Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They Never Listen. Do Something That Will Make Them Hear Us.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2016
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

You've really got your bases covered. If EA doesn't give you what you want, it's because it's a greedy, shady, evil company that doesn't listen to fans. But if it gives other fans what they want, it not because it listened to them. It's because it's all a "coincidence."

Yay, because we can all be happy that so many people wanted restaurants and we got them YAY, and we can own them YAY, and we can have our own sims be waiters or chefs, YA oh wait... We can't.

They were going to release a restaurant themed pack, they always have done in previous games, but while it did add restaurants, it didn't add them in the way the fans wanted.
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.

I've often wondered if we have what we do have in the game because it's easier or more cost effective to do it a certain way. Then I watched the DO walk through and I heard a dev say....we didn't think it would be fun to play that way. He was talking about no other active roles except manager. That's when I realized that they really weren't going to do the kind of game play that many players have been asking for.

Yeah, they're only going to give us things that are easy for them to do or things they 'want' to do, if it's what we want then yay all the better, but even when it is something we want, not only will they not give us the game play that we want, but even when it's in the area of something we want, we'll be disappointed.

As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.

I've often wondered if we have what we do have in the game because it's easier or more cost effective to do it a certain way. Then I watched the DO walk through and I heard a dev say....we didn't think it would be fun to play that way. He was talking about no other active roles except manager. That's when I realized that they really weren't going to do the kind of game play that many players have been asking for.

No entertainment product developers ever do since exclusion of the common consumer is never good for business. This is why they've offered such a robust scripting interface, so functional and dynamic that the engine can nearly be considered open source (and I mean that respectfully).

I think you may find that the engine isn't nearly as open source as you think, that's why they don't add new emotions to the game... I don't think they can.

The games core structure is rigid and for a game like The Sims, that's a real problem in the long term.
    Post edited by Evil_One on
    raw
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think you may find that the engine isn't nearly as open source as you think, that's why they don't add new emotions to the game... I don't think they can.

The games core structure is rigid and for a game like The Sims, that's a real problem in the long term.

The game is not rigid at all, I've personally tested all of it's core functions and found that it's very dynamic, they're just not creating anything of interest. Regarding your signature, why bother with petitions? Just stop paying for it and move on.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

My emphasis. I've said it before and will say it again. The Sims 4 devs had/have a really bad case of Final Fantasy Disease; that is, ".... people within the company who can’t imagine anything other than their own view of [the game]. Since the root is a strong self-affirmation, one’s own view of [the game] takes more priority than the team’s success. If that view of [the game] isn’t fulfilled, then they’re convinced that it’s bad for [the game]. They think, ‘Since [the game's team] is a special team, then we are also special because we are making it. When the new [game] comes out, everybody is going to be so into it.’ But that’s not the reality of the situation, is it?

Best explanation EVER.

And it's not just Sims or video games. Something I really enjoy is the strategy card game Magic the Gathering. Lately I feel the developers of new cards think that because they love Eldrazi, everyone must love Eldrazi, and if they don't, they should.
  • Options
    LMJLMJ Posts: 161 Member
    Even if people got everything they've asked for they'd still whinge about something else. There's just no pleasing some people.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

The game is not rigid at all, I've personally tested all of it's core functions and found that it's very dynamic, they're just not creating anything of interest. Regarding your signature, why bother with petitions? Just stop paying for it and move on.

You're a programmer for the game and have successfully added a new emotion?
    LMJ wrote: »
    Even if people got everything they've asked for they'd still whinge about something else. There's just no pleasing some people.

Making games is the art of stopping people complaining, the less complaints about a game, the better it is.
    raw
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited July 2016
    Simple.... Stop paying for this crap.

I haven't really actively been on these forums since June of last year... It's a shame we're still in the same predicament. Ea KNEW we wanted toddlers before they even released this game... That should've been one of the first things worked on from the beginning. Now they've added so much game packs and other 🐸🐸🐸🐸... It's gonna be a bit harder for them to implement new code into the game... It's already a hard enough task on its own... I just can't take this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 anymore. That's why I haven't been playing or posting on the forums. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Ea. They're not getting another dime from me.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,930 Member
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

They changed their name to Xfinity here and are constantly begging us to come on over.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »

Yes, but EA is the only company to ever win it twice in a row.
    raw