Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are resorts just laggy, or…?

TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
The Sim I'm currently playing owns the resort Hobart's Hideaway. It started lagging, and I searched the net for possible causes. I've ruled out the infamous roach spawner, because it seems to have been removed (I play in a fixed version of Isla Paradiso, made by another Simmer).

The other possibility is routing errors. So I made some minor changes to the lobby and the activity area to make them as rout-able as I could. I even had my Sim (the owner of the resort) come down to "test" things, to make sure guests could access all the facilities without running into routing problems. They worked fine.

Despite this, I still see some guests (not service Sims) stomping their feet and waving, and the lag is still there. Are resorts just naturally laggy? Is there a fix? Any help is much appreciated; thanks in advance :)

(Edit: here's another thing that might be worth noting: running the resort seems to be loading up two of my cache files, namely CompositorCache and simCompositorCache. Does this have any implications?)
Post edited by TinySpaceFox on

Comments

• Options
    EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    I don't know about resorts specifically, but Isla Paradiso is a very laggy world, overall.
    And in my opinion, EA lots in general has poor building design, and so routing errors are frequent. I find that I always have to rebuild them more or less.
    For Isla Paradiso, I disable pets, strays and wildlife. I also use Ellacharmed's fixed worldfile, which helps a lot. And then some NRAAS mods, like Overwatch to clean up stuck sims/vehicles etc.
    It's still a laggy world, but it's more than playable. I couldn't play it before.
  • Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    I also strongly suggest what Eehna posted but you need to run Overwatch every 3-5 Sim hours with a stuck & reset check. Overwatch only runs once a day & I was finding the was game getting worst as the Sim day went on. I ran it to find 22 Sims & animals stuck, this isn't taking into account that nearly every Sim hour I keep getting informed about the wild horses & usually 1 or 2 other Sims or pets found stuck. I also suggest using Overwatch to turn off the adoption if you have Pets. This world isn't friendly to kittens & puppies or anybody else that are limited to moving about. But if you want to adopt a pet yourself you'll have to turn it back on until you get the animal onto your lot.

CompositorCache and simCompositorCache are files that game dumps info to store to help run it, so it doesn't overload the game (if I'm remembering definition of chache right). EG I run default skins & I want to change to a new one, I need to delete simCompositorCache to clear the old one out of the games memory. I've also found the higher my Sim texture settings the bigger the file. It doesn't hurt to delete those files & the other cache the game just refreshes it, you can also delete the files out of the worldcache folder, these becomes pretty bloated also.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The Sim I'm currently playing owns the resort Hobart's Hideaway. It started lagging, and I searched the net for possible causes. I've ruled out the infamous roach spawner, because it seems to have been removed (I play in a fixed version of Isla Paradiso, made by another Simmer).

The other possibility is routing errors. So I made some minor changes to the lobby and the activity area to make them as rout-able as I could. I even had my Sim (the owner of the resort) come down to "test" things, to make sure guests could access all the facilities without running into routing problems. They worked fine.

Despite this, I still see some guests (not service Sims) stomping their feet and waving, and the lag is still there. Are resorts just naturally laggy? Is there a fix? Any help is much appreciated; thanks in advance :)

(Edit: here's another thing that might be worth noting: running the resort seems to be loading up two of my cache files, namely CompositorCache and simCompositorCache. Does this have any implications?)

If you have other resorts in the town that are not your own delete them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1