    I have never downloaded a sim with a custom thumbnail, it ticks me off on principal. However, I have a question - once you download the sim with the custom pose picture in the gallery and now the sim is in your library, does it retain the custom picture? What about when you put the sim in your game, is the custom picture retained in any way then?

Just from my own experience (I've only downloaded a couple of Sims with custom pose portraits, so that's not extensive), in the Library the Sim retains the custom pose as long as you don't edit it. If you edit that Sim and re-save your edited version (or even just re-save it -- you don't really have to change anything) the game will generate a new, stock pose for the picture on the new save. Bringing the Sim in-game -- I'm not 100% sure as I've never brought a gallery Sim into my game without editing it first. If you edit it, you get your new pic, as I said. If you use it straight off the gallery, I think it should probably generate a stock pose for the Sim in-game on the map & household management views and such, but I'm not certain.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
    Ayradyss wrote: »

Just from my own experience (I've only downloaded a couple of Sims with custom pose portraits, so that's not extensive), in the Library the Sim retains the custom pose as long as you don't edit it. If you edit that Sim and re-save your edited version (or even just re-save it -- you don't really have to change anything) the game will generate a new, stock pose for the picture on the new save. Bringing the Sim in-game -- I'm not 100% sure as I've never brought a gallery Sim into my game without editing it first. If you edit it, you get your new pic, as I said. If you use it straight off the gallery, I think it should probably generate a stock pose for the Sim in-game on the map & household management views and such, but I'm not certain.

As soon as you put the Sim into a live part of your game (ie CAS or a neighborhood) the picture expires and is replaced by a game pose.

With other CC, the content is not replaced it completely vanishes leaving a bald/naked sim.

Therefore, there is an exception for poses. Yes, they are technically CC. But, the poses behave differently. You are not losing playable content by transferring from the gallery to the game. You will not get a pop-up saying items have been removed or showing a bald/naked sim in gameplay. A picture of a pose affects nothing.

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    would be great if noCC/NCC meant also free of poses

& if the game would check for poses & sort them under mods too

i want to compare sims along the original poses & not along some fancy poses making a boring sim apearing more interesting
    if i had any option to skip all those poses sims, i would use it
    no custom content omits poses, i dislike that

EA should provide a pose free Gallery if the user chooses a CC free Gallery
    already because poses can be offensive

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    would be great if noCC/NCC meant also free of poses

& if the game would check for poses & sort them under mods too

i want to compare sims along the original poses & not along some fancy poses making a boring sim apearing more interesting
    if i had any option to skip all those poses sims, i would use it
    no custom content omits poses, i dislike that

EA should provide a pose free Gallery if the user chooses a CC free Gallery
    already because poses can be offensive

If you ever see anything in the Gallery that offends you and is beyond the TOS of the game. Do not be afraid to report it. Opening the item in the gallery and choosing the flag symbol is safe and anonymous.

Therefore, there is an exception for poses. Yes, they are technically CC. But, the poses behave differently. You are not losing playable content by transferring from the gallery to the game. You will not get a pop-up saying items have been removed or showing a bald/naked sim in gameplay. A picture of a pose affects nothing.

So technically speaking, you are downloading a custom png file that has been doctored in some way by someone other than EA Maxis?
    Origin ID NectereSim

So technically speaking, you are downloading a custom png file that has been doctored in some way by someone other than EA Maxis?

It's a jpg file, not a png. The picture is in your cache, same as every other jpg picture from the gallery.
    Not quite the same as every other jpg from the gallery. It is a custom jpg not created by EA Maxis but instead created by an end user - therefore, custom content is being passed through the uploading of households using pictures created with a custom pose and a program written by outside sources.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I've never had custom content installed in my game through a gallery download...it doesn't work that way. Any custom content is left out when you download unless you already have that content. (That's why people like to know... so that they know what they are getting what they see) If you want the content then you have to go to whatever site has the download and install it in your game that way.

It's generally understood that poses are just a way to "advertise" a creation; that your sim won't move that way in the game unless you own that pose. (I don't know a lot about poses but I think they are just in cas) It's the same as when people use a mod to change the pictures of their lots that they build...the gallery pictures cause it to be tagged as CC. That's why people tend to not consider poses in a gallery pic as CC content.

However there are people that say their creations are CC free when it's not just to get downloads, just like some people will use whatever trending hashtag in their description even if it's not an accurate description of their upload. But that's something else entirely.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @treece01 Just want to correct one thing in your post- there are poses that can be used in CAS (to replace a trait animation), in-game (to replace an animation in the game or using the Pose Player mod), or that replace the pose used in the picture that is generated by the game when you save a sim to your library/upload them to the gallery. The third kind is what is being discussed in this thread.
    edited June 2016
    treece01 wrote: »
    It's generally understood that poses are just a way to "advertise" a creation; that your sim won't move that way in the game unless you own that pose. (I don't know a lot about poses but I think they are just in cas) It's the same as when people use a mod to change the pictures of their lots that they build...the gallery pictures cause it to be tagged as CC. That's why people tend to not consider poses in a gallery pic as CC content.

The bolded statement above is a source of contention for many lot builders since both are trying to do the same thing, "advertise" a creation; yet household creators are given a special pass to not have their content marked as CC.

Furthermore in many cases, households blatantly created with CC are not marked as CC and you do not get the sim pictured. Also with custom pose pictures, unless you own that pose, your sim is never going to look that way once it is put in game, it may look different because of the angle of the pose in the custom picture that was uploaded.

*Edited to add that even more frustrating is the ability to rotate the picture angle of a room for upload but not a lot so some MAXIS build or a tree across the street isnt blocking it. That makes even less sense but w/e.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Amen, Yup.