Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can swiping objects break the game or cause problems?

I created a family of criminals.

Only two of them have the Kleptomaniac trait; however, as I added it as a club activity, the whole family can automatically swipe objects.

I took the family to the museum wherby they automatically started swiping - this how I became aware that non-kleptomanica Sims can swipe.

The museum has taken a battering - as my Sims have been there twice.

The museum has displayed a few warnings - such as the lot is now incomplete.

Will the museum become unstable for use?
Will the museum auto-heal - ie will the swiped objects eventually be auto-replaced?

Comments

• Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    No, there is no possibility of corrupting the lot or causing failures by 'swiping' objects and the museum will remain incomplete until you replace the objects in build mode.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I think what will happen, no one will go there, only you when you send your sims. If the lot is incomplete for that business then sims will not go there. they need all the objects on the complete list to work. I do not believe that things will be auto replaced. It will not bother your town, only that build.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    A community lot as a certain number of required items for it to be complete. When you go into build mode it will tell you what is needed and how many is needed to complete. I try to stay away from those objects or just take one.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Okay, thanks - I was just wondering about the warning triangles about the lot.

It is a cool way to make money though - create a club with family members - allow them to swipe objects - send them somewhere where there is expensive stuff - sit back as they auto-swipe - sell the goodies.

Kaching.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I do wish that when objects got swiped, the transparent object of whatever was swiped was still there so you know what needed to be replaced and where it was.

Personally, I hate the klepto trait for this very reason. I dislike it when a random sim, non player controlled comes into a restaurant and swipes a centerpiece off the table ... and you have to go around and make sure everything is put back.

Is it still an issue if a klepto swipes an object from say the kids park and we don't have a way to edit that area its just out of luck.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Okay, thanks - I was just wondering about the warning triangles about the lot.

It is a cool way to make money though - create a club with family members - allow them to swipe objects - send them somewhere where there is expensive stuff - sit back as they auto-swipe - sell the goodies.

Kaching.

The lot will be automatically set to an inactive type if you remove mandatory objects and that isn't relevant if the venue functionality isn't necessary for your story. Just use the 'no venue requirements' mod to eliminate the alert.

You should start a hacking team as well and punish Landgraab for the exorbitant bills.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Swipe? *pops up like a meerkat, looks confused*
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @BabySquare
    BabySquare wrote: »

Nick, pinch, lift, appropriate, pilfer, purloin, make off with...... ;)
    @BabySquare

Oh! as in the literal sense!/version found in the dictionary.

I thought it was some new-fangled internet speak thing.
    (took me years to learn what ROFL meant; I just thought everyone was misspelling the name Rolf.)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Swipe=Americanism? Maybe? @1need4kaffee , very nice list, but you neglected, steal. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Swipe=Americanism? Maybe? @1need4kaffee , very nice list, but you neglected, steal. :p

Steal would have made it too obvious. :D
    @BabySquare

BTW, I love this list of alternatives; so many to choose from. Thank you. :)