Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most kids you've had?

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 2
Since the Sims 3 and 4 you have 42 days to have children, (21 days during young adult, 21 days as an adult.) you can have a LOT more kids than in sims 2, since it's only 29 days long. Well, unless you adopt more as an elder I guess.

The most kids I had born by a single family was in the first generation of my current legacy, 4. But I moved the founders out because I wanted to play with them by themselves when they became elders and had them adopted 2 more.

STORYTIME:

When the founders became elders, and their eldest child started the second generation, I moved them out of the generation house and I had them move to a condo and adopt two children, also buying elixer of life since their bars were already filled by the time they adopted them. I adopted a child and a toddler, and once the child became a teen, I made sure he got A's and got him into private school, and since they could life on their own now I stopped giving my elders elixr and just let them pass away.

I was going to allow them to live in the Legacy house with their brother and his new family, (I moved the other 3 siblings out) but I decided I had only planned on the second generation only having one child, so I just made a random sim, moved her into a house, and had the two kids move im

They've never come home from school with any of my other sims, but I've seen them in stores and such.

When the oldes

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I've let a few families fulfill the Have 10 Children want... it's fun sometimes. The most that I like to have in a family is 6. :)
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    The most I've had is five, and three of them were babies at the same time, then toddlers. I haven't played that family in quite a while, but when I last played them, the eldest kid was a teen (my first), and that left three children, and a toddler. ALL of them boys with the exception of the toddler.
  • Options
    ForeverFearless7ForeverFearless7 Posts: 8 New Member
    The most I have is generally about 6. (Especially if I'm playing the sims 2 because it doesn't have a story progression mod, like the sims 3) I once had a family where she constantly wanted a baby and every time she had one they were twins or triplets (I didn't even have the fertility treatment reward!) so I ended up with 6 toddlers all at the same time, which was just crazy! I much enjoy playing with bigger families just because it's more of a challenge :smile:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Most kids.. without mods, six. With mods 10 :# That was a very busy household! I like big households though :blush:
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I can't deal with multiple babies. One time I did have multiple babies and they all needed their diaper changed at the same time and bottle fed at the same time, I nearly had a break down.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    The most kids I've had in a household at once is six, but two were adopted since the mom had become an elder.
  • Options
    Crazy_SimsLoverCrazy_SimsLover Posts: 30 Member
    The most babies I had on sims was without mods, 6. It was very funny when the mother had to run after them all cleaning and feeding. By the end of the day, she'd be exhausted. It was funny watching her collapse on the floor.
  • Options
    The most babies I had on sims was without mods, 6. It was very funny when the mother had to run after them all cleaning and feeding. By the end of the day, she'd be exhausted. It was funny watching her collapse on the floor.

That's why I hire a nanny, lol. The two of them can run after the kids, and when the mom (or dad or whomever) gets exhausted, they can go to sleep while the nanny carries on.

And I found out something interesting regarding nannies and maids. I moved Calista (the nanny) into the Craig household (Custom family) and I also moved the maid into the same household. I guess I should have realized it would happen, but I didn't really think about it. I went to play my first family in my custom neighborhood, and I was surprised to see that the maid is the same new maid (a guy named Remmington) as in the Craig household. I don't know why I expected the maid to still be the other one, but I was.
  • Options
    I didn't use mods to have 10 children- they went to Uni right when they turned to teens and there is the Elixir. :lol:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I didn't use mods to have 10 children- they went to Uni right when they turned to teens and there is the Elixir. :lol:

Wow. I guess I'm too uptight about it. I don't want to send the kids to college until they're "ready," which means maxing out their skills if possible, and getting their fitness level up, and stuff like that. I've finally got one Sim almost ready to go, but she still has three skills that need maxing. She's close, but not ready yet. She does have more scholarships than her boyfriend currently has, though. Of course, she grew up on Smart Milk and seems to pick up on things quicker and maxes skills quicker. It takes her boyfriend (already a teen when I created him) to build up his skills. I don't know if her ability is normal for Smart Milk kids or not, but this is what I've noticed with her. Like, her sister is still a toddler and barely has any skills at all, so I'm trying to get the parents' aspiration levels into gold so one or both of them can start feeding the kid the milk.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited June 2016
    if your sim eats cheesecake while pregnant, just one slice will do, you will have twins whether there's room in the house for them or not, and so if you have 7 sims and your sim gets pregnant and you eat cheesecake, your sim will have twins and the sims in the house will become 9. And so, if you have a single sim, she could have 4 sets of twins, 8 children all together, by eating cheesecake each time. That would take her 12 to 16 days, and with there being 28 days in a sim's adult life, if she started on day one of adulthood, she'd still have 12 days to spare. Then of course if she drinks the elixre of life, she could keep going once the babies have grown up and moved out.

and it's not breaking legacy rules to drink the elixr of life, the rules say because it's part of the game it is allowed. The elixr of life just counts as points at the end of the legacy, full bottles of it.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Wow. I guess I'm too uptight about it. I don't want to send the kids to college until they're "ready," which means maxing out their skills if possible, and getting their fitness level up, and stuff like that. I've finally got one Sim almost ready to go, but she still has three skills that need maxing. She's close, but not ready yet. She does have more scholarships than her boyfriend currently has, though. Of course, she grew up on Smart Milk and seems to pick up on things quicker and maxes skills quicker. It takes her boyfriend (already a teen when I created him) to build up his skills. I don't know if her ability is normal for Smart Milk kids or not, but this is what I've noticed with her. Like, her sister is still a toddler and barely has any skills at all, so I'm trying to get the parents' aspiration levels into gold so one or both of them can start feeding the kid the milk.

They have their whole life to work on skills- in my game. If they did them all before Uni there wouldn't be too much to do but earn money. Ilike playing it a little slower with skills so it's not so gridy. :)

Plus- they only need 8 skill points in each one to earn a scholarship so no need to max them all... plus a few others.

Smart milk is an aspiration reward and that's what it does- lets them learn faster.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    meepleep is the same simmer who posted the question about children dying of never showering and being locked in a dungeon.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    This wasn't when playing the sims 2, but in the sims 3 I had eight kids a few times (mostly because my sister would be chanting "eight kids! eight kids!" because she knew how angry and stressed out I got from having that many at once). At one point when I was in this "eight kids" thing the mother died from hunger, right before she was about to finally sit down and eat :joy: I got sooo angry at the time. Only I could make the Sims into a rage game lmao!
  • Options
    HyprActvSqrl324HyprActvSqrl324 Posts: 51 Member
    I think the most kids I had at once was 5?
  • Options

They have their whole life to work on skills- in my game. If they did them all before Uni there wouldn't be too much to do but earn money. Ilike playing it a little slower with skills so it's not so gridy. :)

Plus- they only need 8 skill points in each one to earn a scholarship so no need to max them all... plus a few others.

Smart milk is an aspiration reward and that's what it does- lets them learn faster.

No, I understand that I don't have to max out the skills, but that's Susie's Lifetime Aspiration Want (for now) and so I'm trying to achieve that for her before she goes to college.

And yeah, I get that in regard to the smart milk. I guess for some reason I thought it just affected the baby and toddler stage, and wouldn't have any affect on the child, teen, and adult stages. I am not used to using it, so I am unsure of it's long-term effects.
  • Options

No, I understand that I don't have to max out the skills, but that's Susie's Lifetime Aspiration Want (for now) and so I'm trying to achieve that for her before she goes to college.

And yeah, I get that in regard to the smart milk. I guess for some reason I thought it just affected the baby and toddler stage, and wouldn't have any affect on the child, teen, and adult stages. I am not used to using it, so I am unsure of it's long-term effects.

Oh! Sure for one kid if you want to fulfill their LTW early but you did say The Kids.
    I like using smart milk on all the tots so learning doesn't have to be so grindy. There are times when Smart Milk can stick and they'll learn super fast but SM helps them learn faster.
    Also, Seasons gives a career reward which makes learning it all even faster so it's more reason I don't want to over teach them too young (It's a Bookcase, I forget the name).
  • Options

Oh! Sure for one kid if you want to fulfill their LTW early but you did say The Kids.
    I like using smart milk on all the tots so learning doesn't have to be so grindy. There are times when Smart Milk can stick and they'll learn super fast but SM helps them learn faster.
    Also, Seasons gives a career reward which makes learning it all even faster so it's more reason I don't want to over teach them too young (It's a Bookcase, I forget the name).

Ah, yeah, I only have University, so it's the Smart Milk or nothing, lol. And that's the whole thing; what you said about it being "grindy." Now that I've had Susie do the Smart Milk, I've been (probably wrongly) comparing her learning rate to her little sister Debbie's and Debbie barely has any learning done as a toddler. And yes, I did say "kids," and I do try to at least get all the skills a toddler can learn, learned/maxed, and the rest I usually work on them with throughout their lives, but having seen how quickly Susie learns everything has me desiring to have all future kids doing the same. For me, it really doesn't affect game play outside of maybe getting them further in their careers faster as an adult, and for me, that's a big plus, and now that I've learned about their "Lifetime Wants/Aspirations" I try to fulfill that and see what their next Lifetime Want is, and try to fulfill that. So there's always something to do in the game, even if all skills are maxed early. But, that's my preferred play style.

The biggest thing for me is going to be actually letting go of a Sim and turning "aging on" and leaving it on to allow a Sim to die. In all the years I've ever played the game, that's the one thing I have never allowed to happen. But my game aspiration this time around is to build personal cemeteries, and to do that, I'll need to start letting Sims gradually die. Which puts me in a dilemma because I have Calista, the nanny in a household and I'm kind of ready to let her age fully and die, but at the same time, she just got married to the maid, so I want to give them some time together before that happens (the maid is MUCH younger than Calista), and when that happens, I'll have to let Lindsey, Goopy, and the maid age up and become elders and die, and that will leave the baby of the family, Jasmine, who's currently a toddler who at that point SHOULD be an adult or at least a teen, because her brother Jason should be married by then and living next door with Susie and her family. OK, that brings up a new question. If a Sim dies in one household and was friends with Sims on other lots, will those Sims know that Sim died? Will that become part of their memories? Sorry, I'm not sure how it all works since I've never allowed a Sim to die before.

It's really interesting to me how I don't want any of these Sims to die and how I keep aging off to prevent them dying. I'm actually a rather practical person and have my own life pretty much in order regarding death and such, and I like to think I'm fairly pragmatic about it, since I know there's nothing I can do to stop it. Huh, maybe that's why I hold on to these Sims for so long. Because I CAN control whether or not they die. There's an interesting thought. Sorry, I'm rambling.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    The most has been 11. One of my legacy heirs had 7 kids with his wife, 3 kids with aliens, and then 1 kid with a neighbor as an elder. The heir was of course male.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    6, and they were all from "one birth" (which was really me using forcetwins and boolprop to make the pregnancy instant). Everyone was very happy because this was yeaaars ago before I played with no cheats.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The most children I've had in the Sims 2 was one. I found proliferating in the Sims 2 much more complex than the Sims 4. The thing that sucks, is that in the Sims 2, my sim was pregnant during vacation and I didn't even know. Since apparently sims do no age while on vaction. :P
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    The most I had was... like somewhere around 23 without mods but now I like mods so I might go try out how many kids I can have with my mods.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    TiaDog wrote: »
    The most I had was... like somewhere around 23 without mods but now I like mods so I might go try out how many kids I can have with my mods.

How could you have 23 kids in TS2 with a 3 day pregnancy and only 29 days to live as an adult?
  • Options
    Meepleep wrote: »

How could you have 23 kids in TS2 with a 3 day pregnancy and only 29 days to live as an adult?

If they turned "aging off," it's highly possible.
  • Options
    Meepleep wrote: »

If they turned "aging off," it's highly possible.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that in TS2. :P