Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two minimizing problems for The SiMs 1.

Bronyforever21Bronyforever21 Posts: 1 New Member
I bought the original The SiMs a couple of years ago with all of the expansion packs.
The game runs perfectly thanks to some sort of miracle, even without needing a CD to run the game.
except for two things. If I pause the game, and leave it up for an unknown amount of time. When I come back, I see that the game is minimized, which I previously thought was because of some sort of pop up on my computer, but it doesn't seem to happen with other games. When I pull the game back up, everything is normal, except for the fact that all of the name tags and tool tips are covered in vertical lines, and disappear after a half second, and windows like the quit window, and the ? tips at the top right corner of the screen disappear after a half second, the build/buy menus are also completely blank. http ://i.imgur.com/5Oj4ojb.png

I don't know what kind of system specifications you need, but here are some important things:

Operating System: The latest version of Windows 10 Home
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
RAM: 16.0 GB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Comments

• HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    mine actually does the same thing. i'm sorry my post is of no help, but i've been wondering why it does that as well.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • 3DifferentPeople3DifferentPeople Posts: 1 New Member
    Did anybody ever find a solution?? It would be much appreciated as I am having the same problem!
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @Bronyforever21 said:
    > The game runs perfectly thanks to some sort of miracle, even without needing a CD to run the game.
    maybe you need replace nocd patch
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017
    You might try changing your display resolution to the right setting for TS1 before starting up the game. Games set this themselves but in Windows 7, 8 and 10 older games sometimes don't, and can cause problems when they minimize etc. Like in some older games I can't get some of the games to come back up from the taskbar if I left it paused (any old game) and they minimized to the taskbar.

I figured out with some games if you change the resolution to a resolution an older game has listed it can support, before starting up a game this can clear up a lot of problems. Of course when you are finished with a game you would have to reset your resolution back to where you want it. I had to do this with several old games, it works for Windows 7 and 8 not sure it will work for all older games in Windows 10.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.