Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They Never Listen. Do Something That Will Make Them Hear Us.

Comments

  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Let's all start a campaign for furtherance of The Sims as a simulation project and offer the developers a few billion dollars to cover their operating expenses, licensing, and creation of the assets and framework which will be required for them to give us what we're demanding. I vote that we entirely fund the next version out of our own pockets since we've made it clear to them that this version isn't acceptable and that we're not going to stop attacking them until they've completed the project.

    Why not just start a kick starter fund for indie game developers. You may have more luck.

    You certainly will not have any luck funding a startup for anything related to simulation of life at the level of depth and quality that you can expect from EA and the developers who are supported by their resources. Cutting edge entertainment is all or nothing and the EA executives are the most influential pioneers of that field.

    I'd recommend analyzing (and enjoying) the entire four hours of the EA Play 2016 Livestream so you can get a better idea of what independent developers will never achieve.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    All these excuses need to stop. I'm not even going to put ALL the blame on EA for providing a deadline. The Producers are the true greedy and disastrous group.

    There is no reason that Grand Theft Auto V has more of an open world and diverse range of simulation than The freaking Sims.

    There is no reason that closed world replaced open world. IN THE SEQUEL.

    There is no reason that toddlers has been completely taken out when the effort and work that would have made that so "difficult" is not evident in anything else we can see.

    There is no reason the Sims 2 has more content and progression THAN THE SIMS **4**

    There is no reason you should have 7 expansion packs, 3 game packs, and only 3 expansion packs to make this game more enjoyable for two additional hours.


    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited July 2016
    GrandJury wrote: »
    All these excuses need to stop. I'm not even going to put ALL the blame on EA for providing a deadline. The Producers are the true greedy and disastrous group.

    There is no reason that Grand Theft Auto V has more of an open world and diverse range of simulation than The freaking Sims.

    There is no reason that closed world replaced open world. IN THE SEQUEL.

    There is no reason that toddlers has been completely taken out when the effort and work that would have made that so "difficult" is not evident in anything else we can see.

    There is no reason the Sims 2 has more content and progression THAN THE SIMS **4**

    There is no reason you should have 7 expansion packs, 3 game packs, and only 3 expansion packs to make this game more enjoyable for two additional hours.


    yeah. it make me sad that ea has so much apparent disdain for the fans that supported them with minion-like (yep, the little yellow, goggle-eyed ones) devotion over the years. but if we keep buying their water-downed ipad game with their glorified microtransaction stuff bundles then i guess that's what we're going to keep getting until enough of us stops buying.

    you can't really blame them for trying to make a buck for as little effort as possible. they didn't win "the worse company in america" title by being nice, caring-about-their-customers type of guys.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    yeah. it make me sad that ea has so much apparent disdain for the fans that supported them with minion-like (yep, the little yellow, goggle-eyed ones) devotion over the years. but if we keep buying their water-downed ipad game with their glorified microtransaction stuff bundles than i guess that's what we're going to keep getting until enough of us stops buying.

    you can't really blame them for trying to make a buck for a little effort as possible. they didn't win "the worse company in america" title by being nice, caring-about-their-customers type of guys.

    Where was there any evaluation which states that EA won 'worst company in america' ? I wasn't aware that there was any such survey or authority.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited July 2016
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    yeah. it make me sad that ea has so much apparent disdain for the fans that supported them with minion-like (yep, the little yellow, goggle-eyed ones) devotion over the years. but if we keep buying their water-downed ipad game with their glorified microtransaction stuff bundles than i guess that's what we're going to keep getting until enough of us stops buying.

    you can't really blame them for trying to make a buck for a little effort as possible. they didn't win "the worse company in america" title by being nice, caring-about-their-customers type of guys.

    Where was there any evaluation which states that EA won 'worst company in america' ? I wasn't aware that there was any such survey or authority.

    *game show host voice* survey says... worst company in america!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Let's all start a campaign for furtherance of The Sims as a simulation project and offer the developers a few billion dollars to cover their operating expenses, licensing, and creation of the assets and framework which will be required for them to give us what we're demanding. I vote that we entirely fund the next version out of our own pockets since we've made it clear to them that this version isn't acceptable and that we're not going to stop attacking them until they've completed the project.

    Why not just start a kick starter fund for indie game developers. You may have more luck.

    No, he wouldn't. Crowdfunding is a complete and total joke. Most of those projects fall through, either because the project starters are starry-eyed navel gazers who wind up getting in over their heads or are scam artists/panhandlers who had no intention of seeing their idea through.

    You missed the part about indie game developers plenty out there who already produce games. They may be willing to take on a project like a life simulator with a little more support for the love of a game not just get rich quick scheme.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't really care about toddlers, cars or seasons. They'll be nice for the players who want them but they aren't adding things other players want either. I'd like build/buy items that are less 'new and shiny' and more shabby, goth or trashy. I'd like supernaturals and not have them get nerfed like the aliens because a few people complained.

    They just need to build one big EP with supernatural life forms, grunge in buy and build, monster toddlers, a monster mash car, and it rains cats and dogs, and viola everybody is happy. :p It covers family players, supernatural players, grunge lovers like me, car enthusiast, and pet lovers. Oh, and throw in some drastic natural disasters caused by players when they let their Sims fart outside it causes tornados, and even deviant players win. :D ETA:Didn't mean to leave out collectors..catch a fart in a jar and you won't have a green tornado, LOL, keep them on the shelf to pass down to your kids collect them all!. ROFL
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Don't really care about toddlers, cars or seasons. They'll be nice for the players who want them but they aren't adding things other players want either. I'd like build/buy items that are less 'new and shiny' and more shabby, goth or trashy. I'd like supernaturals and not have them get nerfed like the aliens because a few people complained.

    They just need to build one big EP with supernatural life forms, grunge in buy and build, monster toddlers, a monster mash car, and it rains cats and dogs, and viola everybody is happy. :p It covers family players, supernatural players, grunge lovers like me, car enthusiast, and pet lovers. Oh, and throw in some drastic natural disasters caused by players when they let their Sims fart outside it causes tornados, and even deviant players win. :D ETA:Didn't mean to leave out collectors..catch a fart in a jar and you won't have a green tornado, LOL, keep them on the shelf to pass down to your kids collect them all!. ROFL

    ahahahahhaha awesome;)))) still laughing;))
    00.jpg


    Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Dear OP... they do listen... and some stuff which players asked have been implemented actually... But... and there is that big BUT...the best thing to do to save sims 4 and make Ea really listen to players is to change Ea management;))))) !!! Because I think Gurus and Developers are aware of what players want.. but management of Ea does not care even if told about the "wants and needs" of players... all they care are profits..
    00.jpg


    Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The day they lose money to a competitor they will step their game up..until then..we get what we get.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    yeah. it make me sad that ea has so much apparent disdain for the fans that supported them with minion-like (yep, the little yellow, goggle-eyed ones) devotion over the years. but if we keep buying their water-downed ipad game with their glorified microtransaction stuff bundles than i guess that's what we're going to keep getting until enough of us stops buying.

    you can't really blame them for trying to make a buck for a little effort as possible. they didn't win "the worse company in america" title by being nice, caring-about-their-customers type of guys.

    Where was there any evaluation which states that EA won 'worst company in america' ? I wasn't aware that there was any such survey or authority.

    *game show host voice* survey says... worst company in america!

    Who is 'Chris Morran' to state that EA has been declared the worst company in America and of what relevance is "The Consumerist" to the international entertainment industry of which EA has successfully established leadership?
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,530 Member
    edited July 2016
    We ask for toddlers once again, and we get Dine Out!

    Since 2009, we requested for Restaurant and Business in The Sims 3, now we got them... 7 years later in The Sims 4.

    Maybe you'll get them in TS5 :p

  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    The day they lose money to a competitor they will step their game up..until then..we get what we get.

    yeah, that's pretty much it. there's no incentive for them to do anything but languidly swat at low hanging awful or barely there mediocre like a fat, bloated cat.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,530 Member
    edited July 2016
    How many EP did The Sims 3 get ? 11, The Sims 4 is still a baby, only 2 EP were released, the best is yet to come.

    When was TS3 EP04 Generations released ? 2 years after the basegame.
    When was TS3 EP08 Seasons released ? 3 years after the basegame.

    Patience Pays Off
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,530 Member
    edited July 2016
    EA, don't you care about the fans?!

    Just they ignore the haters because they are unfair.

    The Sims Studio did many of my requests, I'm very thankful for that.
    Here a sample of what they already did
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/831600/the-sims-4-requests-fulfilled/p1
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    How many EP did The Sims 3 get ? 11, The Sims 4 is still a baby, only 2 EP were released, the best is yet to come.

    When was TS3 EP04 Generations released ? 2 years after the basegame.
    When was TS3 EP08 Seasons released ? 3 years after the basegame.

    Patience Pays Off

    IKR? A lot of people who are constantly complaining about the EPs that haven't been released yet have a short-term memory or are too young to recall how the Sim's franchise has operated since day one. As you've stated clearly above, it takes years for all of the packs to be released.
    Sharks need love too 🦈


  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    They do listen to us - they have been using player feedback to improve the game, they've been adding content requested by different people for every pack and patch they've released, they've partaken in discussions within the forums and even social media, not to mention they're being more informative and vocal about upcoming content because the players asked for it - it's not something they have to do, it's something they chose to do. Plus I really feel that they've upped the quality and quantity of the Packs.

    When you make a game that has millions of fans, with likely all of them having their own ideas, feedback and requests for the game, you can't fulfill all those requests especially in just an allotted amount of time. They've been listening to us and fulfilling our requests but they can't listen to everyone all at once and they can't give us all the content we want when we want it.

    There are tonnes of players out there with their own requests. I want Toddlers too but I also like seeing people happy to get something they've always wanted in The Sims franchise finally get it in this iteration. At least Toddlers exist in TS2 and TS3, can't say the same for a bunch of other features that people still continue to request. As everyone else is saying, try to have patience and faith in Maxis, that's really all we can do.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

    As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.
    raw
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited July 2016
    Evil_One wrote: »
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

    You've really got your bases covered. If EA doesn't give you what you want, it's because it's a greedy, shady, evil company that doesn't listen to fans. But if it gives other fans what they want, it not because it listened to them. It's because it's all a "coincidence."
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

    As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.

    I've often wondered if we have what we do have in the game because it's easier or more cost effective to do it a certain way. Then I watched the DO walk through and I heard a dev say....we didn't think it would be fun to play that way. He was talking about no other active roles except manager. That's when I realized that they really weren't going to do the kind of game play that many players have been asking for.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

    As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.

    I've often wondered if we have what we do have in the game because it's easier or more cost effective to do it a certain way. Then I watched the DO walk through and I heard a dev say....we didn't think it would be fun to play that way. He was talking about no other active roles except manager. That's when I realized that they really weren't going to do the kind of game play that many players have been asking for.

    No entertainment product developers ever do since exclusion of the common consumer is never good for business. This is why they've offered such a robust scripting interface, so functional and dynamic that the engine can nearly be considered open source (and I mean that respectfully).
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    They don't listen to us in any major way, it's pure luck when something they add to the game coincides with what the fans want... Nothing more.

    As to the OP, I'm already doing something that'll make them listen, especially if more people do it, and that's to not buy anything they release for this game.

    I've often wondered if we have what we do have in the game because it's easier or more cost effective to do it a certain way. Then I watched the DO walk through and I heard a dev say....we didn't think it would be fun to play that way. He was talking about no other active roles except manager. That's when I realized that they really weren't going to do the kind of game play that many players have been asking for.

    No entertainment product developers ever do since exclusion of the common consumer is never good for business. This is why they've offered such a robust scripting interface, so functional and dynamic that the engine can nearly be considered open source (and I mean that respectfully).

    It's my opinion that in TS4 they have bypassed the game play of many. You think what you want and I'll think what I want.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    It's my opinion that in TS4 they have bypassed the game play of many. You think what you want and I'll think what I want.

    In my opinion, this version in it's current state is equivalent to the The Sims 2 with expansions and what it offers in contrast to the previous versions from an engineering perspective is far greater than the complete set of 'missing' features, and they're still expanding it so there will surely be much to do with it for those who are willing to do a little work.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It's my opinion that in TS4 they have bypassed the game play of many. You think what you want and I'll think what I want.

    In my opinion, this version in it's current state is equivalent to the The Sims 2 with expansions and what it offers in contrast to the previous versions from an engineering perspective is far greater than the complete set of 'missing' features, and they're still expanding it so there will surely be much to do with it for those who are willing to do a little work.

    I wish I could feel what you say is true. I would have been a happy player and they had taken TS2 and upgraded the graphics.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Many others, including me, want toddlers, cars, and seasons. You're supposed to serve the majority, not cater to the minority.

    ?????

    You must not spend a lot of time reading here. There have been a lot of request for the things I mentioned. While the people who really want toddlers are very vocal the people who want these other things have not been exactly silent.

    I'm with you, I would rather have supernatural then toddlers...
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

    Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

    Rrkznuy.jpg?4


























Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top