Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more ads for free simpoints?

13...Next

Comments

• LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Kay8Orange wrote: »
    Wait wait wait
    You get simpoints for seeing ads on thesims3.com?
    Yes you get simpoints by watching the bonus video from Sims 3 store but as of not the ads been disable since the summer and supposedly EA working on get the bonus video working again.

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    @LaracroftEyes1 Looks like I need to disable my adblock... Where is this bonus video when it's working? How many simpoints can you get from it?
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    @LaracroftEyes1 Looks like I need to disable my adblock... Where is this bonus video when it's working? How many simpoints can you get from it?

When it's working it's on the left-hand side of any page under 'Store' where the 'Make Me an Offer' and 'Complete Your Set' buttons are. If I'm remembering correctly you got five simpoints per video.
    rp_girl wrote: »

When it's working it's on the left-hand side of any page under 'Store' where the 'Make Me an Offer' and 'Complete Your Set' buttons are. If I'm remembering correctly you got five simpoints per video.
    Yes you're correct.

• Lady_315Lady_315 Posts: 3 New Member
    I having a problem getting the button to pop up. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work? Please and Thank You!!!!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Lady_315 wrote: »
    I having a problem getting the button to pop up. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work? Please and Thank You!!!!

@Lady_315, if you're talking about the Blue button for the free ads, then it's been disabled due to the fact that the ads weren't working properly and they were supposed to be looking into the issue but that's been months now. So we don't even know if EA will ever bring back the ads for the free simpoints.
    Thank you! lisasc360 for your help.

But I don't understand why have website that people use all the time to buy items.
    Why not give them free items or sim points for using this site to keep them using their site?
    All they are doing make not using this site at all.
    That not the smart thing to do.
    What do you think?

But I don't understand why have website that people use all the time to buy items.
    Why not give them free items or sim points for using this site to keep them using their site?
    What do you think?

@Lady_315, you're welcome... :)

Well we used to use that site all of the time for the forums until this one opened up and then they merged the old threads from there to here and had the old TS3 forums for just reading only. Now they just have a link over there that brings anyone over here to read and post in the forums.

A lot of us TS3 players really wish that they would just move the TS3 threads back to that old site as some of us don't really care too much about TS4 and would rather be there than here. And a lot of us is really worried about when the time comes that EA ever decides to shut down the older site completely as some people are really worried about losing their store items but just as long as we have back-up copies of the items, then we should be okay. But I also know that TS3 still has old and new players alike that still need to and want to own the whole store, so I'm hoping that if and when EA decides to close the older site down, that they can figure a way to add the store to their EA site so that we can still buy from there as I have no plans in the future to buy that "other" Sims game.
  • CatloCatlo Posts: 88 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

What do you think?

Well we used to use that site all of the time for the forums until this one opened up and then they merged the old threads from there to here and had the old TS3 forums for just reading only. Now they just have a link over there that brings anyone over here to read and post in the forums.

A lot of us TS3 players really wish that they would just move the TS3 threads back to that old site as some of us don't really care too much about TS4 and would rather be there than here. And a lot of us is really worried about when the time comes that EA ever decides to shut down the older site completely as some people are really worried about losing their store items but just as long as we have back-up copies of the items, then we should be okay. But I also know that TS3 still has old and new players alike that still need to and want to own the whole store, so I'm hoping that if and when EA decides to close the older site down, that they can figure a way to add the store to their EA site so that we can still buy from there as I have no plans in the future to buy that "other" Sims game.

it's so sad that the ads aren't not available anymore, for me was the only way to get few simpoints :neutral:
    <3 My Wishlist : https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Catlo

My top 5 : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16200302/#Comment_16200302

English isn't my first language, please don't judge me if you see spelling mistakes.
    Catlo wrote: »

What do you think?

it's so sad that the ads aren't not available anymore, for me was the only way to get few simpoints :neutral:

Same here. I can buy the EA cards and redeem for the points but since I'm a budget, the ads was my way of getting those free simpoints and why I was able to buy all of store worlds that can brought with the points as well as all of the venues and most of the store sets. I still have a couple of store sets that I don't own as well as a few items that's not in any sets whatsoever... :)
    I think that need get off butts. Stated thinking more about people than making money. Because I live on a budget and I can't run out buy sims points. :/ :/
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    No points for me. I must be on the naughty list :'(
  • CatloCatlo Posts: 88 Member

What do you think?

Same here. I can buy the EA cards and redeem for the points but since I'm a budget, the ads was my way of getting those free simpoints and why I was able to buy all of store worlds that can brought with the points as well as all of the venues and most of the store sets. I still have a couple of store sets that I don't own as well as a few items that's not in any sets whatsoever... :)

Who knows? Maybe they are back someday! let's be positives :)
    <3 My Wishlist : https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Catlo

My top 5 : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16200302/#Comment_16200302

English isn't my first language, please don't judge me if you see spelling mistakes.

What do you think?

Who knows? Maybe they are back someday! let's be positives :)

I hope so as well as I do miss getting them... :)
  • twilightrocker12twilightrocker12 Posts: 3 New Member
    I only just found out about them! I wish I'd known about it back when I got the game in 2010. I recently was able to get 5000 simpoints because of a button that popped up on my profile that I'd never seen before.
    I think that need get off butts. Stated thinking more about people than making money. Because I live on a budget and I can't run out buy sims points. :/:/
    You know when EA finally get off their lazy butts they should give every us Simmer's over 5000 Simpoints the day they remove the bonus video Icon back in early Summer and when 8 Months is over go back to giving us five Simpoints

• MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Months and months down the line, it looks like they won't give us free simpoints for ads anymore :s. I only discovered this was a thing reading this forum and I so wish I knew that sooner!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Merelhyn I'm sorry you missed out on this (so far). :( I'm a late-comer to the store, too. Still hoping they'll fix the ads and the weekly sales page.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I only just found out about them! I wish I'd known about it back when I got the game in 2010. I recently was able to get 5000 simpoints because of a button that popped up on my profile that I'd never seen before.

They didn't start the ads until at least 2013. It was in the final period of the game. They were a godsend! They helped me own the store by around the time TS4 was released and I wasn't moving on.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • bellaprincess24bellaprincess24 Posts: 4 New Member
    I only just heard about this option and tried to go onto thesims3.com to watch ads but couldn't find the button. I asked an advisor on a live chat and they told me that this used to be an option but it isn't available anymore. In the Sims3 FAQ page it still says watching ads is available... I'm pretty upset about this.
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Posts: 7 New Member
    @bellaprincess24
    So... they _aren't_ going to fix it?
  • whitmartinezwhitmartinez Posts: 139 Member
    Hey not a newcomer to sims been playing since the original game. I just checked the sims 3 store. You can no l onger see ads for points but I saw where it said redeem points and it game me another thousand points. They are still doing the daily sales and you can still get stuff.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Hey not a newcomer to sims been playing since the original game. I just checked the sims 3 store. You can no l onger see ads for points but I saw where it said redeem points and it game me another thousand points. They are still doing the daily sales and you can still get stuff.

Yep. After not going to the site for countless months, yesterday I snagged the extra 1K and then headed over to the wishlist thread to gift.
    You can't gift sales items - the option is simply not there. I seem to remember this being an issue for a while now. The bigger problem is I couldn't gift at all. I would get an eternal circle and then a page not found. It might be my computer, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif